Want gun control? Fight smart.

You realize, of course, that hunting has frak all to do with the 2nd Amendment.
Try reading all of the remarks. I'm responding to OP's assertion that nobody hunts with an AR15.
The general response is, yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting. That is all I'm saying.
Yes. A tiny number of hunters you spoke with don't happen to choose an AR15 to hunt with means pretty much nothing.
To be fair, there isnt much logic at all being applied to the gun debate.

It depends what degree he/she had..Very little time on psychology/ looks like no education on addiction here is the link..I will look later on the social workers crediticials who saw him..I am busy today.
This is for Texas..so I will also look for florida requirements.

Degree Requirements – Steve Hicks School of Social Work – University of Texas
Awesome. Although you probably should have already known, considering you were passing it off as fact..

Remember when that racist ran over that girl at a NAZI rally? Do you remember people blamed him and his group and not the car? JW

It’s like you don’t understand that objects have purposes. The purpose of guns is to kill living beings.
ahh yes, inanimate objects. Say, dont they need a human to work? I mean, they arent AI or anything are they? :aargh:

Remember when that racist ran over that girl at a NAZI rally? Do you remember people blamed him and his group and not the car? JW

It’s like you don’t understand that objects have purposes. The purpose of guns is to kill living beings.
ahh yes, inanimate objects. Say, dont they need a human to work? I mean, they arent AI or anything are they? :aargh:

That goes without saying.

But your comparison to someone who used a car is stupid. Cars are tools of transportation. Guns are tools of killing.

The purpose of a gun is to accurately propel a projectile at a chosen target.

That target is chosen not by the gun but the person firing it.

But your comparison to someone who used a car is stupid. Cars are tools of transportation. Guns are tools of killing.
Why are you trying to spin inconsistency? Isnt very honest of you, my dear.

The general response is, yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting. That is all I'm saying.

I don't care if one can or cannot hunt with an AR-15 (and its variants). I know one can fatally shoot lots of people with one, even if one can't kill anything else with an AR-15, and judging by the weapons actually used in mass shootings since 2012 or so, it's the firearm of choice among the wackos who commit such crimes. Why is it that wackos so often use/have AR-15-like firearms to commit their crimes? I don't know; presumably for the same reason(s) AR-15 and its variants are America's most popular rifle in the U.S.
When Bill Cinton banned the AR-15 columbine high school shooting happened. Didn't do squat. Of course Columbine was a gun free zone, but alas stupid people actually believe that EVIL people wont bring their guns there. In my area, schools don't have to worry about people with guns and teachers are allowed to carry. Feeling lucky punk!!!!

when-seconds-count-the-police-are-only-minutes-away-n.jpg
Bill Cinton banned the AR-15 columbine high school shooting happened. Didn't do squat.

2016-04-20-1461173878-6982193-MassShootings1973to2015Chart-thumb.jpg

2016-04-20-1461173795-9577688-MassShootings1973to2015Table.jpg

laura-conaway2ABFD61D-D27D-1708-BAD0-F56125CDE611.jpg

Mass shooting deaths held steady for the ten year period covered by the ban, and then after the ban, the rate and quantity of mass shooting events and deaths, both, have increased dramatically. Sorry, but I but, I'd that looks like and is "squat."

But I hear they got "bought out" by the gun manufacturers somewhere down the line, who of course had the profit motive alone on their minds.
The NRA now receive around half their revenue from the firearms industry.

Unfortunately, this has drifted far from the main premise of the thread.

If we treat each other as labels, it’s not productive. If we treat each other as people, maybe we can find some common ground.

How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/

While that is still part of the organisation’s core function, today less than half of the NRA’s revenues come from program fees and membership dues.

The bulk of the group’s money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.

yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting.
No surprise that. On several hunting enthusiast sites one finds lists of the editors' top pics for deer hunting.
Of all the rifles mentioned, only once is an AR-15 variant cited as among the best rifles for hunting deer.

I also checked a few sites/listings focused on big game hunting. Again, the AR-15 ilk of guns didn't appear.
So while one may or may not be able to use an AR-15-like rifle for hunting, there are plenty of alternatives up and down the the price spectrum.

Why not hunt with a bow or crossbow instead?

Really?

over the last 50 years of owning approximately 100 firearms, not one of them has killed anyone.

Squirrels, rabbits, etc, yes..

but not one human

yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting.
No surprise that. On several hunting enthusiast sites one finds lists of the editors' top pics for deer hunting.
Of all the rifles mentioned, only once is an AR-15 variant cited as among the best rifles for hunting deer.

I also checked a few sites/listings focused on big game hunting. Again, the AR-15 ilk of guns didn't appear.
So while one may or may not be able to use an AR-15-like rifle for hunting, there are plenty of alternatives up and down the the price spectrum.

Why not hunt with a bow or crossbow instead?
Why don't you ride a horse to work?
Why don't you dig a well and haul water up by hand?

Forum List

Back