Voter suppression? What else would you call this?

cnelsen

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Washington, DC
So I went to the DMV on M St SW in Washington DC. I had with me:
  1. my original birth certificate
  2. my Social Security card
  3. an unopened letter addressed to me from my bank and delivered by the US Post Office
  4. a letter from the District Court in Baltimore requesting my testimony in a felony case with my address
  5. another letter addressed to me and delivered by the US Post Office
  6. a utility bill with my address on it
I needed to replace my driver's license, which had been stolen (the incident precipitating the felony trial in Baltimore). I also needed to re-register to vote, as my name was unaccountably missing from the registration rolls.

I'm a white guy. The black woman behind the counter at the DMV asked what I was there for. I told her. She looked through my documents and said, "We can't accept this. The letter from the Maryland court needs to be accompanied by the envelope it came in and the letter from the bank has to be a statement.":

I told her I don't even get paper statements, and there was nothing that said the letter from a government agency had to be accompanied by the original envelope.

She said, "Well, we can't accept this", and she leaned back in her chair, and crossed her arms defiantly.

Later that day, I was telling a black guy about the difficulty I'd had at the DMV. He said, "No, it's easy. When I went, all I had was my birth certificate and my Social Security card and they told me I had to have something else, so I went around the corner and bought a blank lease and filled it in and took it back and they accepted it."

Vanessa+Lateisha+Hall+mug.jpg

3. an unopened letter addressed to me from my bank and delivered by the US Post Office
  4. a letter from the District Court in Baltimore requesting my testimony in a felony case with my address
I needed to replace my driver's license, which had been stolen (the incident precipitating the felony trial in Baltimore). I also needed to re-register to vote, as my name was unaccountably missing from the registration rolls.

I'm a white guy. The black woman behind the counter at the DMV asked what I was there for. I told her. She looked through my documents and said, "We can't accept this. The letter from the Maryland court needs to be accompanied by the envelope it came in and the letter from the bank has to be a statement.":

I told her I don't even get paper statements, and there was nothing that said the letter from a government agency had to be accompanied by the original envelope.

She said, "Well, we can't accept this", and she leaned back in her chair, and crossed her arms defiantly.

Later that day, I was telling a black guy about the difficulty I'd had at the DMV. He said, "No, it's easy. When I went, all I had was my birth certificate and my Social Security card and they told me I had to have something else, so I went around the corner and bought a blank lease and filled it in and took it back and they accepted it."

Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for?

I told my son, in NYC, they don't even check ID or voter registration to my knowledge. So you can be an illegal, or underage, and you can vote multiple times. At least that is the way I understood it from the interview of the NYC commissioner from the interview I was watching. I wish I had bookmarked it now. . .

SO go vote there.

Who are you voting for?

I told my son, in NYC, they don't even check ID or voter registration to my knowledge. So you can be an illegal, or underage, and you can vote multiple times. At least that is the way I understood it from the interview of the NYC commissioner from the interview I was watching. I wish I had bookmarked it now. . .

SO go vote there.
You shouldn't talk to your son when you're drunk

Who are you voting for?

SO go vote there.
oh here, I found it. . .

• Banned

Who are you voting for?

SO go vote there.
oh here, I found it. . .

I once knew a guy with the Feds who would tell me about these raids in Washington Heights (very Dominican) -- huge rooms full of rows of tables where people sat filling out phony voter registration cards. Sickening. I'll bet they don't even conduct those raids anymore.

Go to a more rural DMV...

• Banned

DC doesn't have any rural DMVs. Besides, if it is happening to me, how many other whites are being suppressed. You know the Washington Post isn't going to notice.

DC doesn't have any rural DMVs. Besides, if it is happening to me, how many other whites are being suppressed. You know the Washington Post isn't going to notice.

Sorry didn't pay attention to the d.c. part

Yep, wall-to-wall vibrant, here.

That's how I solved a similar problem here...the one DMV was down right nasty giving me a licensee plate for my used dodge ram I bought (it traded hands a few times and came out of state)

I went to another DMV and they were as nice as can be and I got my plates..

That's how I solved a similar problem here...the one DMV was down right nasty giving me a licensee plate for my used dodge ram I bought (it traded hands a few times and came out of state)

Well, if Trump loses, I'm getting out of DC. Let them stew in their own demise.

I don't know how you can afford it, you mind me asking what do you do for a living?

I don't know how you can afford it, you mind me asking what do you do for a living?

Write, web design, forensic financial analysis

Forum List

Back