Wall Street Journalist FIRED, same one Kerry quoted to go to war with SYria

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
WSJ op-ed writer Elizabeth O?Bagy fired for resume lie - Mackenzie Weinger and Kate Brannen - POLITICO.com

The Syria researcher whose Wall Street Journal op-ed piece was cited by Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain during congressional hearings about the use of force has been fired from the Institute for the Study of War for lying about having a Ph.D., the group announced on Wednesday.

“The Institute for the Study of War has learned and confirmed that, contrary to her representations, Ms. Elizabeth O’Bagy does not in fact have a Ph.D. degree from Georgetown University,” the institute said in a statement. “ISW has accordingly terminated Ms. O’Bagy’s employment, effective immediately.”

Guys, you can't make this shit up.

You really want to give these Al Qaeda supporting sociopath control freaks your guns?

And Kerry was relying on her for information about the Rebels in Syria.

She was lying and minimizing the involvement of Al Qaeda groups and extremists.

I say that because I just read an account about the attack by Rebels on a Christian village and it was not consistent with what she is saying in her article about the Rebels in Syria.

"Elizabeth O'Bagy: On the Front Lines of Syria's Civil War
The conventional wisdom—that jihadists are running the rebellion—is not what I've witnessed on the ground"

"While traveling with some of these Free Syrian Army battalions, I've watched them defend Alawi and Christian villages from government forces and extremist groups. They've demonstrated a willingness to submit to civilian authority, working closely with local administrative councils. And they have struggled to ensure that their fight against Assad will pave the way for a flourishing civil society. One local council I visited in a part of Aleppo controlled by the Free Syrian Army was holding weekly forums in which citizens were able to speak freely, and have their concerns addressed directly by local authorities.

Moderate opposition groups make up the majority of actual fighting forces, and they have recently been empowered by the influx of arms and money from Saudi Arabia and other allied countries, such as Jordan and France. This is especially true in the south, where weapons provided by the Saudis have made a significant difference on the battlefield, and have helped fuel a number of recent rebel advances in Damascus."

Elizabeth O'Bagy: On the Front Lines of Syria's Civil War - WSJ.com

We just watched how a Christian village was attacked, and we did not see any of this happen.

We did not see the FSA defend the Christian village.

We saw an Al Qaeda related group attack the Christian village and try to force conversions on residents, they had not mostly fled Syria as she also writes in the article.

The conclusion is inescapable, the Administration was relying on false information/lies by an individual with ties to Rebel groups in Syria to justify military strikes against Syria.

WSJ op-ed writer Elizabeth O’Bagy fired for resume lie

By MACKENZIE WEINGER and KATE BRANNEN | 9/11/13 12:49 PM EDT

The Syria researcher whose Wall Street Journal op-ed piece was cited by Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain during congressional hearings about the use of force has been fired from the Institute for the Study of War for lying about having a Ph.D., the group announced on Wednesday

WSJ op-ed writer Elizabeth O?Bagy fired for resume lie - Mackenzie Weinger and Kate Brannen - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back