WalMart wants customers to give food to their employees

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Ohio Walmart Store Holds Thanksgiving Food Drive for Associates - ABC News

Walmart employee Thanksgiving donations at Canton store cause controversy | cleveland.com

bins1-15660341jpg-b2a282e054d52e53.jpg

An interesting ploy - Getting tax payers and customers to pay your employee wages .

Cutting pay and hours has worked well for other rw employers but my bet is that others will follow WalMart's example.

Be sure to do your part to keep China green and help drive out those damn Mom and Pop stores - Shop WalMart.

The truth is:

Lundberg said Walmart has a company-wide program called The Associates in Critical Need Trust that is a non-profit 501(c)(3) to provide financial assistance to associates who are experiencing hardship. Associates can donate to the trust, either through a payroll deduction or voluntary, direct contributions. In 2008, the trust made more than 160 grants to Walmart associates every week. "Since its inception, more than 50,000 associates have sought help through the trust for themselves and their families this way," Walmart says on its website.

Yes, even WalMart employees have hardships.

Be sure to do your part to keep China green and help drive out those damn Mom and Pop stores - Shop WalMart.
I have no more loyalty to a Mom and Pop I don't know who pay their employees shit wages than I do to a large chain that pays their employees shit wages.

Number 1: it's Cleveland, what a shit hole on the ass of the earth.
Number 2: It's fucking Wal-Mart.
Number 3: I don't give a shit.

The truth is:

Lundberg said Walmart has a company-wide program called The Associates in Critical Need Trust that is a non-profit 501(c)(3) to provide financial assistance to associates who are experiencing hardship. Associates can donate to the trust, either through a payroll deduction or voluntary, direct contributions. In 2008, the trust made more than 160 grants to Walmart associates every week. "Since its inception, more than 50,000 associates have sought help through the trust for themselves and their families this way," Walmart says on its website.

They wouldn't have any hardships if the rich snobs would pay them a decent wage.

Maybe the radical left thinks we are all as ignorant as they are. "Associates in Need" is a Walmart sponsored organization dedicated to helping people in need. The Walmart Corp pays a lot of taxes. I wonder if left wing tax exempt propaganda sources like Media Matters try to help the needy.

Walmart employee Thanksgiving donations at Canton store cause controversy | cleveland.com

An interesting ploy - Getting tax payers and customers to pay your employee wages .

Cutting pay and hours has worked well for other rw employers but my bet is that others will follow WalMart's example.

Give or don't. At least they are working and not on the government dole.

The truth is:

Especially WalMart employees.

Okay so now that you've admitted giving is not your strength, what's your point?

Amazing, how in the world do you justify this is a neg?

Seriously, what happened to you that you are such a hater?

Was it that hard to figure out?

I realize you didn't know they are the largest retailer in the world, what a coincidence...
No one who works should have to depend on public assistance to eat.

Great concept, problem is it's not realistic...

The good in this is very clear, they want to help their coworkers in need, get it?

You ought to try it...

There is no better feeling on earth than to give...

The secret is giving with no strings attached...

Is this really a foreign concept for you???

Do you even read the links you post?

"They set the tub up for associates and managers to donate items for associates for things beyond their control," Lundberg said. "It shows these associates care for each other. This isn't every day run of the mill stuff -- maybe a spouse has lost a job or lost a loved one, or maybe a natural disaster has hit."

The bins in an employee-only area of the Atlantic Boulevard store are labeled “Please Donate Food Items Here, so Associates in Need Can Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner.” A worker at the store took photos of the setup and sent them to OUR Walmart, a group that pushes for higher wages and respectful conditions for Walmart employees.

Both stories point out that it is in an employee only area, and that they are not asking customers for donations. I guess that makes this whole thread a lie.

The truth is:

They wouldn't have any hardships if the rich snobs would pay them a decent wage.

That was even dumber than Luddly.

"There's one lady in the store I talked to last week and she was helped out by this program last year," Lundberg said. "The situation came because she stopped receiving child support payments. Nobody plans for that. This store rallied around it."

The truth is:

It was that way until about the time Reagan got to the White House.
Until then a single worker could support a family, own a house and send kids to college.

Maybe the radical left thinks we are all as ignorant as they are. "Associates in Need" is a Walmart sponsored organization dedicated to helping people in need. The Walmart Corp pays a lot of taxes. I wonder if left wing tax exempt propaganda sources like Media Matters try to help the needy.

'The Walmart Corp pays a lot of taxes', Really?

In 2012, Walmart income was 446.95B, of which they paid 5.34B in domestic taxes. I'll bet their effective rate is less than yours.

Forum List

Back