Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

You really shouldn't assume anything but that I really have no interest in discussing anything of import with you.... regardless of your attention-seeking behaviors.

I know. You call me anti semite and pedophile enabler and then run away.

I didn't realize I was spinning anything. I've no idea if the guy did this intentionally or not. It isn't possible to know from any of the articles. He sounds like an idiot.

i inferred from this post that you were saying the cop was lying about people being scared....

personally, if i was at a jewish wedding and the saound of an angry mob speaking arabic started blaring out of the loudspeakers, i'd be ascared.

of course, i'm a wuss.

if i misinterpreted what you meant, i apologize. i think he absolutely did it on purpose, FWIW, and he should be punished.

i inferred from this post that you were saying the cop was lying aout people being scared....

personally, if i was at a jewish wedding and the saound of an angry mob speaking arabic started blaring out of the loudspeakers, i'd be ascared.

of course, i'm a wuss.

if i misinterpreted what you meant, i apologize.
I didn't mean the cop lied, particularly. But if the wedding couple wasn't afraid it seems kind of odd that anyone else was.

did they never see the videos of people at Jewish wedding ceremonies being blown apart by Muslim extremists/terrorists?

In the states?

Whatever anyone says about whether panic was a logical reaction or not, none of us was there and none of us, as far as I know, have ever actually been in that situation.

Myself, I think I wouldn't have panicked, but that's just me. I'm a fairly calm person.

I didn't realize I was spinning anything. I've no idea if the guy did this intentionally or not. It isn't possible to know from any of the articles. He sounds like an idiot.

The clue is Ravi, he was a waiter, which means he had to go out of his way to plug into the loudspeaker system and play the chant. It didn't happen accidentally.

Last edited:
I didn't mean the cop lied, particularly. But if the wedding couple wasn't afraid it seems kind of odd that anyone else was.

they are younger Jews. they aren't easily scared. what about the others?

get a grip. even if two people say there weren't alarmed to construe that nobody was is fukin' speck-u-lative in the extreme

most weddings i've attended, including my own, the wedding couple has been pretty oblivious to outside stimuli. also, it sounds from the context like they asked the groom after it was all settled down. while it was happening may have been a different story.

i have no difficulty believing that, at the time it happened, there were some frightened people in that hall.

The clue is Ravi, he was a waiter, which means he had to go out of his way to plug into the loudspeaker system and play the chant. It didn't happen accidentally.

handing out clues to the clueless is like...well...you know...:eusa_whistle:

sorry, speck...you are clueless on this one,.

"Make a mani sandwich"??????

I'm not one to ever support Jillian when I can avoid it, but her refusal to write out God's name has nothing to do with bigotry, that's a big and ridiculous leap to make. It's simply the tradition and religion of hers that she not do it. How that can be viewed as bigotry I'm sure I don't know. She can honor whom she pleases...

The whole concept that she's being "bigoted" (against whom? other gods? Are you serious?) because she only uses code for her own God's name is ludicrous. We all have the right to express ourselves and participate in religion as we see fit. THat's what freedom is about. YOu don't say "You have the right to believe as you please...but you must at the same time act as though you honor every religion equally" . That's idiotic.
Figures you would stand up in support of bigotry.
Mani sandwiches are the chef's special today.

handing out clues to the clueless is like...well...you know...:eusa_whistle:

sorry, speck...you are clueless on this one,.

if you mean I'm speck forgetabout it. it takes some doing to tap into a loudspeaker system.

He wouldn't have had to plug in anything. If the DJ was using a wireless mic system it is perfectly possible that the guy's phone was the same frequency as the microphones and his recording could have been picked up and broadcast over the sound system.

Of course the conclusion to jump to is that he did it maliciously, but he could just be an idiot.

we can assume from a more comprehensive reading of the facts. it is most likely from all the added crap I've read that the kid is apologizing because he got caught...trying to terrorize people at a Jewish Wedding Ceremony? Isn't that a sacred event?

we are a nation of laws, not mommy feelings
§ 240.31 Aggravated harassment in the first degree.

A person is guilty of aggravated harassment in the first degree when
with intent to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, because
of a belief or perception regarding such person's race, color, national
origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability
or sexual orientation, regardless of whether the belief or perception is
correct, he or she:

1. Damages premises primarily used for religious purposes, or acquired
pursuant to section six of the religious corporation law and maintained
for purposes of religious instruction, and the damage to the premises
exceeds fifty dollars; or

2. Commits the crime of aggravated harassment in the second degree in
the manner proscribed by the provisions of subdivision three of section
240.30 of this article and has been previously convicted of the crime of
aggravated harassment in the second degree for the commission of conduct
proscribed by the provisions of subdivision three of section 240.30 or
he has been previously convicted of the crime of aggravated harassment
in the first degree within the preceding ten years.

Aggravated harassment in the first degree is a class E felon

He wouldn't have had to plug in anything. If the DJ was using a wireless mic system it is perfectly possible that the guy's phone was the same frequency as the microphones and his recording could have been picked up and broadcast over the sound system.

Of course the conclusion to jump to is that he did it maliciously, but he could just be an idiot.

malicious or not, i think we can all agree he's an idiot.

Ravi earlier raised a good point that if the loudspeaker system was a wireless one, his cell phone could have accidentally interfered. I think the facts will come out as the investigation continues.

Jesus is Jewish? So why did they give him a Mexican name?

My point is that the law must refer to Hebrew, not English or Arabic.

the law refers to jews and their god regardless of language.
if jillian was french, she wouldn't write god in french.
this is an extremely simple concept, why are you trying to make it more complicated than it is?

Forum List

Back