Was there any wickedness in Babylon?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
The Bible repeatedly mentions Babylon as a city of sin. However, I have not seen evidence of this in objective sources. It looks like slander.

Nimrod and his Ho- Semiramis - created the first false religion. Yeah, I'd say Babylon was - and IS - evil. Babylon today seems to be America. If so, her judgment will be with fire and it will fall "in one hour". Gee, I wonder what that could mean?

• Banned
This is also doubtful for the reason that Babylon, together with Media, destroyed Assyria, and Assyria was a state of slavery and debauchery. Babylon does not look like a kingdom of evil, by all indications it was a righteous kingdom

Remember the Tower of Babel story. In those days, God(s) were thought to dwell on the mountains, close to the heavens. The Tower in Babylon was built to draw God(s) down from the heavens onto earth.

In those days world rulers and leaders were called 'Sons of God(s)'. According to the Israelite accounts, Yahweh was displeased with the human plan to bring God(s) down to their level. Yahweh was determined to separate His love of people for the people from the ruler's (Sons of God) love of their nation building.

From out of this chaos (Mesopotamia) he called Abram to form a people set apart from the nations. He alone would be their God and give their loyalty. For the time being, the nations would be left to themselves and to rulers of men.

• Banned
Remember the Tower of Babel story. In those days, God(s) were thought to dwell on the mountains, close to the heavens. The Tower in Babylon was built to draw God(s) down from the heavens onto earth.

In those days world rulers and leaders were called 'Sons of God(s)'. According to the Israelite accounts, Yahweh was displeased with the human plan to bring God(s) down to their level. Yahweh was determined to separate His love of people for the people from the ruler's (Sons of God) love of their nation building.

From out of this chaos (Mesopotamia) he called Abram to form a people set apart from the nations. He alone would be their God and give their loyalty. For the time being, the nations would be left to themselves and to rulers of men.
That is, God was afraid of people?

It's funny.

As a matter of fact, the fact that they wanted to bring God down from the mountains does not mean that they were bad and depraved.

But this is all biblical mythology, you need to confirm this by other sources. There is none of them.

That is, God was afraid of people?
Far from it. It is more that the more people try to bring God down to their own level, the further they stray from God.

God wished to draw people up to Him, so He left those who were seeking the former option to themselves while He separated a tribe of people to draw up to Himself.

As a matter of fact, the fact that they wanted to bring God down from the mountains does not mean that they were bad and depraved.
I am not arguing that they were bad and depraved--only that they chose the wrong way to go about achieving a goal. I am sure some of the people had very good intentions of being closer to God. I am equally sure that others wanted God on their own side as a way to increase their own power.

• Banned
Far from it. It is more that the more people try to bring God down to their own level, the further they stray from God.

God wished to draw people up to Him, so He left those who were seeking the former option to themselves while He separated a tribe of people to draw up to Himself.
He himself reduced himself to the level of people. He wanted them to be his slaves, his image in the Bible is anthropomorphic, God is jealous, he tried to hide the tree of knowledge from people, and so on. To the extent that he did not want to sniff poop and ordered to carry a spatula to bury them.

But this is all biblical mythology, you need to confirm this by other sources. There is none of them.
I tend to go with Biblical research including the history, culture, and languages of those times. Over the years I have done a lot of research, but I did not keep a bibliography of everything and everyone I studied. It is enough to know that none of this came from a manufacturing plant in my own mind. Anyone who has the time and inclination can do their own research--and if they do have the time and inclination, they should.

This forum is simply a site where we can share different perspectives of what we have learned in each of our own various studies. All I do is give a summary of what I have come across over time. There is no need for anyone to accept it as gospel (so-to-speak).

He himself reduced himself to the level of people. He wanted them to be his slaves, his image in the Bible is anthropomorphic, God is jealous, he tried to hide the tree of knowledge from people, and so on. To the extent that he did not want to sniff poop and ordered to carry a spatula to bury them.
Interesting perspective, but not one everyone accepts.

on the mountains
By the way, an interesting coincidence. In Indo-European mythology, Indra kills a Dragon that lives on a mountain. In Slavic mythology, even the name of this Dragon means "The serpent from the mountain".
And where exactly is it written that he lives on the mountain? Can you give a specific quote?

I tend to go with Biblical research including the history, culture, and languages of those times. Over the years I have done a lot of research, but I did not keep a bibliography of everything and everyone I studied. It is enough to know that none of this came from a manufacturing plant in my own mind. Anyone who has the time and inclination can do their own research--and if they do have the time and inclination, they should.

This forum is simply a site where we can share different perspectives of what we have learned in each of our own various studies. All I do is give a summary of what I have come across over time. There is no need for anyone to accept it as gospel (so-to-speak).
There is at least one obvious forgery there. Semiramis was an Assyrian harlot. Apparently she means there.

In general, I have not seen any information about the debauchery of Babylon.

The Jewish tribal god itself could hardly have interested them then, because the Jews were not a powerful people at that time. They could be interested in the gods of Egypt, Assyria or Media, then they were the largest players.

I could, but I am also a teacher who is fond of saying, You can--and should--look it up on your own if you question what I have said.
Well, yes, I remembered that Moses went to get the tablets in the mountains, to Sinai. True Sinai is far from Babylon.

The Jewish tribal god itself could hardly have interested them then, because the Jews were not a powerful people at that time. They could be interested in the gods of Egypt, Assyria or Media, then they were the largest players.
If you are speaking of the time period in which the tower was built, there was no Jewish tribe at that time. That came later.

The Bible repeatedly mentions Babylon as a city of sin. However, I have not seen evidence of this in objective sources. It looks like slander.
History shows Nebuchadnezzar was an evil warrior-king, a smash and grab military leader of the Neo-Babylonian empire who ruled
from 605 – 562 BCE.
Greece and Israel affected by these military grabs deemed them cruel and evil.
Then came Belshazadar just as vicious a conquerer.
Saddam was admittingly emulating Nebuchadnezzar as Uday inspired to be Belshazadar, so wouldn't you call Saddam and his Build Back Babylon plan sinful?
HOW about his son Uday?
Isaiah's predictions of the imminent fall of Babylon and his glorification of Cyrus as the deliverer (HaSheva) of Israel date his prophecies to 550–539 BCE, and probably towards the end of this period.

ONCE AGAIN prophecy is 3 layers:
the historical, the repeat history emulation, the spiritual emulation or resemblance.
ONCE AGAIN: example I'll leave is
Isaiah 14:12-17
The historical reference is Nebuchadnezzar, the underlining spiritual reference is Jesus (morning stars) fall, and repeat emulation in history was Saddam and his fall deshevelled found in a pit the earth shook from the bombs and leaders asked if this worn out bearded man was that same force of chaos. He was found in his pit on the 14th day of Dec=Isaiah 14:12
(in that part of the world as in Europe they write the day first then the month, that's why something so blatantly obvious escaped everyone.)

Isaiah's predictions of the imminent fall of Babylon and his glorification of Cyrus as the deliverer (HaSheva) of Israel date his prophecies to 550–539 BCE, and probably towards the end of this period.
There is also nonsense about Cyrus. I recently read about him. In general, he was not a Persian, he was the grandson of the Median king Astyages, under the influence of some Persian eunuch, he organized a coup, and betrayed the Median kingdom to the Persis.
Moreover, at that time, apparently Babylon as a separate kingdom was no longer there
PS Oops. It was, there was a New Babylonian kingdom

Map-of-the-babylonian-empire-from-themaparchive-2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back