Wagner group preparing for another march on Moscow

The Wagner group wants to take over Ukraine. You are pro Ukraine, so why root for the Wagner group even if they are allegedly against Putin? Would it make more sense to just root for Ukraine?
Where did you read that I was "rooting for the Wagner group?"

They are a brutal, barbaric, mercenary band of thugs. But they appear to have a common enemy, in Poootin.

You,on the other hand, seem to have an affection for the war criminal.

“Wagner group preparing for another march on Moscow”​

They can “prepare” forever, but without their leaders they will probably go nowhere. JimH52 loves to post gossip, just as he loves to tell us that his favorite FOX “talking-head expert” — retired Col. Douglas MacGregor — is an accurate judge of events.

Well, MacGregor has said the Russians will break through and “win” in a few days or weeks or months for the last year and a half. He pretends to be a deep thinker and political “realist” like John Mearsheimer. He says the Ukrainian nationalists have no chance to drive Putin’s army further out of Ukraine (certainly true if Trump is re-elected!). But MacGregor is just looking for a job. Meanwhile, JimH52 here spreads rumors of another Wagner march on Moscow and possible civil war in Russia — which would not exactly help the morale of Russian troops in Ukraine!

Actually, though anything is possible and nobody knows for sure, Putin right now seems to have come out in a much stronger position after eliminating Prigozhin and Wagner’s top leadership.

I’m tired of reading the opinions of immature idiots pontificating on such matters. They speak & read & understand neither Russian nor Ukrainian. Neither do I. But they love to draw attention to themselves and their often crackpot ideas. Of course even idiots who repeat nonsense for 18 months may one day get something right. JimH52 — though not a lowlife “grifter” like MacGregor — has regrettably shown himself to be unserious, and a poseur. I had a higher opinion of him in the past. Call me disappointed.

Last edited:

They can “prepare” forever, but without their leaders they will probably go nowhere. JimH52 loves to post gossip, just as he loves to tell us that his favorite FOX talking head “expert, — retired Col. Douglas MacGregor — is an accurate judge of events.

Well, McGreggor has said the Russians will break through and “win” in a few days or weeks or months for the last year and a half. He says the Ukrainian nationalists have no chance to drive Putin’s army further out of Ukraine (certainly true if Trump is ever re-elected) … even while he here spreads rumors of another march on Moscow and possible civil war in Russia.

Actually, though anything is possible and nobody knows for sure, Putin right now seems to have come out in a much stronger position after eliminating Prigozhin and Wagner’s top leadership.

I’m tired of reading the opinions of immature idiots pontificating on such matters. They speak neither a Russian nor Ukrainian (neither do I) and just like to draw attention to themselves and their often crackpot ideas. Of course even idiots who repeat nonsense for 18 months may one day get something right. But JimH52, though not a lowlife “grifter” like MacGregor, has shown himself to be unserious, and a poseur.
Blah Blah Blah

Was Putin part and parcel of Prigozhin’s death?

Do bears shit in the woods.

Is the pope Catholic?

Prigozhin’s biggest mistake was not executing Putin.

They can “prepare” forever, but without their leaders they will probably go nowhere. JimH52 loves to post gossip, just as he loves to tell us that his favorite FOX “talking-head expert” — retired Col. Douglas MacGregor — is an accurate judge of events.

Well, MacGregor has said the Russians will break through and “win” in a few days or weeks or months for the last year and a half. He pretends to be a deep thinker and political “realist” like John Mearsheimer. He says the Ukrainian nationalists have no chance to drive Putin’s army further out of Ukraine (certainly true if Trump is re-elected!). But MacGregor is just looking for a job. Meanwhile, JimH52 here spreads rumors of another Wagner march on Moscow and possible civil war in Russia — which would not exactly help the morale of Russian troops in Ukraine!

I’m tired of reading the opinions of immature idiots pontificating on such matters. They speak & read & understand neither Russian nor Ukrainian. Neither do I. But they love to draw attention to themselves and their often crackpot ideas. Of course even idiots who repeat nonsense for 18 months may one day get something right. JimH52 — though not a lowlife “grifter” like MacGregor — has regrettably shown himself to be unserious, and a poseur. I had a higher opinion of him in the past. Call me disappointed.

There's no doubt that what's left of Wagner PMC is mad as hell over the murder of their leader. They felt betrayed by Putin and the Russian military already.

Whether they organize and take action or just fade away is the first question.

The second question is what action they take if they do organize.

They must certainly know that trying to attack Moscow and dispose of Putin would be suicide.

Since they now consider Putin and Russia to be their enemy, my bet is that they join with Anti-Lukashenko forces and take over Belarus - since that's 'doable'.

Once they've taken over Belarus, they'll ally with Ukraine and NATO.

Ah, good, a gang war in a crime ridden shithole country. That will keep them in their own borders for a little while, anyway. We need to deport a few thousand of the vermin out of our country while they're busy assassinating each other over there.

There's no doubt that what's left of Wagner PMC is mad as hell over the murder of their leader. They felt betrayed by Putin and the Russian military already.

Whether they organize and take action or just fade away is the first question.

The second question is what action they take if they do organize.

They must certainly know that trying to attack Moscow and dispose of Putin would be suicide.

Since they now consider Putin and Russia to be their enemy, my bet is that they join with Anti-Lukashenko forces and take over Belarus - since that's 'doable'.

Once they've taken over Belarus, they'll ally with Ukraine and NATO.

I really don’t know how organized they still are, since some supposedly already chose to join the regular Russian military and others are scattered all over the region and the world. How many are in Belarus? Who are their leaders? Would they fight for or against Lukashenko? Why? What is their present source of income?

I think you are right that, being mercenaries, most will go with whoever offers them a steady paycheck. Could their group based in Belarus fight Lukashenko and then fight for Ukraine? That sounds very unlikely to me. They may dislike Putin, but they are still supposedly “patriotic” Russians and they probably have a lot of hatred toward the Ukrainians they fought against, though there may be small units that “defect.”

My guess is that they are finished as an independent army with an independent leadership. I agree with you they now likely would be committing suicide if they marched on Moscow. I expect that Putin is more threatened by assassins than he is by any Wagner army threatening to march on the Kremlin.

Last edited:

They are a brutal, barbaric, mercenary band of thugs. But they appear to have a common enemy, in Poootin.

Thanks for answering the question.

You love Putin just like your daddy Obammy did jimboliar.

I really don’t know how organized they still are, since some supposedly already chose to join the regular Russian military and others are scattered all over the region and the world. How many are in Belarus? Who are their leaders? Would they fight for or against Lukashenko? Why? What is their present source of income?

I think you are right that, being mercenaries, most will go with whoever offers them a steady paycheck. Could their group based in Belarus fight Lukashenko and then fight for Ukraine? That sounds very unlikely to me. They may dislike Putin, but they are still supposedly “patriotic” Russians and they probably have a lot of hatred toward the Ukrainians they fought against, though there may be small units that “defect.”

My guess is that they are finished as an independent army with an independent leadership. I agree with you they now likely would be committing suicide if they marched on Moscow. I expect that Putin is more threatened by assassins than he is by any Wagner army threatening to march on the Kremlin.

I see mercenaries as being in a very precarious position. They know that the only people they can trust and depend on is each other. They, as a group, are also dependent on their African operations for an income. I'd have to wonder if they're really going to turn that over to the Russian government without a fight.

It all depends if there emerges a strong leader among them.

Bad idea. A civil war in a country with that many nukes is bad.

It's doubtful that any group would decide to use nukes in a Civil war. More likely it would force a withdrawal from Ukraine, end up with Putin being arrested or assassinated, and a negotiated peace between the warring factions.

They could end up with a functioning Democracy - truly a first for Russia.

It's doubtful that any group would decide to use nukes in a Civil war. More likely it would force a withdrawal from Ukraine, end up with Putin being arrested or assassinated, and a negotiated peace between the warring factions.

They could end up with a functioning Democracy - truly a first for Russia.

it isn't about using nukes, it's about losing them in the chaos to someone who would sell them to someone who would use them.

I'm not afraid of the country with 5000 big nukes, I'm afraid of the terrorist group with 10 small ones.

Forum List

Back