Wallace of Fox News Sunday slams LaPierre on guns

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
more at: Capt. Mark Kelly, Wayne LaPierre on chances for compromise in gun control debate | Interviews | Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace - Fox News

"snip"

WALLACE: Absolutely do not -- I mean, forgive me, sir, you take something that is here, and you say it's going to go all the way over there. There is no indication -- I mean, I can understand you are saying that that's a threat, but there's nothing anyone in the administration has said that indicates they are going to have a universal registry.

LAPIERRE: And Obamacare wasn't a tax until they needed it to be a tax.

WALLACE: The Supreme Court decided that.

LAPIERRE: I mean, you cannot trust these -- I mean, my God, Dianne Feinstein, said, if I could go door-to-door and pick 'em all up, I'd do it.

Can I tell you what I think will work for just one second though?

WALLACE: I'm going to ask you a couple of questions, and we'll get to it. Forgive me, sir. I'm going to conduct the interview.

LAPIERRE: Yes. No.

Refreshing given the other 22+/- hours of the day is devoted to infotainment on that channel

Chris Wallace made his bones after the Clinton interview.

He approaches news with a conservative lens..but it's also one that is fair.

maybe fox will get to reeducationg these fact adverse idiots they created

he then went on to say what it was mr. wallace stopped from saying, almost setting it up for him. I took it more as theatrics than "slamming". he interupted mr kelly the same way, almost like stopping each of them from speaking until he had asked the proper question.

Looks more like the show business of the news and an unfailing need to be noticed as the host to me.

he will push his rw compatriots on occasional yes.
he then went on to say what it was mr. wallace stopped from saying, almost setting it up for him. I took it more as theatrics than "slamming". he interupted mr kelly the same way, almost like stopping each of them from speaking until he had asked the proper question.

Looks more like the show business of the news and an unfailing need to be noticed as the host to me.

I heard the whole interview & Wallace pressed him on his obfuscation throughout. I'm NOT a fan, as anyone here will tell you, of Fox News

he will push his rw compatriots on occasional yes.

I heard the whole interview & Wallace pressed him on his obfuscation throughout. I'm NOT a fan, as anyone here will tell you, of Fox News

I'm just gonna agree to disagree.

here he tries to deflect the dicussion to Chicago & Wallace stops him cold :)

LAPIERRE: Every gang member on the street of Chicago, starting tomorrow morning, let's pick 'em up, we've got a federal law to get them off the street and put them in prison, and that would cut crime and we're not doing it.

WALLACE: Well, that's a perfectly legitimate point. It wouldn't have saved the people in Newtown. It wouldn't have saved the people in Aurora, Colorado. It wouldn't have saved the people in Clackamas County, Oregon.

I want to talk about the question of rights. This Heller case is the case, a victory for the NRA, in which the court affirmed, the Second Amendment, means what it says. But here's what Scalia, Justice Scalia, wrote in the majority opinion. Let's put it up on the screen. "The Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course, the right was not unlimited."

Not unlimited. Scalia talks in his majority decision about what kinds of weapons people can buy, who can buy them, where they can be carried. The right is not unlimited, Mr. LaPierre.

Last edited:
more at: Capt. Mark Kelly, Wayne LaPierre on chances for compromise in gun control debate | Interviews | Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace - Fox News

"snip"

WALLACE: Absolutely do not -- I mean, forgive me, sir, you take something that is here, and you say it's going to go all the way over there. There is no indication -- I mean, I can understand you are saying that that's a threat, but there's nothing anyone in the administration has said that indicates they are going to have a universal registry.

LAPIERRE: I mean, you cannot trust these -- I mean, my God, Dianne Feinstein, said, if I could go door-to-door and pick 'em all up, I'd do it.

WALLACE: I'm going to ask you a couple of questions, and we'll get to it. Forgive me, sir. I'm going to conduct the interview.

Refreshing given the other 22+/- hours of the day is devoted to infotainment on that channel
Funny how you guy's only have good things to say about FOX when they go after people you disagree with. Oh well not everyone can do the Steve Kroft, President Obama, Hillary Clinton love fest type interview.

Way to go Chris!!! :) They do have a pretty good "news" outfit as opposed to their "infotainment" shows like Hannity & Fox & Friends :puke3:

"snip"

Funny how you guy's only have good things to say about FOX when they go after people you disagree with. Oh well not everyone can do the Steve Kroft, President Obama, Hillary Clinton love fest type interview.

Funny how all of these leftists are "not fans of Fox News", but they seem to watch Fox News an awful lot.

If I'm "not a fan" of something............like MSNBC or CNN or oysters or wine or small cars............I don't watch them or eat them or drink them or drive them.

But that's just the way I am.

I listen to CSpan all day long. They broadcast "unfiltered" hearings press conferences, sunday morning talk shows (is what the OP is from), book tv, etc...

"snip"

And Chris should have asked Wayne about the imbecilic notion that people blame the gun in a shooting :lol: I mean when has anybody ever heard people blaming the gun?

this was entertaining too:

Capt. Mark Kelly, Wayne LaPierre on chances for compromise in gun control debate | Interviews | Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace - Fox News
WALLACE: I understand there are lots of problems out there and this isn't going to solve all of them.

But you can't say, that -- first of all, the gangs don't commit the mass murders, Adam Lanza wasn't a member of a gang. James Holmes was not a member of the gang.

You talk -- one of the points of the ads that I want to ask you about, is you made it a class argument, the rich and elites.

LAPIERRE: Sure.

WALLACE: They have bodyguards. They have security.

LAPIERRE: Sure. And Mayor Bloomberg has it. Mayor Bloomberg has bodyguards.

WALLACE: I'll tell you who else has security. You do.

LAPIERRE: Sometimes. Yes.

WALLACE: And, you have security. Today you have security.

LAPIERRE: Yes, and you talk about hypocrisy right out in the open, we have had all kinds of threats on me, OK?

WALLACE: Does that make you an elite -- an out of touch elite because you have security?

LAPIERRE: I don't deny anybody the right to security when they need it. What I'm saying, it is ridiculous, Chris, for all the elites and all the powerful and privilege, the titans of industry, to send their kids to school where there's arm security. They have access to semi-automatic technology. They have access --

WALLACE: First of all, I don't know anybody who has -- I don't know anybody elites who sends their kids -- my children went to the same school that the Obama children went to, many years ago, and there were no armed security there.

this was entertaining too:

Capt. Mark Kelly, Wayne LaPierre on chances for compromise in gun control debate | Interviews | Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace - Fox News
WALLACE: I understand there are lots of problems out there and this isn't going to solve all of them.

But you can't say, that -- first of all, the gangs don't commit the mass murders, Adam Lanza wasn't a member of a gang. James Holmes was not a member of the gang.

You talk -- one of the points of the ads that I want to ask you about, is you made it a class argument, the rich and elites.

LAPIERRE: Sure.

WALLACE: They have bodyguards. They have security.

LAPIERRE: Sure. And Mayor Bloomberg has it. Mayor Bloomberg has bodyguards.

WALLACE: I'll tell you who else has security. You do.

LAPIERRE: Sometimes. Yes.

WALLACE: And, you have security. Today you have security.

LAPIERRE: Yes, and you talk about hypocrisy right out in the open, we have had all kinds of threats on me, OK?

WALLACE: Does that make you an elite -- an out of touch elite because you have security?

LAPIERRE: I don't deny anybody the right to security when they need it. What I'm saying, it is ridiculous, Chris, for all the elites and all the powerful and privilege, the titans of industry, to send their kids to school where there's arm security. They have access to semi-automatic technology. They have access --

WALLACE: First of all, I don't know anybody who has -- I don't know anybody elites who sends their kids -- my children went to the same school that the Obama children went to, many years ago, and there were no armed security there.
I saw that part of the interview, just today. Good for Mike.
Thanks for posting it.

I saw that part of the interview, just today. Good for Mike.
Thanks for posting it.

I think "Mike" was his father but yeah, he let Wayne have it. His own father castigated Chris before he passed. Maybe that has something to do w/ his changing into a more objective interviewer

Last edited:

Forum List

Back