Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

Felony harsh no doubt! But come on Sunni, what if it was an arabic wedding and a Jewish waiter put on cantor music? The waiter would not be charged with crime, since he would have been killed.
Some Arabs are Jews. Why wouldn't they have a cantor at their wedding?

I think you intended to slur Muslims not Arabs. Try to keep your prejudices straight.

Some Arabs are Jews. Why wouldn't they have a cantor at their wedding?

I think you intended to slur Muslims not Arabs. Try to keep your prejudices straight.

Right. Let's get those biases straight. The 'hook' intended an anti-semitic slur.

Thanks for the link but this still leaves me perplexed.
"observant Jews avoid writing any Name of God casually because of the risk that the written Name might later be defaced, ..."

Wouldn't that mean Allah should be written All-h?

No. It wouldn't. That would be up to Muslims to make such a distinction in their faith.

No one leaves the ood out of Buddha either.

Far as I know murder is illegal in all 50 states.

No matter who plays what kind of muslc at any wedding

A wedding is a cherish event whether the bride is Arab, Muslim, Jewish, White, Black, Christian, Pagan, Satanist etc. So when some tries to put a damper on it, its seen as harsher than a normal disturbing of the peace. I went to an Muslim wedding (very interesting), if some Jews came in spouting of torah, then I would hope they would be arrested and charged.

But I have to agree with you that a felony is ultra-harsh. A misdemenor disturbing the peace at most and a fine would suffice.

No. It wouldn't. That would be up to Muslims to make such a distinction in their faith.

No one leaves the ood out of Buddha either.
I'm not talking about Muslims, I'm talking about Jews who observe that rule but write "Allah".

I'm not conflicted at all.

I dislike how Fox News reports stories like these. The hairs always rise on the back of my neck when they're 'on the story'.

Explain how they sensationalized it, and please reference past stories they've "sensationalized".

I'm not talking about Muslims, I'm talking about Jews who observe that rule but write "Allah".

Are you trying to say that Jews are disrespecting Muslims by not taking the 'a' out of Allah? Kind of a goofy argument.

You're proving me right, even though I didn't say that.

Del did a better job explaining, methinks.
Did you read Echo's link? It makes me doubtful again about jillian's intentions. And since she refused to explain it to me and continues to be nasty to me, it kind of confirms my suspicions that she hates Muslims.

It isn't bigoted to leave the A in Allah.

This convo just gets more and more ridiculous.

Muslims don't traditionally ask that believers not spell out the name of Allah. Which is neither here nor there, since JILLIAN ISN'T A MUSLIM.

Good grief Anguille, you're so incredibly dense. Essentially you're saying that Jill is a bigot unless she treats all gods as though they are HER god. That's like telling Christians they must pretend that Christ isn't the Savior in order to not be bigoted towards Jews, or telling Muslims they can't pray to Allah 5 times a day unless they also pray to Buddha.

Forum List

Back