WalMart Leads the Way!

Sure you aren't as soon as you answer my question you wont because you full of shit. Your next move will probably be to wait until It goes to a new page and say "Huh, what question"

Just like you ignored me saying YOU'VE done the same thing as Walmart. And I posted it about 4 pages ago, not one.

You had no response cause you were busted . Walmart got busted, paid the fine (I assume) so stop crying abour it like a little bitch

I didn't respond to you because you're a dumbass who is equating my activities to that of Walmart. Because you think that I am a big box store that people shop in and employees people so we are just alike.

Theres your answer fun boy...go play and now you can stop crying that daddy ignored you

Good to know that you have different standards for yourself when it comes to supposed nature harming activities.

Typical lib

"The selfish spirit of commerce knows no country, and feels no passion or principle but that of gain"
Thomas Jefferson - Letter to Larkin Smith (1809)

Congressional Report Singles Out Walmart as a Drag on US Economy

PfchVml.jpg

Walmart’s low wages cost taxpayers a lot of money and contribute to national debt, this according to a new congressional report. One Walmart supercenter can cost taxpayers as much as $251,000 in food stamps alone.

When all other potential costs are added in, the bill can come to about $900,000 per Supercenter. A typical supercenter employs about 300 people, so this calculates to about $3,000 per person in costs that may have to be borne by US taxpayers.

Walmart: Externalizing Costs to US Taxpayers

In the Walmart approach many costs are, in macroeconomic terms, externalized. Externalizing costs is an approach that has been employed, for example, by mining companies. Think of a mining company that develops a site, extracts their ore, then declares bankruptcy, and leaves the site cleanup to taxpayers who then foot billion dollar bills. In this case, part (often a large part) of the costs are not built into the company’s business model. Not having to account these costs allows the products to be sold at lower prices, often further increasing demand that in turn results in higher externalized costs.

While economists call this externalized cost, you and I may refer to it as a nasty business model.

To place this situation in more perspective, the US national minimum wage is $7.25 (and 31 states do not mandate a higher minimum wage). This comes to about $15,000 per year (assuming the worker is permitted to work full time, but this is often not the case).

more

Forum List

Back