Was Trayvon Martin a burglar?

Are the loot and burglar tools found in Trayvon's locker relevant to the case?

• YES. It shows why he might attack a neighborhood watchman

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • NO, its only about how he died.

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • other, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....

You walk down the street. You have just turned 17. It's nearly an hour after dark. You went to get some Skittles and an Ice Tea before a game on TV. An armed man starts following you. You run off. After you lost the guy, you stop to call your girlfriend to tell her about the man who was stalking you. He catches up. He stops you and shoots you because you wore a hoodie.

But it's OK. White wingers send the guy with the gun hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense. If you can't shoot an unarmed 17 year old black, they'll probably tell you your not supposed to shoot anybody. That's just not right.

Some say "Trayvon didnt know he was armed".

We dont know that. GZ said to 911 "These guys always get away". He was frustrated. When he confronted Trayvon, could he have flashed or presented the gun to try to scare him into staying while police come?

If so, could Trayvon have "Stood his ground" and began fighting for his life?

Cant know. Trayvon is dead.

It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....

You walk down the street. You have just turned 17. It's nearly an hour after dark. You went to get some Skittles and an Ice Tea before a game on TV. An armed man starts following you. You run off. After you lost the guy, you stop to call your girlfriend to tell her about the man who was stalking you. He catches up. He stops you and shoots you because you wore a hoodie.

But it's OK. White wingers send the guy with the gun hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense. If you can't shoot an unarmed 17 year old black, they'll probably tell you your not supposed to shoot anybody. That's just not right.

We dont know that. GZ said to 911 "These guys always get away". He was frustrated. When he confronted Trayvon, could he have flashed or presented the gun to try to scare him into staying while police come?

Trayvon was a street thug and a mugger. Deal with it. Zimmerman was prepared. Good for Zimmerman.

Trayvon was a street thug and a mugger. Deal with it. Zimmerman was prepared. Good for Zimmerman.
Indeed. Martin got what he deserved for trying to rob Zimmerman of his liberty.

I dont know what really happened.

But I do know this:

If Im walking home alone, and a stranger WITH A GUN confronts me and tries to keep me from getting home right away, he'll be met with a violent assault.

Thats exactly what happened. A person walking home alone. A man WITH A GUN confronts him, who admittedly hates it when "these guys always get away". Those facts are absolute.

What happened from that point we dont know. Which is partly why Zimmerman had to be found not guilty.

But, could Zimmerman have presented or flashed the gun to keep Trayvon there? Who knows.

Then you would be really stupid. If I were confronted by someone with a gun, I would be doing everything I could to deescalate the situation. Not to perpetuate it. If you would assault a person with a gun, you are REEEEEEEEEEALY dumb.

What if Trayvon was trying to walk away. And GZ, frustrated because "they always get away", wouldnt let him?

Fight or flight. Some beg and plead and try to flee. Others fight.

If someone with a gun confronted you, and YOU had a gun, we hear people all the time say that is the time to shoot and use their gun, not TALK.

Well, without a gun, the only lethal force is mass ass kicking.

MAYBE Travyon did just that.

HOwever, I agree with the decision. With the facts we have, there is absolutely a reasonable doubt of guilt, and I applaud the courage of the jury for coming to that conclusion. It was the right conclusion. NOT for reasons that give merit to GZ or Trayvon's fault. ONLY because there just isn't enough evidence one way or another.

rdean wrote:

This is one reasonable version of what had happened. Here is another:

You are a Hispanic man living in a neighborhood that has a very large problem with young men, many of whom are African-American, breaking into homes at all times of the day or night. You personally have had items stolen from your home in broad daylight. You have seen criminals and reported them to the police only to have them get away. While driving home on a rainy night you see a young, black man meandering through the neighborhood...he is acting strangely and appears to maybe be looking in windows. You call the police. They ask you where the young man is but you have lost him so you go to look for him. You don't want another break-in. But you lose him in the darkness - so you turn to head back to your car. On your way there the young man confronts you. After asking why you are following him you state that you aren't following him, afraid because he is acting confrontational. He punches you in the face, causing you to fall to the ground. He jumps on you and starts banging your head against the sidewalk. You're in pain. You're scared and screaming for help. The young man says, "You're going to die tonight," and in the struggle it feels like hes going for your gun. You reach for it first, pull it up to his chest, and fire. The sound of the gun firing and the shock of what happens stuns you.

Equally plausible based upon the evidence. I don't know if that version is true. I don't know if the version you proffered is true. Both are plausible. A reasonable person could find support for both versions. Hence why the Not Guilty verdict is correct. The Prosecution did NOT do their job of proving that Zimmerman committed murder in the 2nd degree.

But I do know this:

If Im walking home alone, and a stranger WITH A GUN confronts me and tries to keep me from getting home right away, he'll be met with a violent assault.

Thats exactly what happened. A person walking home alone. A man WITH A GUN confronts him, who admittedly hates it when "these guys always get away". Those facts are absolute.

What happened from that point we dont know. Which is partly why Zimmerman had to be found not guilty.

But, could Zimmerman have presented or flashed the gun to keep Trayvon there? Who knows.

Then you would be really stupid. If I were confronted by someone with a gun, I would be doing everything I could to deescalate the situation. Not to perpetuate it. If you would assault a person with a gun, you are REEEEEEEEEEALY dumb.

Not to mention really dead. We know that such unarmed men disarm gunmen every night on television. Otherwise no. Martin obviously thought Zimmerman was unarmed. He thought he would teach him a lesson. Tell him he was gonna die tonight. Put the fear in him. Maybe kill him. No one would know. It would be another body found in the street of a high crime neighborhood.

Except George Zimmerman was armed. If nothing else is taken away from this entire incident, it should be that no one knows who is carrying and who isn't.

But I do know this:

Not to mention really dead. We know that such unarmed men disarm gunmen every night on television. Otherwise no. Martin obviously thought Zimmerman was unarmed. He thought he would teach him a lesson. Tell him he was gonna die tonight. Put the fear in him. Maybe kill him. No one would know. It would be another body found in the street of a high crime neighborhood.

Except George Zimmerman was armed. If nothing else is taken away from this entire incident, it should be that no one knows who is carrying and who isn't.
As it should be. (And you anti-Second Amendment folks take notice)!

gzyuFLH.gif

gzyuFLH.gif
:lol:

Martin's not able to defend himself.

So easy to rip him to shreds.

You know what Trayvon Martin was? 17 and loved.

You know what he is now? Dead.
And I wonder where he will spend his eternity? Some people are loved but get no guidance from those who love them. But then some people get both guidance and love but disregard both.

You know what Trayvon Martin was? 17 and loved.

You know what he is now? Dead.
And I wonder where he will spend his eternity? Some people are loved but get no guidance from those who love them. But then some people get both guidance and love but disregard both.

Some people are just teenagers - foolish and full of crap. Usually, they get to grow up and grow into something better. Sometimes, they don't get that choice.

He did nothing to deserve being killed.

A flathead screwdriver is "burglary tools"? What a pile of racist BS...

OP- Pure horseshytte from the nutter right....How the ignorant become loudmouth hater dupes...The Pub Propaganda machine, a disgrace...

A flathead screwdriver is "burglary tools"? What a pile of racist BS...

OP- Pure horseshytte from the nutter right....How the ignorant become loudmouth hater dupes...The Pub Propaganda machine, a disgrace...

I'm sure he was a handyman. Had lots of tools.

He was a kid who is dead and can't defend himself against these accusations.

Forum List

Back