Want universal background checks? A question....

It's obvious that gun nuts are afraid - because they know they have no reasonable argument against universal background checks. It's just a matter of time...
Oh look -- a lie. From an anti-gun loon, one shoudl expect no less.

You know as well as I do that this board is replete with reasonable arguments universal background checks, not the least of which is that they are impossible to enforce.

So are speed limits. What's your point?

You can think they were reasonable all you want. That doesn't make it true.

Your arguments mean absolutely nothing. It won't stop background checks. Especially when the issue is before the people and not politicians.
You do understand that the constitution trumps the will of the people -- right?

You do understand that the constitution does not look fondly upon ineffectual restrictions placed on the exercise of a right - that is if a law cannot be enforced, there's no rational basis for the restrction that said law creates -- right?

Actually, you probably don't.

Last edited:
Your'e right, I meant UBCs not registration.
And its' still a fail.
How will UBCs keep guns out of anyone's hands? Just answer that.

It's obvious that gun nuts are afraid - because they know they have no reasonable argument against universal background checks. It's just a matter of time...

You know as well as I do that this board is replete with reasonable arguments universal background checks, not the least of which is that they are impossible to enforce.
So are speed limits. What's your point?
:doh:
Speed limits are enforced thousands of times per day

That they are enforced only proves that they, like all other laws, especially criminal laws, exist to punish those who take an action rather than prevent that action.

You choose to argue a fallacy; in doing so, you choose to fail. Every time.

I'm not an anti gun loon. I grew up with them. I know what they're for and what they do. My mom's side of the family are avid hunters. I grew up with all sorts of different animal meat in our freezer. I personally wouldn't eat most of it but the rest of my family did. I did eat the seafood. Salmon fishing is a serious sport here.

I support background checks for all sales of guns.

I have absolutely no problem with you having all the guns to your little heart's desire. Just as long as you're within our laws. That includes a background check.

Go blast away at your targets or go hunting. I will defend your right to do that.

I don't want criminals to have a gun.

It's as simple as that.

I'm not an anti gun loon. I grew up with them. I know what they're for and what they do. My mom's side of the family are avid hunters. I grew up with all sorts of different animal meat in our freezer. I personally wouldn't eat most of it but the rest of my family did. I did eat the seafood. Salmon fishing is a serious sport here.

I have absolutely no problem with you having all the guns to your little heart's desire. Just as long as you're within our laws. That includes a background check.

Go blast away at your targets or go hunting. I will defend your right to do that.

It's as simple as that.
How will universal background checks precent criminals from having guns? Just answer that.

It's as simple as that.

Nor do we want mentally ill people to have guns.

It's as simple as that.

Nor do we want mentally ill people to have guns.
So turn yours in.

It's as simple as that.
How will universal background checks precent criminals from having guns? Just answer that.

How will speed limits prevent speeders from breaking the law? Just answer that.

Nor do we want mentally ill people to have guns
You need to change state and federal law then, because it isn't illegal for "mentally ill" people to buy/own/possess guns. That change needs to be in compliance with the 5th amendment's guarantee of due process.
Better get started.

Last edited:
You can think they were reasonable all you want. That doesn't make it true.

Your arguments mean absolutely nothing. It won't stop background checks. Especially when the issue is before the people and not politicians.
You do understand that the constitution trumps the will of the people -- right?

You do understand that the constitution does not look fondly upon ineffectual restrictions placed on the exercise of a right - that is if a law cannot be enforced, there's no rational basis for the restrction that said law creates -- right?

Actually, you probably don't.

Background checks aren't a violation of the constitution.

If they were then they wouldn't have been happening all these years.

Some judges just ruled in June that Colorado's background check law is constitutional.

Addressing expanded background checks, Krieger, who was nominated to the court by President George W. Bush, ruled that if the government has the power to regulate sales from gun dealers, then "that same power to regulate should extend to non-commercial transactions, lest the loophole swallow the regulatory purpose.

She said requiring background checks for private transactions, whether in person or over the Internet, "does not prevent a person otherwise permitted to obtain a firearm from acquiring one, nor subject that person to any greater burdens than he or she would face if acquiring the weapon commercially.

"Nothing in the Second Amendment can be read to suggest that a permissible burden on commercial sales of firearms cannot similarly be extended to apply to those acquiring firearms by loan."

U.S. judge upholds Colorado gun restrictions

It's as simple as that.

If they can't pass the background check then they can't get the gun.

Many will find another way but if that law prevents even one person from going into a mall or school or movie theater and murdering a lot of innocent people, then that law is worth it.

I see this law as a way to find people who sell guns to criminals. No it won't stop all criminals but it will stop some. It will also help police put those who sell guns to criminals in prison so they can't sell guns to criminals anymore.

Forum List

Back