Walmart dead last in customer satisfaction

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
"Supermarkets are up 1.3% overall to 76 despite a continued rise in food prices—now 6% higher than in 2010. Efforts to remodel stores and expand product selection seem to be paying off for this cost-sensitive industry. Publix remains the grocer to beat, continuing its customer satisfaction reign unchallenged at a stable and high score of 84. Whole Foods keeps trending upward following its first measure in 2007, although the gain for 2011 is small (+1%). The upscale grocer comes in second place at 80, showing a net gain of 10% over four years. The supermarket business of Wal-Mart does not fare well in comparison with the other chains. Dropping 3% to 69, Wal-Mart lags the supermarket field by 5 points or more and remains dead last among all measured retailers.

In the department & discount store industry, Wal-Mart treads this same ground. With a 4% satisfaction hit, the world’s largest retailer is now alone in last place at 70—6 points below the industry average and the next-lowest chain (Sears at 76)."

The customer experience at Walmart is low because Walmart employees are not happy that they are offered low pay, few benefits and treated like second class citizens by their employer and-----and their shitty customer service doesn't even translate into lower prices -- not only that but each and every Walmart sucks up -on average- over a million dollars of the taxes YOU pay.

It doesn't seem to hurt them any.

I've been to WalMart. Now I just order from them because their mail order procedures is top notch. I don't go to WalMart because the clientele that goes there is atrocious. My store customer satisfaction would be rock bottom, but not because of the store, but the customers.

There ae some WalMart stores that are just fine, but you have to get out of the cities for that.

Where does the radical left get this stuff? Where would we be if the government was in charge of the production and distribution of goods and services? Hint: look up the definition of Fascism. Where would we be if unions dictated their own salaries? Check out Detroit sometime. Walmart offers an incredible variety of products at a decent price and from what I have seen they bend over backwards to accommodate customers.

I really don't like going to Walmart for the mere fact that they are always crowded and I hate the set up. When I do go it is usually during odd hours...like really early in the morning/or in the evening. That would be my main complaint...other than that...they are fine in the way of customer satifaction related to products I purchase.

Not all Walmart stores are superstores and carry groceries either. I did notice that they are now building some as JUST grocery stores (we just recently got one near by). Should be interesting to see how well they do.

Like most stores you have to know your prices...sometimes Walmart is cheaper...sometimes not. But if you know your prices and have an ad or receipt...they will price match which is a good thing and something I would rate them highly for.

Why are they compairing them to Amazon, Nordstrom, Publix and Costco? Never heard of Publix...but the others are not even related.

"Supermarkets are up 1.3% overall to 76 despite a continued rise in food prices—now 6% higher than in 2010. Efforts to remodel stores and expand product selection seem to be paying off for this cost-sensitive industry. Publix remains the grocer to beat, continuing its customer satisfaction reign unchallenged at a stable and high score of 84. Whole Foods keeps trending upward following its first measure in 2007, although the gain for 2011 is small (+1%). The upscale grocer comes in second place at 80, showing a net gain of 10% over four years. The supermarket business of Wal-Mart does not fare well in comparison with the other chains. Dropping 3% to 69, Wal-Mart lags the supermarket field by 5 points or more and remains dead last among all measured retailers.

In the department & discount store industry, Wal-Mart treads this same ground. With a 4% satisfaction hit, the world’s largest retailer is now alone in last place at 70—6 points below the industry average and the next-lowest chain (Sears at 76)."

The customer experience at Walmart is low because Walmart employees are not happy that they are offered low pay, few benefits and treated like second class citizens by their employer and-----and their shitty customer service doesn't even translate into lower prices -- not only that but each and every Walmart sucks up -on average- over a million dollars of the taxes YOU pay.

wal-mart scored a 69

:eusa_whistle:

and yet, they are still in business.

to bad so sad for the unions.

Why are they compairing them to Amazon, Nordstrom, Publix and Costco? Never heard of Publix...but the others are not even related.

Publix is a chain of grocery stores mainly in the south. They pride themselves on customer service. They are not the lowest priced stores though, not by far.

Imo, they sometimes go overboard on the customer service.

With a 4% satisfaction hit, the world’s largest retailer is now alone in last place at 70—6 points below the industry average and the next-lowest chain (Sears at 76)."

That's awful. They'll have to console themselves with their 2012 FY revenue of $469 billion.

not only that but each and every Walmart sucks up -on average- over a million dollars of the taxes YOU pay

Holy bad math, Batman!
WalMart doesn't suck up any of my tax dollars.

Publix is a chain of grocery stores mainly in the south. They pride themselves on customer service. They are not the lowest priced stores though, not by far.

Imo, they sometimes go overboard on the customer service.

Okay...yeah...neither is Whole Foods. Not sure how you can make a good comparison when places like Whole Foods offer only health food items and Walmart does not. Not even the same clientele. But whatever...:cuckoo:

My Wally World is clean, well lighted, has a tremendous assortment of products at 30% less than they cost elsewhere. If I go there around 1-1:30 in the afternoon I can zip right through a line....help is courteous and friendly....you can take grocery items twice the size they want in their express lanes and the cashier doesn't give you dirty looks. I can find what I want in a store without an employee lurking/watching for me to shoplift. Hell, there's twice as many luxury cars as beaters in their parking lot....I even found a folded-up $50 bill laying outside a couple months ago....I've never heard of anybody being "dissatisfied" there.....they won't tolerate being undersold or out-serviced in my experience.

Last edited:

With a 4% satisfaction hit, the world’s largest retailer is now alone in last place at 70—6 points below the industry average and the next-lowest chain (Sears at 76)."

That's awful. They'll have to console themselves with their 2012 FY revenue of $469 billion.

not only that but each and every Walmart sucks up -on average- over a million dollars of the taxes YOU pay

Holy bad math, Batman!

Sure it does. They don't pay their workers enough and you end up paying for their healthcare.

My Wally World is clean, well lighted, has a tremendous assortment of products at 30% less than they cost elsewhere. If I go there around 1-1:30 in the afternoon I can zip right through a line....help is courteous and friendly....you can take grocery items twice the size they want in their express lanes and the cashier doesn't give you dirty looks. I can find what I want in a store without an employee lurking/watching for me to shoplift. Hell, there's twice as many luxury cars as beaters in their parking lot....I even found a folded-up $50 bill laying outside a couple months ago....I've never heard of anybody being "dissatisfied" there.....they won't tolerate being undersold or out-serviced in my experience.

That is my experience too, but then again I actually LIVE in Wally World I don't see what they're like in the northeast near big population centers and so on.

Holy bad math, Batman!

Sure it does. They don't pay their workers enough and you end up paying for their healthcare.

So the government pays for healthcare?
I thought someone would post proof that WalMart sucks up my tax dollars.

doesn't even translate into lower prices
In my experience Walmart has low prices.

-- not only that but each and every Walmart sucks up -on average- over a million dollars of the taxes YOU pay.
Source? How much corporate taxes and sales taxes to Walmart pay, and how much taxpayer money do the "suck up" I'd be curious to see how you arrived at a net negative million per store.

Forum List

Back