Wall Street nearly killed America under Bush, Trump puts them in charge

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Wall street gambled & lost. They lobbied for & received deregulatory legislation. They put our economy at risk for profit. We had to bail them out in 2008.

So why is Donald Trump putting the federal government in their hands?

How dumb are you people.

What do investors know about running anything? How does screwing people out of their homes make you a good leader?

If I wanted to bring back manufacturing, certainly I would look for a person who has actually done it. Made something & not trade papers from a desk. Someone that had to work with & develop skilled workers & not run a fast food company.

So here we are. A bunch of uneducated, uninformed morions elected a Con Man to be President. He told you a pack of bull, you bought irt, & now he isn't deliverying, and you still love him.

Before posting you lefties ought to do at least a little research...your Dear Leader's administration was full of Wall Streeters....for Christ's sake he put Lil' Timmy Geithner as SOT...and if you bother to do a little more research you will find your rock star Bubba Clinton did much the same....his SOT was straight out of Goldman Sacks.

Now imagine what your beloved Cankles' administration would look like, with her clear devotion to Wall Street.

Why is it you lefties ignore the Wall Street connection under a D POTUS, but bitch about it under an R POTUS? Can't you be at least a little bit consistent once in awhile?

It is going to be interesting to see if history repeats itself once more, both the great depression and great recession were the work of republicans and deregulation or little regulation, and yet corporations play the same tune and Gipper types follow. Kinda funny.

"This disposition to admire, and almost to worship , the rich and powerful, and to despise, or, at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions...is...the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." Adam Smith

"Companies achieve great economies, but they do so in part by driving wages down, and over time they will drive wages below the subsistence level unless the government intervenes to prevent them." Adam Smith

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned." UBI and the Flat Tax

Republicans are responsible for the Great Depression and Great Recession...says the radical left.

I really don't know how they can be so ignorant. It has to purposeful.

This radical partisanship (really ignorance) is going to ruin us.

Republicans are responsible for the Great Depression and Great Recession...says the radical left.

And Black Monday 1987, you own it. All three and 4th looks to be on the way.

Wall street gambled & lost. They lobbied for & received deregulatory legislation. They put our economy at risk for profit. We had to bail them out in 2008.

How dumb are you people.

What do investors know about running anything? How does screwing people out of their homes make you a good leader?

If I wanted to bring back manufacturing, certainly I would look for a person who has actually done it. Made something & not trade papers from a desk. Someone that had to work with & develop skilled workers & not run a fast food company.

So here we are. A bunch of uneducated, uninformed morions elected a Con Man to be President. He told you a pack of bull, you bought irt, & now he isn't deliverying, and you still love him.
Liberal engineers automated Republican jobs. Trump says he will bring them back. (snicker, giggle)

Before posting you lefties ought to do at least a little research...your Dear Leader's administration was full of Wall Streeters....for Christ's sake he put Lil' Timmy Geithner as SOT...and if you bother to do a little more research you will find your rock star Bubba Clinton did much the same....his SOT was straight out of Goldman Sacks.

Now imagine what your beloved Cankles' administration would look like, with her clear devotion to Wall Street.

Why is it you lefties ignore the Wall Street connection under a D POTUS, but bitch about it under an R POTUS? Can't you be at least a little bit consistent once in awhile?
Geitner was a wall street insider & you asshats had a fit. Now you sit on your thumbs while Trump nominates wall street insider after another.

Clinton represented Wall Street as Senator. She also aid Dodd Frank did not go far enough.

Your orange buddy wants to ditch that law & release wall street to fuck us all over again.

That's funny, but typical of an uninformed lefty.

In 1987, both houses of Congress were controlled by Ds....just as they were under W when the Great Recession began.

When will you realize this simple truth...."there is little difference between the parties?"

Geitner was a wall street insider & you asshats had a fit. Now you sit on your thumbs while Trump nominates wall street insider after another.

Clinton represented Wall Street as Senator. She also aid Dodd Frank did not go far enough.

Your orange buddy wants to ditch that law & release wall street to fuck us all over again.
We should ditch Dodd Frank...it is a typical big government crony capitalist heavy regulatory BS act that does not work...but dummies can't see it cause they love big government...even though centuries of history clearly prove it never works...but it does enrich the elites, wealthy and connected.

You bitch about Trump, yet you would have to be a total ignoramus to think Hillary's administration would not be entirely ruled by Wall Streeters.

Stop watching fake news and get educated.

Like they did with Hoover, the Fed could crash the economy around a Republican President to try to make him culpable.

I think they might not like Trump's reaction if they tried that this time

How dumb are you people.

My dog is smarter than you. Bush and Wallstreet crashed the economy? What's a morion anyway?

Neither of them created an atmosphere of buying homes people couldn't afford. The housing bubble and bust was the underlying problem.

We get it. You are upset and come here to lash out because it's all you have left. Now you have to eat shit for at least four years as one adoring policy after the other get over turned, thrown out and put in place. Tough shit morion, America has had enough of you.

History is a bitch, isn't it.

How dumb are you people.

My dog is smarter than you. Bush and Wallstreet crashed the economy? What's a morion anyway?

Neither of them created an atmosphere of buying homes people couldn't afford. The housing bubble and bust was the underlying problem.

We get it. You are upset and come here to lash out because it's all you have left. Now you have to eat shit for at least four years as one adoring policy after the other get over turned, thrown out and put in place. Tough shit morion, America has had enough of you.
"Morion" is a typo. Moron is you.

The Republicans basically ran Congress from 1995 through 2006., Bush was President for 7 years. And its no one's fault. I get it.

But you have been blaming Obama for the effects since day one.

Shall we make a pool to see the first month under Trump where we lose jobs? I'm betting March.

Apparently you know nothing of history, but then it is my experience that most Lefties have learned nothing from history...or know nothing of history. If you did, you would not be a leftist.

That is the problem with lefties...you are generally uninformed so facts surprise you.

That's funny, but typical of an uninformed lefty.

In 1987, both houses of Congress were controlled by Ds....just as they were under W when the Great Recession began.

When will you realize this simple truth...."there is little difference between the parties?"

Reagan cut all social programs, and left office a huge increase in the National Debt. He created the rich and the poor, and is the reason for the Savings and Loan Disaster which cost billions to taxpayers.

We should ditch Dodd Frank...it is a typical big government crony capitalist heavy regulatory BS act that does not work...but dummies can't see it cause they love big government...even though centuries of history clearly prove it never works...but it does enrich the elites, wealthy and connected.

You bitch about Trump, yet you would have to be a total ignoramus to think Hillary's administration would not be entirely ruled by Wall Streeters.

Same way they deregulated everything in the 80's, screw Wall Street and the Banks if they don't like it. We need to keep Dodd Frank, or taxpayers need to just quit paying income tax, 1 day walk out of work across the whole US would show Congress that they are not in charge. Maybe a week and let the , lets not forget we pay their salaries and health insurance, and pensions.

Apparently you know nothing of history, but then it is my experience that most Lefties have learned nothing from history...or know nothing of history. If you did, you would not be a leftist.

That is the problem with lefties...you are generally uninformed so facts surprise you.

The problem is the Republicans mistakenly think trickle down works. I am tired of deregulations to let the rich elites prey on hard working taxpayers.

Same way they deregulated everything in the 80's, screw Wall Street and the Banks if they don't like it. We need to keep Dodd Frank, or taxpayers need to just quit paying income tax, 1 day walk out of work across the whole US would show Congress that they are not in charge. Maybe a week and let the , lets not forget we pay their salaries and health insurance, and pensions.
Do you know who overturned the glass-steagall act?

I suspect you do not.

Please get informed before posting.

Forum List

Back