Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

the law refers to jews and their god regardless of language.
if jillian was french, she wouldn't write god in french.
this is an extremely simple concept, why are you trying to make it more complicated than it is?

So it's based on your native tongue? Not on Hebrew? I had read somewhere it had to do with Hebrew words but I suppose people interpret the rules differently.

Sounds like an explanation that makes some sense.

I wonder if Arab Jews write All-h?

Well, I know you like cats so there is hope for you yet. :razz:

And poetry. There's hope for you, yet, Dis.

Unless you want to take a few spirited disagreements and turn them into a permanent grudge. I'd rather not, myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's based on your native tongue? Not on Hebrew? I had read somewhere it had to do with Hebrew words but I suppose people interpret the rules differently.

Sounds like an explanation that makes some sense.

I wonder if Arab Jews write All-h?

i guess they would, unless there is a different word to connote the jewish concept of god in arabic.

i guess they would, unless there is a different word to connote the jewish concept of god in arabic.
I don't think there is. Sunni just explained there isn't in a post above and I've heard the same from other Mulsims so I think he is right about that.

I don't think there is. Sunni just explained there isn't in a post above and I've heard the same from other Mulsims so I think he is right about that.

we unitarians refer to god as "billy"

i have no idea why

Ravi earlier raised a good point that if the loudspeaker system was a wireless one, his cell phone could have accidentally interfered. I think the facts will come out as the investigation continues.

really? then ravi is a moron. the guy has worked there before. he had to use his cell phone before.

the fastest horse. he's a protester. he was angry at Israel. he brought a tape from an anti-Jew rally that posed as an anti-Israel rally.

the kid is a fool, but he broke the law.

sentencing should be light as far as I am concerned, but an examp[le needs to be set,. if only for the sake of civility at fukin' wedding ceremonies. what's next...those kinds of tapes at Jewish day schools?/

§ 240.31 Aggravated harassment in the first degree.

A person is guilty of aggravated harassment in the first degree when
with intent to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, because
of a belief or perception regarding such person's race, color, national
origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability
or sexual orientation, regardless of whether the belief or perception is
correct, he or she:

1. Damages premises primarily used for religious purposes, or acquired
pursuant to section six of the religious corporation law and maintained
for purposes of religious instruction, and the damage to the premises
exceeds fifty dollars; or

2. Commits the crime of aggravated harassment in the second degree in
the manner proscribed by the provisions of subdivision three of section
240.30 of this article and has been previously convicted of the crime of
aggravated harassment in the second degree for the commission of conduct
proscribed by the provisions of subdivision three of section 240.30 or
he has been previously convicted of the crime of aggravated harassment
in the first degree within the preceding ten years.

Aggravated harassment in the first degree is a class E felon

Last edited:
??? He said just the opposite:

Jews believe that Allah is Not the same God as the one they worship.

Muslims believe that the God of the Jews and Allah are the same.

lol, the assumptions on this thread are pretty funny to read.

lol, the assumptions on this thread are pretty funny to read.

I said the same before I read more than the first link provided. One must assume things...even a jury has to assume. get a grip. the kid was fukin' around.

he thought he was being funny. so do kids who write Swatstikas on synagogues.

Do you ravi give the same benefit of innocence to people who admit to painting Swatstikas on Synagogues?

I try to wait for the trial and the evidence before making my final pronouncement.

What ever happened to that silly MIT student with the sparkly shirt, btw?

??? He said just the opposite:
Jews believe that Allah is Not the same God as the one they worship.

Muslims believe that the God of the Jews and Allah are the same.
????? Either you misread my post or I worded it badly.

Yes, Muslims believe their god, Allah, is the same god as that of the Jews and Christians. That's what I said because that's what they've told me.

????? Either you misread my post or I worded it badly.

Yes, Muslims believe their god, Allah, is the same god as that of the Jews and Christians. That's what I said because that's what they've told me.
Ah, but you were talking about arabic not Muslim so I'm not really sure what you meant.

Ah, but you were talking about arabic not Muslim so I'm not really sure what you meant.
I think I see the confusion. Arabic is the official language of Islam so Allah means the entire Judeo Christian concept of god.

Forum List

Back