Walmart To Raise Age Requirement To Purchase Firearms, Ammunition

5a9740311e000008087ad1ee.jpeg

The retail giant said it’s making changes to its gun sale policies “in light of recent events.”

Walmart has vowed to raise its age requirement to 21 years old for customers looking to purchase firearms or ammunition from their stores.

The retail giant decided to change its firearms policy “in light of recent events,” Walmart said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

In addition to the age requirement, Walmart will be removing from its website any items that resemble “assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys.”

“We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” the company’s statement read.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

More: Walmart To Raise Age Requirement To Purchase Firearms, Ammunition

I salute Walmart for doing the right thing. What do you think?

Great, I hope they get their asses sued off.

Why would they get sued?

See post 114.

3 years ago, Walmart stopped selling guns at all. Was that a violation?

Stores can set age limits for their products. That has been done time and again.

That would be one hell of a surprise to my local Walmart, they never stopped selling guns. Also not carrying a product is different form refusing to make a legal sale of a product. Just tell the folks that want to play politics with their FFL's and not follow the law, that they can't renew their licenses.

The retail giant said it’s making changes to its gun sale policies “in light of recent events.”

Walmart has vowed to raise its age requirement to 21 years old for customers looking to purchase firearms or ammunition from their stores.

The retail giant decided to change its firearms policy “in light of recent events,” Walmart said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

In addition to the age requirement, Walmart will be removing from its website any items that resemble “assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys.”

“We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” the company’s statement read.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

You going to continue to shop there?

Yes.

That’s where we differ, I won’t shop at big no personality, box stores, I’ll pay more and shop local businesses and keep our hard working small business man in business. I am surprised the left will support these companies.

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

Yes.

That’s where we differ, I won’t shop at big no personality, box stores, I’ll pay more and shop local businesses and keep our hard working small business man in business. I am surprised the left will support these companies.
Yep, More business for us small businesses.
:dance:

I foresee a law suit in the future. The store has no legal right to deny a patron the right to buy any merchandise they sell so long as they are legally able to posses it.

Yeah, that's what homos said about cakes.
Actually not the same thing the bakery offered to sell any already made cake to them. They just refused to use their creative powers to make a specialty item.

Always the idiot ASS CLOWN. You know damn well it is because conservatives don't go around calling all of your advertisers and business partners and threatening them with slander, law suits and bad press. They don't show up on your doorstep in mobs with angry hateful signs making all kinds of unfounded allegations. The Fascist Left like you threatens these companies that they are afraid of the potential loss of business, the bad press, or both. Or just don't want the headache and expense of fighting you. Most companies are cowards built upon making money, not standing up for principles.

idiot ASS CLOWN says wut?

Conservatives are smashing Keurigs to defend Sean Hannity — here are the other brands that have incurred the wrath of the right

Conservatives are smashing Keurigs to defend Sean Hannity — here are the other brands that have incurred the wrath of the right

Funny how smashing Keurigs is defending something, and terminating discounts is an attack, huh?

Smashing Keurigs is a personal decision to reject a corporate position. You hurt or help no one but yourself. But when mobs of radical Leftists show up to protest at a corporate headquarters, or organize to attack and threaten and scare a corporation's sponsors and alliances in person, over TV and radio, on the phone, by mail and on the internet, they are practicing nothing less than political fascism, do things OUR way or we will put you out of business, and while there may be some on the Right who try similar things, it is by no means anywhere to the degree or extent of the masterful fascist Left.

I foresee a law suit in the future. The store has no legal right to deny a patron the right to buy any merchandise they sell so long as they are legally able to posses it.

Yeah, that's what homos said about cakes.
Actually not the same thing the bakery offered to sell any already made cake to them. They just refused to use their creative powers to make a specialty item.

And rather than just go down the street to the next bakery and get it done like any normal person would, they chose to bring in the full weight of the Holder Justice Department to make an LGBTQ example of them and try to crush them out of business. Queer Fascists.

I salute Dick's Sporting Goods for doing the right thing. Hopefully more companies will follow.

Just a lot of meaningless bullshit intended to solve NOTHING but maintain a false public image of "proactiveness" to keep all of the liberal activist groups out there from attacking their corporate image. None of this will solve a damned thing because the law is the law and if someone could have bought xyz at Dicks or Walmart, they can go right to any gun store and still purchase same----- probably for less money. All it will really do is mean more money and business for the other suppliers.

Besides, most gun crimes are committed with a handgun! :21:
What is proactive about raising the age limit? Tell me about the interdiction that will occur....

Proactive means taking the initiative------ how is it possible you do not see Walmart's decision to raise the purchasing age as being proactive? I'm not saying it was a BAD idea, just that it will only force kids to go elsewhere and its main purpose was to assuage Walmart's public image as being sympathetic and responsible to the current volatile climate, not solve anything.

with retail outlets stopping AR sales on their own who are RusianWingers going to blame now ?

surely not this guy ...

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” the president added.

That is their prerogative and I respect their decision. Dick's branded stores haven't sold the AR style rifle since 2012, the change in age for sales aside, this move only applies only to their Field and Stream branded stores. But good on them. Though I believe the decision is as much a publicity play as anything else.

That being said... and I posted this in another thread in reference to this topic...

Fucking pussies. Sell them all or sell none at all.

This is like a store saying they will no longer sell cigarettes, but they'll continue selling loose tobacco and Zig Zags...

All or none? Damn, that's pretty dumb.

Why? If they really want to make a difference, terminate all gun sales. They're still selling semi-automatic handguns with 17 round magazines. Somehow they're less deadly? Not in the right hands they're not, especially in the settings in which we see most of these these shootings. Both Dick's and Field and Stream have plenty of other products to keep customers coming in the door and their websites, what's the big deal?

Hanguns in .223 caliber? Must be one hellacious pistol grip.

You do realize the caliber of the round is independent from the load of propellant in it, which is what is responsible for the recoil, right?

Yeah, that's why I load my .460 Weatherby Magnum with the same load as my .22s.

LOL, like you own a gun.

Maybe if you live in Russia that is true. A private entity should be able to choose the rules for selling what they sell

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

Yes.

They usually won't support these companies. But they throw out their outrage at low wages, poor insurance and low quality jobs if they can stick it to gun people.

Canadian Outdoor Retailer Drops Products From U.S. Company That Makes Guns

Mountain Equipment Co-op bowed to customers pressing the chain to distance itself from Vista Outdoors.

A major Canadian outdoor retail chain said Thursday it will stop selling products from a U.S. company that manufactures guns and ammunition.

Mountain Equipment Co-op, known as MEC, said it would stop carrying products from Vista Outdoor, a sprawling outdoor sports and recreation company that manufactures gun products, including assault-style rifles. MEC, based in Vancouver, sells neither firearms nor ammunition, but said it would quit selling five brands owned by Vista, including CamelBak, Bollé and Bushnell, in an effort to distance itself from the U.S. gun-maker.

More good news!

Mountain Equipment Co-op bowed to customers pressing the chain to distance itself from Vista Outdoors.

A major Canadian outdoor retail chain said Thursday it will stop selling products from a U.S. company that manufactures guns and ammunition.

Mountain Equipment Co-op, known as MEC, said it would stop carrying products from Vista Outdoor, a sprawling outdoor sports and recreation company that manufactures gun products, including assault-style rifles. MEC, based in Vancouver, sells neither firearms nor ammunition, but said it would quit selling five brands owned by Vista, including CamelBak, Bollé and Bushnell, in an effort to distance itself from the U.S. gun-maker.

More good news!

Right. Lets destroy the jobs of people who make wearable canteens and binoculars because we hate guns. Okey dokey.

More good news!

It is even more vague than your quote makes it sound.

from your link: "“While these issues are seemingly unrelated to MEC, it has recently come to light that several brands MEC sells are owned by a corporation that has holdings in the manufacture of assault-style weapons.”

So the corporation has holdings that are involved in making guns. The products from companies MEC has been buying have nothing to do with guns. But their parent corporation also owns other companies that make guns, so they drop them? lol I believe every company has the right to make their own choices. But I also know that some choices are stupid.

Lakhota, do you have a 401k or any sort of investment portfolio? Have you checked to make sure none of your holdings have any connection with gun manufacturers or with companies that have connections with gun manufacturers? Or even companies who have connections with companies who have connections with gun manufacturers?

DXKN0laWkAIUPmk.jpg

Shrug. Pretty stupid, but I don't shop there. Toy guns? What wretched idiots.

I bought a cheap pistol there in the late 70's and a nice 30-06 there in the 80's but I haven't bought a firearm there since the death of Sam Walton...there are too many other choices to waste time with them.

Kroger-Owned Superstores To Stop Selling Guns To People Under 21

The changes at Fred Meyer superstores follow similar announcements by other major retailers.

Kroger, the largest U.S. supermarket chain, announced Thursday that it will no longer sell firearms or ammunition to buyers under age 21 through its Fred Meyer superstores.

“In response to the tragic events in Parkland and elsewhere, we’ve taken a hard look at our policies and procedures for firearm sales,” Kristal Howard, the company’s head of corporate communications and media relations, said in a statement emailed to HuffPost. “Recent events demonstrate the need for additional action on the part of responsible gun retailers. We are raising the minimum age to 21 to purchase firearms and ammunition in all of our Fred Meyer locations that sell firearms.”

Kroger is the third major U.S. retailer, after Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart, to vow stricter policies on gun purchases in the wake of the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Kroger-Owned Superstores To Stop Selling Guns To People Under 21

More good news!

Forum List

Back