Want gun control? Fight smart.

Remember when that racist ran over that girl at a NAZI rally? Do you remember people blamed him and his group and not the car? JW

It’s like you don’t understand that objects have purposes. The purpose of guns is to kill living beings.
ahh yes, inanimate objects. Say, dont they need a human to work? I mean, they arent AI or anything are they? :aargh:

That goes without saying.

But your comparison to someone who used a car is stupid. Cars are tools of transportation. Guns are tools of killing.

Really?

over the last 50 years of owning approximately 100 firearms, not one of them has killed anyone.

Squirrels, rabbits, etc, yes..

but not one human

...yet.

Until it does.

Or until one of those guns is stolen, which happens to 230,000 guns a year on average.

Why don't you ride a horse to work?
Why don't you dig a well and haul water up by hand?

So you are arguing that it's an equal necessity to use an assault weapon to hunt game, as it is to have a car and/or indoor plumbing?

Remember when that racist ran over that girl at a NAZI rally? Do you remember people blamed him and his group and not the car? JW

It’s like you don’t understand that objects have purposes. The purpose of guns is to kill living beings.
ahh yes, inanimate objects. Say, dont they need a human to work? I mean, they arent AI or anything are they? :aargh:

But your comparison to someone who used a car is stupid. Cars are tools of transportation. Guns are tools of killing.

Really?

over the last 50 years of owning approximately 100 firearms, not one of them has killed anyone.

but not one human

...yet.

Until it does.

Or until one of those guns is stolen, which happens to 230,000 guns a year on average.

And you haven't raped a little boy...............................yet

Really?

but not one human

...yet.

Until it does.

We should make a law making stealing illegal then. That'll stop it

Why are you trying to spin inconsistency? Isnt very honest of you, my dear.

I’m not inconsistent.

I don’t blame the tools, I blame the person.

That doesn’t mean I’ll give a car to a blind person and let them decide if they’ll drive it, and I wouldn’t give a gun to a violent person and trust they won’t shoot people.

Why don't you ride a horse to work?
Why don't you dig a well and haul water up by hand?

So you are arguing that it's an equal necessity to use an assault weapon to hunt game, as it is to have a car and/or indoor plumbing?

I don't deign to tell other what they need or don't need, unlike you.

Why hunt with a bow when a rifle is more accurate and I will argue more humane ?

And how is it any of your business what weapon a person chooses to hunt with?

Really?

but not one human

...yet.

Until it does.

IF it does, it will be in self defense.

I’m not inconsistent.

That doesn’t mean I’ll give a car to a blind person and let them decide if they’ll drive it, and I wouldn’t give a gun to a violent person and trust they won’t shoot people.
I wasnt calling you inconsistent. I was calling the rhetoric inconsistent. You were just spinning for it.

And you haven't raped a little boy...............................yet

This is the mentality of gun owners, by the way. This is what they think about when they're not touching themselves to their guns.
Hey you're the one who implies that all gun owners haven't killed anyone .....................yet. not me

So if you are going to be consistent in your view of others you have to accept what I said as fact

Really?

but not one human

Ummm.

I didn’t specify killing people.

And before you leap to more conclusions, I’m not anti-hunting.

yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting.
No surprise that. On several hunting enthusiast sites one finds lists of the editors' top pics for deer hunting.
Of all the rifles mentioned, only once is an AR-15 variant cited as among the best rifles for hunting deer.

I also checked a few sites/listings focused on big game hunting. Again, the AR-15 ilk of guns didn't appear.
So while one may or may not be able to use an AR-15-like rifle for hunting, there are plenty of alternatives up and down the the price spectrum.

not hunt with a bow or crossbow instead?
Either sounds like a fine option to me. Bow and arrow arms are means humanity used successfully for a vital purpose, literally to put food on the table, for thousands of years.

khoisanbowarrow-300x225.jpg

I don't deign to tell other what they need or don't need, unlike you.

You're the one telling everyone they need guns to feel safe. So shut the fuck up, Karen.

Why hunt with a bow when a rifle is more accurate and I will argue more humane ?

More humane? Not so. The lead in the bullets and ammo you use pollutes the environment, and toxifies your target. Also, accuracy is reflected in your skill, not in the weapon used. So if you cannot accurately shoot a bow, that's because you lack the skill to do so. You can improve your skill by going to the bow range, just as you improve your skill going to the gun range.

And how is it any of your business what weapon a person chooses to hunt with?

Fuck you, that's why. Because you "responsible gun owners" can't seem to keep track of your weapons. As many as 600,000 are stolen every year from people just like you.

I’m not inconsistent.

I wasnt calling you inconsistent. I was calling the rhetoric inconsistent. You were just spinning for it.

It’s called a discussion.

Do try to keep up.

And I’m ALWAYS honest.

Forum List

Back