Walmart dead last in customer satisfaction

Why are they compairing them to Amazon, Nordstrom, Publix and Costco? Never heard of Publix...but the others are not even related.

Publix is a grocery chain. Somewhat more customer-oriented than Kroger--judging from those in my area.

My Wally World is clean, well lighted, has a tremendous assortment of products at 30% less than they cost elsewhere. If I go there around 1-1:30 in the afternoon I can zip right through a line....help is courteous and friendly....you can take grocery items twice the size they want in their express lanes and the cashier doesn't give you dirty looks. I can find what I want in a store without an employee lurking/watching for me to shoplift. Hell, there's twice as many luxury cars as beaters in their parking lot....I even found a folded-up $50 bill laying outside a couple months ago....I've never heard of anybody being "dissatisfied" there.....they won't tolerate being undersold or out-serviced in my experience.

That is my experience too, but then again I actually LIVE in Wally World I don't see what they're like in the northeast near big population centers and so on.

The closest Walmart is located in an area that has 'challenges'. I could drive 1/2 hour to a better one but will not.

There is a Target within minutes from my house--not a great fan of Target but I generally go there.

I'm not the least bit surprised. I rarely shop there anyway, but when I do the customer service has definitely not been as good as Target, Vons, Smith's, or Whole Foods. Whole Foods and Vons are my top two places to shop for groceries and their customer service is far superior to Walmart.

I'm not the least bit surprised. I rarely shop there anyway, but when I do the customer service has definitely not been as good as Target, Vons, Smith's, or Whole Foods. Whole Foods and Vons are my top two places to shop for groceries and their customer service is far superior to Walmart.

Nobody shops at WalMart anymore, it's too crowded. h/t Yogi Berra

There has been some sort of Renaissance at my local Target. Once I would have rated it last on any list. I suspect a change in management?

My Wally World is clean, well lighted, has a tremendous assortment of products at 30% less than they cost elsewhere. If I go there around 1-1:30 in the afternoon I can zip right through a line....help is courteous and friendly....you can take grocery items twice the size they want in their express lanes and the cashier doesn't give you dirty looks. I can find what I want in a store without an employee lurking/watching for me to shoplift. Hell, there's twice as many luxury cars as beaters in their parking lot....I even found a folded-up $50 bill laying outside a couple months ago....I've never heard of anybody being "dissatisfied" there.....they won't tolerate being undersold or out-serviced in my experience.

That is my experience too, but then again I actually LIVE in Wally World I don't see what they're like in the northeast near big population centers and so on.

The closest Walmart is located in an area that has 'challenges'. I could drive 1/2 hour to a better one but will not.

There is a Target within minutes from my house--not a great fan of Target but I generally go there.

I used to rarely go to Target....but within the last year or so they have revamped the store and now sell groceries. Since both Target and Walmart are on my way home it's a coin toss as to which I will stop in at on any given day. Depends on what I need. Target still doesn't carry certain items.

Whole foods is great for produce (although very expensive). They have the best cherries and strawberries I have ever eaten. And I do love their line of Jason's all natural cosmetics. Other than that though I like Trader Joe's just as much if not more.

I used to rarely go to Target....but within the last year or so they have revamped the store and now sell groceries. Since both Target and Walmart are on my way home it's a coin toss as to which I will stop in at on any given day. Depends on what I need. Target still doesn't carry certain items.

Whole foods is great for produce (although very expensive). They have the best cherries and strawberries I have ever eaten. And I do love their line of Jason's all natural cosmetics. Other than that though I like Trader Joe's just as much if not more.

The nearest TJ's would require quite a bit of planning.

Basically I go to Kroger--not because they are 'outstanding'--just closer and I know the store.

Why are they compairing them to Amazon, Nordstrom, Publix and Costco? Never heard of Publix...but the others are not even related.

There was a Publix near where I lived in TN. There is one near where my daughter lives. If there was one here, I would use it. I don't think they have the absolute lowest prices, but their bakery is good. I love their breakfast bread and generally bring home a couple loaves when I visit my kids. Publix stores are clean and well managed.I don't really care that much for 'one stop shopping' which is the big draw for Wally World. Kroger here is OK. It is just OK. If it isn't the day the welfare eagle flies, Wally World is fairly decent shopping here. We have a lot of college kids in pretty much every store here, but they are welcomed because the university drives the economy of that small town.

walmart will continue to grow as liberals continue to cry

they have a great business model and provide items at great prices, they changed the way most stores do business.

Basically I go to Kroger--not because they are 'outstanding'--just closer and I know the store.

Most of the stores I mentioned require preplanning for me to visit too because of location. If I am in the area, or passing by on the way home from work I will stop in.. If it's a quick run to the store from home...then we have an Albertson's a few blocks away. I'm way too lazy to fight crowds and drive out of my way on the weekends.

Gee, wouldn't have anything to do with a bunch of left wing nutters and union supporters filling out the surveys would it?

Dumbass.

thani120555.gif

Most of the stores I mentioned require preplanning for me to visit too because of location. If I am in the area, or passing by on the way home from work I will stop in.. If it's a quick run to the store from home...then we have an Albertson's a few blocks away. I'm way too lazy to fight crowds and drive out of my way on the weekends.

Albertson's--midwest, New England or other? I have heard of them--that is something we don't have in Atlanta.

selfishly I would not be upset if a new Walmart was built about 10 miles from me. The proposed site is hotly contested--traffic and related issues. Imo, this site would have been perfect for Trader Joes--but they were not interested.

Albertson's--midwest, New England or other? I have heard of them--that is something we don't have in Atlanta.

selfishly I would not be upset if a new Walmart was built about 10 miles from me. The proposed site is hotly contested--traffic and related issues. Imo, this site would have been perfect for Trader Joes--but they were not interested.

Albertson's is based out of Boise Idaho. Not sure about all locations...but I'm going to say all of the MidWest, SouthWest and West. They had them in California when I lived there and I know they have them in Illinois.

I'm trying to figure out what could possibly cause a bad customer service experience in wallyworld.
Get cart,pick up TP,paper towels,deodorant and whatever. Push cart to check out,then out to your car. What the hell could possibly go wrong?
Other then the standard two out of fifty lanes being open,I really see nothing you could complain about.

Albertson's is based out of Boise Idaho. Not sure about all locations...but I'm going to say all of the MidWest, SouthWest and West. They had them in California when I lived there and I know they have them in Illinois.

They must be good. In shopping threads they are referenced frequently.

We have a really good international farmers' market about a half hour away--sometimes I go there if there is a seasonal fruit or vegetable that I desire. DeKalb Farmers' Market---lol--seems to have quite an online following. It's been around for about 40 years. Originally opened behind some stores in an old strip mall. Then moved to a larger location. I had no idea it was held in such high esteem.

Do yu guys have Piggly Wigglys there?

I'm trying to figure out what could possibly cause a bad customer service experience in wallyworld.
Get cart,pick up TP,paper towels,deodorant and whatever. Push cart to check out,then out to your car. What the hell could possibly go wrong?
Other then the standard two out of fifty lanes being open,I really see nothing you could complain about.

I had been thinking along the same lines. I assumed the customer service issues were related to returns--and poor quality merchandise--which you pretty much know are a risk you must be willing to take.

Waiting in a long line would cause me to rank any store poorly.

But--I have come to accept such a standard for customer service is now the norm. I do everything I can not to shop at CVS for this reason. What the problem may be I don't know or care but they don't seem to be able to get cashiers to the register.

They used to have a LOT of them here in Florida but Publix ran them off.

Forum List

Back