WA School Mistaken: Satan Group Is A Hate Group & Can't Use Campus Therefore

The current reversal of American tradition and respect for religion is enough to make your head spin. A kid can get expelled for carrying a Bible or wearing a Crucifix in public school but satanic garb is debated and considered.
A kid might be suspended for repeated religious activity on school grounds but expulsion for having a crucifix or bible? Are you for real?

I'm sure the courts are hanging on your every word. :lmao:
I'm not going to be the lawyer for the school arguing that teaching children to hate or disdain "the religious" is not allowed on school grounds.

Of course you aren't going to be the lawyer. You have little concept of what actual laws say and mean.

I was responding to your comment that you've given something for the school district to 'play with'.

The current reversal of American tradition and respect for religion is enough to make your head spin. A kid can get expelled for carrying a Bible or wearing a Crucifix in public school but satanic garb is debated and considered.
A kid might be suspended for repeated religious activity on school grounds but expulsion for having a crucifix or bible? Are you for real?
Wearing a crucifix would make them a target for the kids attending the Satanist club which actively represents (they have publicly stated this is their root intent) they teach that other religions are "oppressive and tyrannical" (just like Hitler taught the "good white Germans" that jews were). If the Satanist group is allowed to teach hate of "the religious" on campus, those Christian kids better hide those crucifix necklaces as well as the jews learned to hide the star of David...

Where did the Satanic Temple say anything about teaching children to hate or disdain the religious?

Read the OP's quote from the Seattle Times, idiot. About halfway down. There, I made it easier for you to find.

Wearing a crucifix would make them a target for the kids attending the Satanist club which actively represents they teach that other religions are "oppressive and tyrannical" (just like Hitler taught the "good white Germans" that jews were). If the Satanist group is allowed to teach hate of "the religious" on campus, those Christian kids better hide those crucifix necklaces as well as the jews learned to hide the star of David...
What an entirely hypothetical answer to a real world question.

Wearing a crucifix would make them a target for the kids attending the Satanist club which actively represents they teach that other religions are "oppressive and tyrannical" (just like Hitler taught the "good white Germans" that jews were). If the Satanist group is allowed to teach hate of "the religious" on campus, those Christian kids better hide those crucifix necklaces as well as the jews learned to hide the star of David...

Have you spent much time with the Satanic Temple of Seattle? Have any evidence that the group teaches people to hate the religious?

^^ Christianity teaches to hate the sin (action/verb) not individual sinners (people/noun)

Have you spent much time with the Satanic Temple of Seattle? Have any evidence that the group teaches people to hate the religious?

Yes, the fact that they stated publicly that their intent is to impart to children that the religious are "tyrannical and oppressive". It's the same thing the nazi's taught German kids in school about the jews.

Where did the Satanic Temple say anything about teaching children to hate or disdain the religious?

Read the OP's quote from the Seattle Times, idiot. About halfway down. There, I made it easier for you to find.

Except that there is nothing of the sort in the quotes. Fighting against religious oppression and tyranny is not teaching hatred of the religious. If one fights against government oppression and tyranny are they teaching hatred of government?

Yes, the fact that they stated publicly that their intent is to impart to children that the religious are "tyrannical and oppressive". It's the same thing the nazi's taught German kids in school about the jews.

They did not say that. You are, as usual, lying.

What do so called Christians teach about Satanists?

Except that there is nothing of the sort in the quotes. Fighting against religious oppression and tyranny is not teaching hatred of the religious. If one fights against government oppression and tyranny are they teaching hatred of government?
They are on the right.

People can read for themselves quite plainly that the group considers the religious (generally and broadly) "oppressive and tyrannical". And this is the reason they're starting these groups at school. They're there to teach intolerance and hate.​

I'm sure the courts are hanging on your every word. :lmao:
I'm not going to be the lawyer for the school arguing that teaching children to hate or disdain "the religious" is not allowed on school grounds.

Unlike many Christians who hate and disdain Satanists.

I've no doubt that there are members of the Satanic Temple who hate and disdain Christians or the religious in general. However, it's not a part of their publicly stated teachings or mission statement. Their first fundamental tenet is 1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason. Not exactly a seething manifesto of hatred. :lol:

I've no doubt that there are members of the Satanic Temple who hate and disdain Christians or the religious in general. However, it's not a part of their publicly stated teachings or mission statement. Their first fundamental tenet is 1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason. Not exactly a seething manifesto of hatred.

Yes, in one breath they called themselves "the Satanists". In the next they declare they don't actually have anything to do with Satan. In another breath they declare "one should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all" And the next the declare and label that all religions in general are "oppressive and tyrannical".

Under a braggart-ruse, they are teaching intolerance and hate; which is unacceptable on school grounds; and legally disallowed.

It's great that this group is showing the christian exclusivity behind our so-called religious freedom in America. Everywhere they go they show that Christians only treasure their own religious freedom.

Right, except they guy admitted they are NOT a religion. They just want to give religious people shit.
Religion is not the litmus test though. They have the same right to a group as any other and that includes the christian group and the chess club.

The real test is how successful they are at bringing anyone in their group. It is not a measure of the schools or the laws that this group even exists - it is the measure of how some parents have failed in general. Let them come to my neighborhood and school - my children need someone to show them what idiots look like...
Wrong.

Again, the Temple teaches logic, self-empowerment, and reasoning, and opposes religious tyranny and oppression, none of which is ‘idiotic,’ values every child should be exposed to, including children in your school.

People can read for themselves quite plainly that the group considers the religious (generally and broadly) "oppressive and tyrannical". And this is the reason they're starting these groups at school. They're there to teach intolerance and hate.​

People can read for themselves, yes....but this is what they will read...."“We don’t worship a deity,” he said. “We only see Satan as a metaphor for fighting religious tyranny and oppression.”" Nothing there saying the religious are oppressive and tyrannical. Or are you denying that sometimes religion can be used as a tool of oppression and tyranny?

People can also, as I have, go to the website of the Satanic Temple of Seattle and look at their fundamental tenets and stated beliefs. I doubt you'll bother, since it's so much easier for you to simply decide what they believe yourself without actually seeing what they say for themselves. :p

But here's a link : The Satanic Temple Seattle

I've no doubt that there are members of the Satanic Temple who hate and disdain Christians or the religious in general. However, it's not a part of their publicly stated teachings or mission statement. Their first fundamental tenet is 1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason. Not exactly a seething manifesto of hatred.

Yes, in one breath they called themselves "the Satanists". In the next they declare they don't actually have anything to do with Satan. In another breath they declare "one should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all" And the next the declare and label that all religions in general are "oppressive and tyrannical".

Under a braggart-ruse, they are teaching intolerance and hate; which is unacceptable on school grounds; and legally disallowed.

You've yet to show them calling all religions oppressive and tyrannical. Remember, saying that one fights against religious oppression and tyranny is not saying all religion or religious people are oppressive and tyrannical.

As the spokesperson said in your OP, they consider Satan a metaphor.

Forum List

Back