Wait....when it is too hot, solar panels do not work efficiently? But...isn't being in the sun their selling point? The left..get it wrong again....

Who's getting free solar panels? ... citation please ...

I don't have solar ... it rains every day all day long in Western Oregon ... where whities are really white ... sunshine is scary to us here ... skies are grey, period ... that blue is pollution ... ha ha ...

Bonneville, The Dallas, John Day, Priest Rapids ... do these names mean anything to you? ... why we smelt aluminum in the Pacific Northwest, "look at all the B-17s" ...
Woops, does that mean anything to you

Look into yourself, it is widely known that the government subsidies is the only reason there is a Solar Panel Market. That and the courts ignoring laws that kept electric rates low by not forcing us to buy solar power. As well as courts forcing utilities to buy solar power above the market rates.

So ... no citations ...

Liar. I said auto manufacturers chose to go full electric long before any government action was ever taken and that is a fact.

Legislative bans are looming is an opinion. No such federal bans exist though seven states are planning such bans. California is the only state that has actually enacted such legislature which won't even begin till model year 2026 and calling it "a ban" is a stretch.

Formally known as the Advanced Clean Car II Regulations, the state's proposed mandate takes effect in stages, requiring 35% of new-car sales to be zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) in 2026 and 68% in 2030 before reaching 100% five years later. California's plan includes state support for the shift to ZEVs with $2.4 billion for vehicle purchase incentives, charging infrastructure, and public outreach.
Critically, the Golden State's EV mandate will neither ban used ICE vehicle sales nor ownership. So residents can keep driving their gas-burning models, including classic cars.
Under the proposed ZEV mandate, battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) must offer at least 150 miles of range on a charge. Of the 32 BEV new models on sale in the U.S. in September 2022, BMW's Mini Cooper SE and Mazda's MX-30, with respective 114-mile and 100-mile ranges, fall short of that requirement. All the other models achieve between 215 and 520 miles of range, and this metric continues to trend upward.
To give consumers more vehicle choices, California's ZEV mandate will allow plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) to account for up to 20% of the sales mix. California's new rules specify at least 50 miles of battery-only range for these vehicles. Four of the 34 PHEVs available in September 2022 had a battery range of 40 miles or higher, but automakers have time to improve on this.

California's legislation will not prevent a resident from buying a car in another state and driving it home for normal use.
There is a lot of infrastructure that needs to be replaced. Here is just one. From Yachts and Cars publication....EV's are to heavy for a huge number of multi-story parking garages. Older ones especially. Total renovations or teardown will be needed. Wear and tear and potential collapse is possible. And not just on garages.

There is a lot of infrastructure that needs to be replaced. Here is just one. From Yachts and Cars publication....EV's are to heavy for a huge number of multi-story parking garages. Older ones especially. Total renovations or teardown will be needed. Wear and tear and potential collapse is possible. And not just on garages.
Till then, put up signs giving the maximum weight allowed.

Our stoves, our lights, used to use one source of power, the local Utility company provided, now you want us to power our stoves and lights with millions of solar panels and millions of wind turbines?

Why as we progress, our electricity source must digress, get bigger, less efficient, and destroy more of the earth, all well giving us a very tiny amount of power?

And yes, once a wind turbine is built it consumes fossil fuels, it's computers and radio, it's motors, all require constant electricity from the grid.

And yes, every single wind turbine requires hundreds of gallons of Oil for lubrication every year.
I'm certain the power for instrumentation is far less than the power generated. You're welcome to prove me wrong.
and
If you think the oil lubricating turbines is petroleum you are ill informed.

I'm certain the power for instrumentation is far less than the power generated. You're welcome to prove me wrong.
and
If you think the oil lubricating turbines is petroleum you are ill informed.
If you think that petroleum, or fossil fuels is not used for lubricating, you are the one that is ill informed.

And you asked, so I told you, because you apparently did not know, that wind turbines consume power off the gird 24 hours a day. I wonder if they have backup power? Another good question.

But I would love for you to somehow show where you get the idea that fossil fuels, petroleum in not used for lubrications.

Till then, put up signs giving the maximum weight allowed.
According to when Joe started running this new electric green energy panacea is supposed to e for all buildings also. Only most will have to be torn down and reconfigured for maximum efficiency. I remember him saying that softly before the election. This is insane.

If you think that petroleum, or fossil fuels is not used for lubricating, you are the one that is ill informed.

And you asked, so I told you, because you apparently did not know, that wind turbines consume power off the gird 24 hours a day. I wonder if they have backup power? Another good question.

But I would love for you to somehow show where you get the idea that fossil fuels, petroleum in not used for lubrications.

come on, at least make this hard for me, from your link;

The synthetic lubricants, which are typically polyalphaolefin-based, that are used for wind turbine maintenance can be further subdivided into hydraulic fluid, grease and gear oil, which is considered to be the most important synthetic lubricant for wind turbines.
olefin, that right there says, synthetic lubricants come from petroleum. We make synthetic lubricants from oil.

sorry, but you just proved that it is you that is ill-informed. You have also showed us that you really dont have any knowledge and when asked you go to google for an answer, using your opinion as the search criteria.

Then of course, we can also see that you did not read your article, had you, you would of seen olefin and understood that olefin comes from fossil fuels. You did not read your article and if you did you made assumptions based on your opinion not bothering to look up the meaning of the words you do not understand.

Yes, you are ill-informed and base your support of renewables on trust and faith, not science and knowledge.

come on, at least make this hard for me, from your link;

olefin, that right there says, synthetic lubricants come from petroleum. We make synthetic lubricants from oil.

sorry, but you just proved that it is you that is ill-informed. You have also showed us that you really dont have any knowledge and when asked you go to google for an answer, using your opinion as the search criteria.

Then of course, we can also see that you did not read your article, had you, you would of seen olefin and understood that olefin comes from fossil fuels. You did not read your article and if you did you made assumptions based on your opinion not bothering to look up the meaning of the words you do not understand.

Yes, you are ill-informed and base your support of renewables on trust and faith, not science and knowledge.

SYNTHETIC

SYNTHETIC
yes, synthetic oil is made with oil.
polyalphaolefin
A hydrocarbon derived from ethylene, ethylene comes from crude oil or natural gas

alpha olefin, or normal alpha olefin, NAO

synthetic oil does not mean it is not oil, hence the name oil is in it's name.

Process.png

yes, synthetic oil is made with oil.

A hydrocarbon derived from ethylene, ethylene comes from crude oil or natural gas

alpha olefin, or normal alpha olefin, NAO

synthetic oil does not mean it is not oil, hence the name oil is in it's name.

View attachment 796807
Oil is in the name of whale oil, mink oil, corn oil, vegetable oil, olive oil and canola oil. So, you're saying those all come from petroleum?

Oil is in the name of whale oil, mink oil, corn oil, vegetable oil, olive oil and canola oil. So, you're saying those all come from petroleum?
read my comment, it is plain what I stated.

Crick wants to use whale oil to lubricate Wind Turbines, you really have sunk as low as anybody could go.

Crick thinks natural oils are synthetic, remember that while reading all of Crick's posts, a person who thinks whale or corn oil is synthetic dont know his ass from a hole in the ground.

sorry to be so blunt, but nothing is believable coming from you, and this is further proof. Crick thinks he can lubricate a 200 ton machine with olive oil, because Crick thinks olive oil is synthetic.

stupidity at it's highest level

and there we have it, crick disappeared, from this thread, crick did respond to me one minute ago in another thread, but this one, all I have heard is crickets for the last 45 minutes, since cricks comment.

lubricating wind turbines with olive oil, as if all oil has the same properties

read my comment, it is plain what I stated.
I have never contended that synthetic motor oil did not originate from petroleum. The word "synthetic" simply means "man-made". After having explained how it is derived from petroleum, YOU stated "synthetic oil does not mean it is not oil, hence the name oil is in it's name". I was only pointing out that having the word "oil" in its name had no significance in that regard; that it is a term applied to any of several "numerous unctuous combustible substances that are liquid or can be liquefied easily on warming, are soluble in ether but not in water, and leave a greasy stain on paper or cloth" [Merriam-Webster]. I did that in my continuing attempt to benefit humankind by taking you down a notch or two from the intellectual altitude you continually attempt to claim for yourself.

Crick wants to use whale oil to lubricate Wind Turbines, you really have sunk as low as anybody could go.
That is quite simply a lie
Crick thinks natural oils are synthetic
That is also quite simply a lie.
remember that while reading all of Crick's posts, a person who thinks whale or corn oil is synthetic dont know his ass from a hole in the ground.
And another easily checked lie. Remember when reading Elektra's posts that he is ignorant and has no problems whatsoever lying to you.
sorry to be so blunt, but nothing is believable coming from you, and this is further proof. Crick thinks he can lubricate a 200 ton machine with olive oil, because Crick thinks olive oil is synthetic.
Again, an easily demonstrable lie.
stupidity at it's highest level
That you choose to lie repeatedly in order to respond to my post does not make you look particularly intelligent. I think almost every reader will be familiar with the items I mentioned, will realize that they are not sourced from petroleum and will thus know that you were incorrect to attach any significance to the term's use in the label "synthetic oil". "Synthetic oil", as I noted above, actually indicates "a man-made unctuous, combustible substance soluble in ether but not in water". It is a casual term most commonly used for marketing.

I have never contended that synthetic motor oil did not originate from petroleum. The word "synthetic" simply means "man-made". After having explained how it is derived from petroleum, YOU stated "synthetic oil does not mean it is not oil, hence the name oil is in it's name". I was only pointing out that having the word "oil" in its name had no significance in that regard; that it is a term applied to any of several "numerous unctuous combustible substances that are liquid or can be liquefied easily on warming, are soluble in ether but not in water, and leave a greasy stain on paper or cloth" [Merriam-Webster]. I did that in my continuing attempt to benefit humankind by taking you down a notch or two from the intellectual altitude you continually attempt to claim for yourself.

That is quite simply a lie

That is also quite simply a lie.

And another easily checked lie. Remember when reading Elektra's posts that he is ignorant and has no problems whatsoever lying to you.

Again, an easily demonstrable lie.

That you choose to lie repeatedly in order to respond to my post does not make you look particularly intelligent. I think almost every reader will be familiar with the items I mentioned, will realize that they are not sourced from petroleum and will thus know that you were incorrect to attach any significance to the term's use in the label "synthetic oil". "Synthetic oil", as I noted above, actually indicates "a man-made unctuous, combustible substance soluble in ether but not in water". It is a casual term most commonly used for marketing.
hahahahaha, I said you cant run a wind turbine without fossil fuels, you said we could you synthetic oil. You had no idea that synthetic oil comes from oil or natural gas. Then you gave examples of plant oils?

Ignorant?

Crick, you just stated the wrong person invented the lithium Ion battery, by looking up who invented the lithium battery. They are two different batteries! Now that is ignorance!

a 48V solar panel is nothing but 72 diodes (can be connected in series) that generate current when hit by sunlight. A diode voltage is typically 0.7V for a PN junction, 72x0.7V ~= 48V. The Wattage would indicate the current developed. A panel generating 480W, 480W/48V = 10A for example. These panels also use EXT diodes to ensure the current developed only flows one way, the desired path of course. You would not want the 72 cells fighting each other. They can be and often are connected in parallel to up the current.

Last edited:
hahahahaha, I said you cant run a wind turbine without fossil fuels, you said we could you synthetic oil. You had no idea that synthetic oil comes from oil or natural gas. Then you gave examples of plant oils?

Ignorant?
Neither synthetic oil nor petroleum-based lubricants are fossil FUELS, whizzo. Lubricants are a tiny proportion of petroleum consumed and do not produce greenhouse gases. I don't care what you lubricate wind turbines with. And do not attempt to deny that the central point of your claim is and has been that enormous amounts of fossil fuels are consumed by the production of wind turbines, which, of course, is claptrap.
Crick, you just stated the wrong person invented the lithium Ion battery, by looking up who invented the lithium battery. They are two different batteries! Now that is ignorance!
What is pathetic is how you will use this over and over again in an attempt to dig yourself out of the hole in which your anti-science positions have placed you. And you ignore the fact that neither scientist was working for the government when they made their discoveries, which was the point I was addressing in response to your claim that the demand for lithium had been artificially created by the government to make the "elites" rich.

Forum List

Back