Walking the walk.....

tipofthespear

May 13, 2013
So many Christians struggle with striving to live Christ-like, and, in my opinion, it is because they remain "carnal" Christians in that they are not yet "spiritual" in their walk with Christ. It is very important for believers to achieve the "spiritual" understanding of Christ, and to receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, for it is He who enables us to "walk the walk." We ourselves cannot ever achieve this, for without Him we remain carnal and weak in body and spirit.

Walking the walk

Galatians 5:16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh…….25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Galatians 6:9) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap; if we faint not. 10) As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Ephesians 2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 4:1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called………………….17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind.

Ephesians 5:1) Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour,……………8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:………………15) See that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Read the posts on this board and then compare them to those who SAY they're "Christians".

As with others here, you want to judge Christ, Christianity with Christians......and while that might serve your purpose to some degree, it is not the correct way to do so. Man is not perfect, never has been, never will be, and this is just as true of Christians as with unbelievers............Since you are set on rejecting the teachings of Christ based on the imperfect lives of Christians, why do you not USE THE SAME STANDARD OF JUDGEMENT with unbelievers? Given that unbelievers are JUST AS imperfect as believers, WHY DO YOU NOT ALSO REJECT THEIR TEACHINGS?

Oh, yeah, because your one of them..........rather than seeking the imperfections of Christians to justify your unbelief, FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS! Were you familiar with the Word of God, you would know that this is what we are all instructed to do. For it is He who is PERFECT.

Again, if IMPERFECTION is the basis for your ridicule of the Christian Faith, HOW IS IT NOT the basis for your ridicule of UNBELIEVERS?

The birth of Christ has wrought death and destruction on this planet.
I think humanity would have been fine without Him.
Or his Dad for that matter.

The birth of Christ has wrought death and destruction on this planet.
I think humanity would have been fine without Him.
Or his Dad for that matter.

I'm sure both God and Jesus are quite thankful for your input.............however, since civilizations entire Social and Legal structures have their Foundation in God's Law.......your comment is asinine.......in my opinion.

I do give you credit for capatilizing "Him," and "Dad" though........shows there Is hope for your change of heart.

Forum List

Back