Wal-Mart introduces new dress code, employees must buy own clothes

My Aunt and Uncle live in Hemet close to Hemet H.S.. It used to be a White retirement place but my Cousin says going downhill because it's a drop off point for Ex-Cons. My Cousin also said that Hemet has one of the largest Teen Pregnancy rates in the nation too.

Is Inglewood still a Black neighborhood or has it gone completely Illegal Alien?

Are there teens living in Hemet! I had a friend that lived in San Jacinto. We went to the Hemet Walmart all the time. It was a nice clean well kept store. Hemet and Bellflower are the most popular parolee cities. They dropped off so many ex cons in Hemet that it became the headquarters of the motorcycle gang, Vagos!

Inglewood is still black. Compton is now all illegal alien. After this illegal alien surge, I expect that the Hispanic gangs will force blacks out of Inglewood, they way they were forced out of Compton.

Dress codes for businesses are nothing new. The only time a company is required to pay for the employee's uniform is when it is something they would not normally wear. Khaki pants and a white button-up shirt is hardly that. If they have to have specialized clothing or protective gear, the company will buy it.

When I worked for a regional airline they provided us shirts with the Airline logo but we had to buy our own khaki pants and shoes or boots. Protective gear was also provided.

Why is it that liberals feel compelled to shop only at Walmart? Obviously they do - else none of this would mean much to them. Was there a directive from Pelosi that didn't get widely published?

What the hell is the issue here??? Every job I've ever had after high school was at least business casual from my college intern days to today. No one ever bought my clothes for me.

Issue is it's just another "Fuck you you dirty Proles" to workers already unable to unionize (Bible's pro-union by the by) paid so little Management produced their own "How to get on welfare" videos, get no benefits, no paid vacation, etc etc.

Fair pay should be a national security priority. Nothing more threatening to national security than millions of pissed off workers.

You're arguing something completely different. There's no "fuck you" in asking your employees to dress appropriately. What's next? Walmart will ask the employees to say "Yes Sir" to customers and the employees will cry it's another "fuck you"?

If you want to argue fair pay and vacation, then I get it but start another thread. This thread is about dressing appropriately for the job.

Of course before this employees were not required to buy any clothes at all. Those they work previous to the rule were handed for free? Oh, they were allowed to work naked?

Last edited:
There is no issue here. Just more of your typical leftist dimwitted , pussified whining over a triviality.

Maggots embracing their invented injustices of it all.

I got a bunch of company shirts (safety yellow with company name) the last few years but otherwise buy my own...and this is the first job I got even that. (When I wrenched, Cintas washed our jumpsuits, but they were still BOUGHT by me.) I buy work pants, I buy the shorts I wear in the summer, I buy winter clothes and gloves...other than a yearly allowance for boots (which covers less than half of the cost), it's all me. Stupid thread started by a stupid person!

Will it never stop with these guys?

Employees at Walmart are about to be forced to dress a little nicer at their own expense.

The world's largest retailer has unveiled a new dress code for its massive workforce, Business Insider reports. Starting Sept. 29, associates must wear navy blue or white collared shirts paired with khaki or black pants, capris or skirts.

Employees will also be required to wear a Walmart-branded vest, which the company will provide. However, Walmart says its employees will have to purchase the rest of their work uniform at their own expense. The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

Well, isn't that nice?

http://abc13.com/careers/walmarts-new-dress-code-criticized-by-employees/295823/

You should tell your trust fund adviser to sell all your Walmart stock. Also, you should not shop there. That'll show Walmart what you think.

Will it never stop with these guys?

Employees at Walmart are about to be forced to dress a little nicer at their own expense.

The world's largest retailer has unveiled a new dress code for its massive workforce, Business Insider reports. Starting Sept. 29, associates must wear navy blue or white collared shirts paired with khaki or black pants, capris or skirts.

Employees will also be required to wear a Walmart-branded vest, which the company will provide. However, Walmart says its employees will have to purchase the rest of their work uniform at their own expense. The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

Well, isn't that nice?

http://abc13.com/careers/walmarts-new-dress-code-criticized-by-employees/295823/

Wow! Imagine that will ya!

People having to buy their own clothes!

What HAS this country come to?

What the hell is the issue here??? Every job I've ever had after high school was at least business casual from my college intern days to today. No one ever bought my clothes for me.

Issue is it's just another "Fuck you you dirty Proles" to workers already unable to unionize (Bible's pro-union by the by) paid so little Management produced their own "How to get on welfare" videos, get no benefits, no paid vacation, etc etc.

Fair pay should be a national security priority. Nothing more threatening to national security than millions of pissed off workers.

So, giving them free health insurance isn't good enough, now they need free clothing.

You people crack me up

Many companies have a dress code or require special attire when on the job.

In my line of work steel toe shoes were mandatory at work.

On the positive side.......any attire required by your job is 100% tax deductible. .... :cool:

And those steel toe shoes are paid for by the company....right?

FSLA
  • The Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA)--work and wage amendments enacted in 1938--provide various provisions in regard to work uniform reimbursement. It does not require employees to wear uniforms, unless a uniform is a staple of a particular occupation or industry or is required by another law. Also, employers are not required to reimburse the cost of uniforms unless the expense reduces an employee's wages below minimum wage or interferes with overtime compensation. For instance, if a worker makes the current federal minimum wage of $7.25, uniform deductions are not possible, but if he makes $7.50, an employer can justify a charge for uniforms.
State Laws
  • Some provisions of the FSLA are overruled by individual state wage laws. California law requires employers to pay for all costs in regard to purchasing and maintaining a uniform, but allows employers to collect a deposit from workers that is refunded when the uniform is returned. In Utah, if a business requires a uniform as an employment condition, it must incur all uniform costs. By contrast, according to Illinois wage laws, an employer may charge for uniforms, including cost and laundering, but cannot subtract the cost from wages without prior written consent. Since the laws vary according to location, it is important to research a particular state’s provisions for clarity.
Exceptions
  • Certain types of attire requirements are not considered uniforms in some states. For example, if an employer required its workers to wear light blue shirts and khaki ties, this would not be considered a standard uniform and employers would not have to pay for these items. Illinois laws are an exception to this rule, since they recognize any company-required attire as a uniform. Also, some uniform provisions are specified in union contracts. For instance, employees of Meijer--a large retail franchise--are initially required to pay for uniforms, but Meijer’s union contract requires full reimbursement of uniform costs after an employee works a specified number of days.

Forum List

Back