Voter Suppression, true or false

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Republicans are not only requiring IDs but they are involved in:
-Making the registration process, difficult.
-Shortening Voting days and hours.
-Closing up balloting stations in Democratic areas.

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=332QeTNmfh8]Reagan's shining city on a hill in his farewell address - YouTube[/ame]

How far the Republican Party has fallen is apparent to all honest citizens.

Dont forget denying people the use of a bathroom at locations that have crazy wait times. But but but its too stop bathroom voter fraud I tells ya! Derp

There is no truth in your OP, so that means the answer must be false.

Wow, what a rebuttal from someone who doesnt know shit

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...-early-voting-plans-undermine-minority-voting
Court: Some Florida early-voting plans undermine minority voting
But a three-judge panel stopped short of invalidating Florida’s early-voting law. A number of lawsuits across the US seek to block implementation of new voting procedures ahead of Nov. 6.

Now, whats your new bullshit rebuttal?

• Banned

You're argument along with supporting evidence is missing. I'm sure that was an oversight so please post evidence that the Republican Party today comports with President Reagan's final official remarks.

It's more difficult to cash a check at the convenience store than it is to vote.

I think it's just hype that anyone wants to suppress legal voters. There is an effort, however, to stop illegal voters.

When the Dems call something as simple as voter ID suppression, it's easy to see why this myth continues to be repeated.

Registering to vote should require some proof of ID. The law is clear that only legal citizens can vote and that means there is an obligation to ensure that no one other than citizens are able to register and vote. States have made this impossible by granting driver's licenses to those here illegally. By doing that, they invited fraud and now don't want any safeguards in place to ensure that those illegal aliens don't show up at the polls. Gee, you'd think the whole problem was created just so they could make false claims about those who try to solve it and keep our voting system honest.

I am also tired of liberals claiming that minorities can't do something as simple as obtain an ID. Just how stupid do liberals think minorities are anyway? If a person has no ID, they cannot obtain housing, a job, a checking account, a loan, a credit card, a plane ticket, welfare or purchase alcohol or cigarettes. I don't believe there are a lot of legal citizens walking around with absolutely no form of ID who have no access to the welfare system or a job. Only illegal aliens would face those obstacles and perhaps the rare individual who lives completely under the radar. Usually, people who have no identity have a reason for hiding and making sure they have no paper trail.

There is clear and convincing evidence for an honest person to conclude that the Republican Party is dishonest, undemocratic and understands their ideas benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Liberals do not even give lip service to it, but the Republicans continually uphold traditional American values, and that is dishonest, anti-democratic and benefits nobody. Gee, what a wonderful assertion. :lol:

That was a great speech by Reagan. I always love to hear how vital the pilgrims were to the founding of America and its values being directly related to John Howland one of the most famous pilgrims.

It's more difficult to cash a check at the convenience store than it is to vote.

I think it's just hype that anyone wants to suppress legal voters. There is an effort, however, to stop illegal voters.

When the Dems call something as simple as voter ID suppression, it's easy to see why this myth continues to be repeated.

Registering to vote should require some proof of ID. The law is clear that only legal citizens can vote and that means there is an obligation to ensure that no one other than citizens are able to register and vote. States have made this impossible by granting driver's licenses to those here illegally. By doing that, they invited fraud and now don't want any safeguards in place to ensure that those illegal aliens don't show up at the polls. Gee, you'd think the whole problem was created just so they could make false claims about those who try to solve it and keep our voting system honest.

I am also tired of liberals claiming that minorities can't do something as simple as obtain an ID. Just how stupid do liberals think minorities are anyway? If a person has no ID, they cannot obtain housing, a job, a checking account, a loan, a credit card, a plane ticket, welfare or purchase alcohol or cigarettes. I don't believe there are a lot of legal citizens walking around with absolutely no form of ID who have no access to the welfare system or a job. Only illegal aliens would face those obstacles and perhaps the rare individual who lives completely under the radar. Usually, people who have no identity have a reason for hiding and making sure they have no paper trail.

With all due respect, you need to watch the video and listen to President Reagan's words. Then read my post and comport his words with the Republican strategy of today. Then respond honestly, or ...

How many cases of voter fraud were reported in 2012?

So because it's not reported, it doesn't happen? Really?

So say I kill you and it's not reported have you suddenly been returned to life?

Thus, those who fear the masses, the Plutocrats, will spend enormous amounts of money to aid the Republicans in their effort to win at any cost, even when the cost will be to destroy that Shining City on the Hill President Reagan described in his final address:

Reagan's shining city on a hill in his farewell address - YouTube

It's FALSE
It is Progressives in both parties that is destroying the Shining City on the Hill
Where is the court evidence for the left wing talking points you just put up?
Spending large amounts of money on political ads does not control the voters.
Dems outspent the Repubs on trying to recall the Governor of Wisconsin, Scott Walker and it did not work.

It's FALSE
It is Progressives in both parties that is destroying the Shining City on the Hill
Where is the court evidence for the left wing talking points you just put up?
Spending large amounts of money on political ads does not control the voters.
Dems outspent the Repubs on trying to recall the Governor of Wisconsin, Scott Walker and it did not work.

With all due respect, you need to watch the video and listen to President Reagan's words. Then read my post and comport his words with the Republican strategy of today. Then respond; agree or not but post some evidence that what I proposed is not true.

Wry, how many days and hours of Early Voting do you get in California?

How many cases of voter fraud were reported in 2012?

So because it's not reported, it doesn't happen? Really?

So say I kill you and it's not reported have you suddenly been returned to life?
In your fucked up mind, a complete lack of evidence is evidence of widespread crime.

That makes sense if you don't think about it.

I don't know. Our family always goes to the polls on election day and then out to breakfast. It is our democratic tradition. I know we can vote by mail, and that does not require a picture ID, a long wait in line, or risk a hanging chad.

I haven't yet read anything which might suggest a controversy, it seems those that claim voter suppression is not a Republican strategy have no evidence to prove their case, or even raise doubt.

I don't know. Our family always goes to the polls on election day and then out to breakfast. It is our democratic tradition. I know we can vote by mail, and that does not require a picture ID, a long wait in line, or risk a hanging chad.

The answer is, you don't have any, 0, zip, nada.

But I can bet you that there were liberals from California raising hell when Florida changed it's early voting from 12 full days and 4 half days, equaling 96 hours to 8 days of up to 12 hours, equaling 96 hours.

Now why would Californian liberals attack Florida for making their early voting more flexible, depending on the county's needs instead of attacking California and a bunch of other liberal states that don't even have early voting?

Forum List

Back