Want gun control? Fight smart.

AR 15 s Are not hunting long guns

I beg to differ

post-2786-0-79760900-1348023679.jpg

.223 is an excellent hunting round.
Yeah, .223 is very good for hunting very large squirrels too...

pls_squirrel2.jpg

I would love to know what law would have stopped that kid from shooting up the school.
The law that says a person can't buy a hand gun until they are 21, should have included semi automatics like the AR15.
18 year olds love to hunt. I am sure they appreciate you stripping their freedoms for being COMPLETELY innocent.
Even if, he would have just used something else. So, what kind of law would have stopped him from shooting up that school?
AR 15 s Are not hunting long guns.
They are rifles. Maybe what you should have said was "ban the ar15"
He would have just used another gun. SO, what law would have stopped him from shooting up the school?

What law prevents you from beating up someone?

For any of you who jumped in on this with my half a thread, OL the Techno Idiot had some difficulties posting this OP. It's all there now, for any who wondered what I was babbling about.

I would love to know what law would have stopped that kid from shooting up the school.
Well there was one law back during Jimmy Carters regime, and that was to allow insane people back into society. That right there started the closing of asylums that would of kept people who want to hurt themselves and others.

Jimmy Carter: Mental Health Systems Legislation Message to the Congress Transmitting the Proposed Legislation.
I am today submitting to Congress the Mental Health Systems Act. This proposed legislation establishes a new partnership between the federal government and the states in the planning 'and provision of mental health services. It seeks to assure that the chronically mentally ill no longer face the cruel alternative of unnecessary institutionalization or inadequate care in the community.
When these sick people were allowed out of the institution, soon there were razor blades in apples and needles in candy bars at Halloween. And the rest is history....Liberal compassion ends up killing people...
Mental health laws wouldnt have stopped this guy either. He was apparently OKd by the FBI (or did they just forget?) AND the state welfare office. The childrens office deemed him perfectly sane.
WRONG! The FBI does not legislate.....welfare workers do not legislate....it takes the gov't to legislate mental illness as a reason to deny their gun purchase.

The law that says a person can't buy a hand gun until they are 21, should have included semi automatics like the AR15.
18 year olds love to hunt. I am sure they appreciate you stripping their freedoms for being COMPLETELY innocent.
Even if, he would have just used something else. So, what kind of law would have stopped him from shooting up that school?
He would have just used another gun. SO, what law would have stopped him from shooting up the school?

The same laws that prevent LEGAL citizens from shooting another person. But damn those liberals who never follow the fucking law..

California Senate's Top Gun Control Advocate Arrested In Firearms Trafficking Plot | HuffPost
California state Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) — one of the state’s strongest advocates for gun control — was arrested Wednesday on charges that include scheming to defraud citizens of honest services and conspiracy to illegally traffic firearms.

Yee, 65, was seized at his home during a string of raids that capped an FBI public corruption probe. The San Francisco investigation focused on Raymond “Shrimp Boy” Chow, who federal authorities said is the leader of Chee Kung Tong, or CKT, a social organization involved in what an FBI affidavit calls “criminal enterprise.”

They are rifles. Maybe what you should have said was "ban the ar15"?
I DID SAY THAT.......You need more coffee!:lol:
So, what kind of law would have stopped him from shooting up that school? You keep ignoring that question.

Well there was one law back during Jimmy Carters regime, and that was to allow insane people back into society. That right there started the closing of asylums that would of kept people who want to hurt themselves and others.

Jimmy Carter: Mental Health Systems Legislation Message to the Congress Transmitting the Proposed Legislation.
I am today submitting to Congress the Mental Health Systems Act. This proposed legislation establishes a new partnership between the federal government and the states in the planning 'and provision of mental health services. It seeks to assure that the chronically mentally ill no longer face the cruel alternative of unnecessary institutionalization or inadequate care in the community.
When these sick people were allowed out of the institution, soon there were razor blades in apples and needles in candy bars at Halloween. And the rest is history....Liberal compassion ends up killing people...
Mental health laws wouldnt have stopped this guy either. He was apparently OKd by the FBI (or did they just forget?) AND the state welfare office. The childrens office deemed him perfectly sane.
What I heard over the weekend was about a kid who had explosive moments. He was always calm enough when the police or social workers arrived to be deemed "not a threat." He lived with the new family for over three months and was quiet, polite and followed all their rules. He was loving to their animals. What was happening in his mind, he kept to himself all too well.
The FBI did "forget," but he may well have bullshitted his way out of that interview, too.
He had ten guns. Why did he choose the AR-15? We all know why.
Because its awesome, thats why. But banning that gun probably wouldnt have stopped him, would it?

WRONG! The FBI does not legislate.....welfare workers do not legislate....it takes the gov't to legislate mental illness as a reason to deny their gun purchase.
The reason why Democrats wont put people with mental illness away. 47% of the voters would suddenly be taken out of the polls.

f07c66b66978438ac438a7cc1ba81a61.jpg

No law prevents that. Im not in to hurting people.

For any of you who jumped in on this with my half a thread, OL the Techno Idiot had some difficulties posting this OP. It's all there now, for any who wondered what I was babbling about.
Yes thank you for clarifying your babble with David Brooks and his heartwarming respect message along with your heartwarming wisdom of whippersnappers in mourning message. :uhh:

Well a 18 year old can go to war and risk his life so I agree with you there..but a 18 year old who's brain isn't developed yet ( the part where we weigh in consequence) is not developed yet..

Why does he need an assault rifle at 18 ?

What I heard over the weekend was about a kid who had explosive moments. He was always calm enough when the police or social workers arrived to be deemed "not a threat." He lived with the new family for over three months and was quiet, polite and followed all their rules. He was loving to their animals. What was happening in his mind, he kept to himself all too well.
The FBI did "forget," but he may well have bullshitted his way out of that interview, too.
Because its awesome, thats why. But banning that gun probably wouldnt have stopped him, would it?
7 Reasons Why An Assault Weapons Ban Will Fail to Reduce Violent Crime
With Vice President Joe Biden's gun control task force looking to present their list of recommendations on gun policy to President Obama, there is discussion that a reinstatement of an Assault Weapons Ban is included on that list.

Here, however, we'll discuss seven reasons why an Assault Weapons Ban should not be a part of that discussion.

Also all he had to do was tell the gun owner that he didn't have mental illness and he said no...what is wrong with that?
Perhaps this would have exposed him. He was clearly a troubled person with a past.

No, he would have used another gun but not been able to mow down as many as fast. Banning AR-15's is not about total gun peace. It's about harm reduction.

Jesus.. my point was, he was evaluated and he was deemed perfectly fine and not a danger to the public.
Some Mental illness IS a reason.. WTF are you talking about?

Also all he had to do was tell the gun owner that he didn't have mental illness and he said no...what is wrong with that?
Perhaps this would have exposed him. He was clearly a troubled person with a past.

The proposed Cornyn legislation strengthening the existing background check program would be a great way to start. I can't believe that stuff isn't already IN the law.
Start somewhere.

Forum List

Back