🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wall plus?

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Once the wall is built...it will be vital to hire thousands of agents to patrol it as well. Simply building a wall. I am hoping this is also a part of the funding.

Once the wall is built...it will be vital to hire thousands of agents to patrol it as well. Simply building a wall. I am hoping this is also a part of the funding.

What's the whip count in the Senate for wall funding?

How many Dem votes are needed?

I believe it will eventually get done. I am just hoping they then hire enuff agents to properly patrol it. Even 5000 if need be.

I believe it will eventually get done. I am just hoping they then hire enuff agents to properly patrol it. Even 5000 if need be.

Right now we have enough agents to patrol the border without a wall, seems with a wall they should be fine...if there was ever one built.

What we will get instead I believe is the fencing in strategic locations like the BP is asking for.

Right now we have enough agents to patrol the border without a wall, seems with a wall they should be fine...if there was ever one built.
Call me crazy but it seems to me that if we spend $25 billion or whatever the price tag is now to build a "wall", we'd need LESS agents not more, otherwise why the fuck do we need a "wall"? So we can be less effiecient in the utilization of resources? o_O

Don't we already have "thousands of agents" patrolling the border? Why do they need a "wall" to patrol?
yea, kinda like "while you're out there, can you check on the wall some also???"

We just went from 20k to over 40,000 border patrol the past ten years... hand to hand they could become a living wall across the southern border!!

We just went from 20k to over 40,000 border patrol the past ten years... hand to hand they could become a living wall across the southern border!!

Yeah but apparently it takes more agents to patrol a border that has a "wall" then to patrol a border that doesn't have a "wall".

So... in effect a border "wall" is just a big, $25 billion employment service for border agents and Lord knows that we REALLY need one of those 'cause we don't have nearly enough Federal Employees. :rolleyes:

If a law is needed then that means 60 votes and there are 53 GOP votes. However, if Trump gets creative and either uses the Defense Department or taxing remittances to fund the wall, then it will be settled in the courts. I hope he uses an EO and the remittances tax/fee.
The Remittance Fee in Oklahoma, Georgia, and in the U.S. Congress

If a law is needed then that means 60 votes and there are 53 GOP votes. However, if Trump gets creative and either uses the Defense Department or taxing remittances to fund the wall, then it will be settled in the courts. I hope he uses an EO and the remittances tax/fee.
The Remittance Fee in Oklahoma, Georgia, and in the U.S. Congress
an EO to build the wall?

now that would be a tad more than EO's were ever intended to do. anyone *for* this i hope never bitches at anything obama did with EO's.

We have all heard that walls don't work. Heard it said many times by many (let's be kind) unusual people.
Let us follow that for a moment.
Why have so many bought into the idea tof gated communities?
Why do you see signs and for that matter ads for ADT, Brinks or hundreds of security companies wanting to protect your home?
Why have we some how convinced banks to install vaults?
Cars are built with locking doors. Houses come with looks on doors and windows. Yet walls don't work.

We have all heard that only hard working peace loving people are coming here. Yet we have all read at least one article about the person that has been deported numerous times for numerous offences. I have yet to see any news article state that they were deported numerous times just because it was fun. A crowd of immigrants was recently kept from breaking through a border portal by the use of teargas.

We have all heard that Republicans are the ones that want cheap labor. Why is it that Democrat cities, states are Sanctuary? Some claim that vegetables are rotting in the fields in California. Is every farmer in California a Republican? Is it Republicans only that hire housekeepers, grounds keepers, pool people, handymen and all the others? If so then the number of Demcrats must number in the hundreds.

The latest thin I have seen running around is the newly touted "there was zero net border crossings". They somehow manage to leave off the that we know of part.

We always hear the climate change proponents touting that we need to listen to the experts. Yet when it comes to border security they all scream don't listen to the experts, don't believe what they say.

Will a wall by itself stop all people? Will it stop the over 400 deaths each year of those attempting to cross the border? NO! Will it slow them down enough to give Border Patrol a better chance of intetcepting them? Yes it will.

Yes building, manning, and maintaining the wall over the decades will be a far more colossal waste of money than anyone could predict.

Forum List

Back