Want gun control? Fight smart.

I don't deign to tell other what they need or don't need, unlike you.

You're the one telling everyone they need guns to feel safe. So shut the fuck up, Karen.

Why hunt with a bow when a rifle is more accurate and I will argue more humane ?

More humane? Not so. The lead in the bullets and ammo you use pollutes the environment, and toxifies your target. Also, accuracy is reflected in your skill, not in the weapon used. So if you cannot accurately shoot a bow, that's because you lack the skill to do so. You can improve your skill by going to the bow range, just as you improve your skill going to the gun range.

And how is it any of your business what weapon a person chooses to hunt with?

Fuck you, that's why.

One can buy lead free ammo.

I have no desire to shoot a bow. So fuck you.

ahh yes, inanimate objects. Say, dont they need a human to work? I mean, they arent AI or anything are they? :aargh:

That goes without saying.

But your comparison to someone who used a car is stupid. Cars are tools of transportation. Guns are tools of killing.
Why are you trying to spin inconsistency? Isnt very honest of you, my dear.

I’m not inconsistent.

I don’t blame the tools, I blame the person.

That doesn’t mean I’ll give a car to a blind person and let them decide if they’ll drive it, and I wouldn’t give a gun to a violent person and trust they won’t shoot people.
I wasnt calling you inconsistent. I was calling the rhetoric inconsistent. You were just spinning for it.

It’s called a discussion.

Do try to keep up.

And I’m ALWAYS honest.
Spinning inconsistencies isnt much of a discussion. Low bar, ey?

1. Why isn't all ammo not lead based?
2. "Can" doesn't equal "will".

So it's not about necessity, it's about your personal desire. Well, your personal desire means jack shit to me or anyone else, and since you're saying it's your desire to use a gun, then that means your right isn't a right, but a privilege.

yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting.
No surprise that. On several hunting enthusiast sites one finds lists of the editors' top pics for deer hunting.
Of all the rifles mentioned, only once is an AR-15 variant cited as among the best rifles for hunting deer.

I also checked a few sites/listings focused on big game hunting. Again, the AR-15 ilk of guns didn't appear.
So while one may or may not be able to use an AR-15-like rifle for hunting, there are plenty of alternatives up and down the the price spectrum.

AR-15s are not really good weapons for deer hunting. They are fine for smaller animals such as young hogs, wolves and coyotes.

Why would it need to?
Because a well regulated militia is the Constitutional reason for the right to bear arms not being infringed.

no...

the Right of the People , not the militia, to keep and bear arms is what the 2nd is about.

That interpretation is only recent to 2008, took a 5-4 Conservative majority vote to get it, and for the 230 years prior, was never the case.

That 'interpretation' is something anyone old enough to read sees.

"Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

You might want to look up what the militia makeup was, in those days.

no females, no males under the age of 16, no males over the age of 45. (57 in some states)

YOUR definition would have prevented quite a few people the right to have arms.

Unfortunately, this has drifted far from the main premise of the thread.

If we treat each other as labels, it’s not productive. If we treat each other as people, maybe we can find some common ground.
I think people have been doing a good job, which I appreciate. Good for USMB, anyway.

yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting.
No surprise that. On several hunting enthusiast sites one finds lists of the editors' top pics for deer hunting.
Of all the rifles mentioned, only once is an AR-15 variant cited as among the best rifles for hunting deer.

I also checked a few sites/listings focused on big game hunting. Again, the AR-15 ilk of guns didn't appear.
So while one may or may not be able to use an AR-15-like rifle for hunting, there are plenty of alternatives up and down the the price spectrum.
AR-15s are not really good weapons for deer hunting. They are fine for smaller animals such as young hogs, wolves and coyotes.
Much evidence indicates they are fine too for killing human-sized animals, most notably humans.

That goes without saying.

But your comparison to someone who used a car is stupid. Cars are tools of transportation. Guns are tools of killing.
Why are you trying to spin inconsistency? Isnt very honest of you, my dear.

I’m not inconsistent.

I don’t blame the tools, I blame the person.

That doesn’t mean I’ll give a car to a blind person and let them decide if they’ll drive it, and I wouldn’t give a gun to a violent person and trust they won’t shoot people.
I wasnt calling you inconsistent. I was calling the rhetoric inconsistent. You were just spinning for it.

It’s called a discussion.

Do try to keep up.

And I’m ALWAYS honest.
Spinning inconsistencies isnt much of a discussion. Low bar, ey?

Dude, you’re the one who began comparing cars and guns. If there are inconsistencies, they’re yours.

the Right of the People ,
Because a well regulated militia is necessary for the security of a free state. That's ok, like Scalia you can pretend that doesn't exist. Except it does.

then why doesn't it say,

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the MILITIA to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

1. Why isn't all ammo not lead based?
2. "Can" doesn't equal "will".

So it's not about necessity, it's about your personal desire. Well, your personal desire means jack shit to me or anyone else, and since you're saying it's your desire to use a gun, then that means your right isn't a right, but a privilege.

Rhetorical questions.

And Let me educate you. I have the right to keep and bear arms. Nowhere is it written I have the right to fire those arms at anything.

When you fire a gun at another person you have to justify that action. If you are going to hunt you have to comply with local laws.

If and when I hunt I prefer to use a rifle or shotgun. I actually prefer hunting fowl because I like working with my dogs in the field. Not that it's any of your fucking business.

That 'interpretation' is something anyone old enough to read sees.

No, it's not.

It's only an interpretation recent to 2008, and it was a reversal of every single other lower court ruling. It took a 5-4 Conservative majority to undo law that had been upheld by every single lower court.

Gun control is such a typically trite and meaningless prog solution to a serious problem. Only the law abiding citizen will follow these laws, old and new. The end result is that only criminals will have guns.

Unfortunately, this has drifted far from the main premise of the thread.

If we treat each other as labels, it’s not productive. If we treat each other as people, maybe we can find some common ground.

The people I respect don't have pussies on their heads.

The .223 calibre is okay for the animals you mention, the AR is a crap hunting platform.

Forum List

Back