Was Trayvon Martin a burglar?

Are the loot and burglar tools found in Trayvon's locker relevant to the case?

• YES. It shows why he might attack a neighborhood watchman

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • NO, its only about how he died.

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • other, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....

There is no evidence to suggest he was planning to rob a house that night.

It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

Agreed. Not that night...probably...

If you read up on the Trayvon story there are a few more factoids to consider.
1. The prosecutor hid evidence from Tray's iphone, photos showing loot & drugs
2. There was loot found in his locker at school along with burglar tools
3. There were several burglaries in the area, and GZ had a bike stolen from his front porch
4. If the young thug went about his business he would still be alive, but no, he brutally attacked the neighborhood watchman. Bad idea.
5. The media went nuts like for the Duke Lacross team, getting all ginned-up about the "murder" of a black child, obvious racism?!
6. Note: The "race card" should not (and did not) trump the evidence

I hope GZ sues them for wrongful prosecution, and that Jesse & Al get the "race card" shoved wayyy up their criminal enabling asssses.

Last edited:
When he was killed, he was just a 17 year old walking through a neighborhood. What he was the day before, what he might have been the next day doesn't matter.

Two men made a series of decisions, some of them bad, that ended in tragedy.

When he was killed, he was just a 17 year old walking through a neighborhood. What he was the day before, what he might have been the next day doesn't matter.

He was a mugger. And he was an unsupervised adolescent. Shame on his parents.

An unsupervised adolescent? Shit, I should have been killed hundreds of times over...

Agreed. Not that night...probably...

If you read up on the Trayvon story there are a few more factoids to consider.
1. The prosecutor hid evidence from Tray's iphone, photos showing loot & drugs
2. There was loot found in his locker at school along with burglar tools
3. There were several burglaries in the area, and GZ had a bike stolen from his front porch
4. If the young thug went about his business he would still be alive, but no, he brutally attacked the neighborhood watchman. Bad idea.
5. The media went nuts like for the Duke Lacross team, getting all ginned-up about the "murder" of a black child, obvious racism?!
6. Note: The "race card" should not (and did not) trump the evidence

I hope GZ sues them for wrongful prosecution, and that Jesse & Al get the "race card" shoved wayyy up their criminal enabling asssses.

You forgot #7. A jury of 'emotional women' were not led down the primrose path by the prosecution.

My faith in the system has been restored. In KY as far as I know all we have is the castle doctrine which is a form of it but only protects you in your own home. I am thinking of writing my legislators and asking that stand your ground outside of your own home be adopted for this state as well. I am thinking that case law has upheld stand your ground in KY, but I'm not fur sure at this juncture.

An unsupervised adolescent? Shit, I should have been killed hundreds of times over...

Maybe you should have. Maybe you just chose not to mug someone. Bottom line: It is the responsibility of the parents to supervise their children. I was a single parent and managed to supervise mine. Mine were never out after dark alone like that.

we do not know.

he does not have a clean past history but it does not mean he already was a burglar.

He was, most probably, just looking around. Being curious.

Yet the facts state he was making a purchase of tea and candy. What makes you believe he was probably 'looking' around (inference looking to steal)? Any evidence you can cite, or do you consider a black hoodie and a black face as evidence?

we do not know.

he does not have a clean past history but it does not mean he already was a burglar.

Yet the facts state he was making a purchase of tea and candy. What makes you believe he was probably 'looking' around (inference looking to steal)? Any evidence you can cite, or do you consider a black hoodie and a black face as evidence?

Zimmerman admitted under interrogation the first contact was Martin in someone's side yard, in the rain, in the dark. That is reasonable suspicion to call the cops. Which Zim did.

Maybe you should have. Maybe you just chose not to mug someone. Bottom line: It is the responsibility of the parents to supervise their children. I was a single parent and managed to supervise mine. Mine were never out after dark alone like that.

Wow. I thought you were being facetious...

we do not know.

Zimmerman admitted under interrogation the first contact was Martin in someone's side yard, in the rain, in the dark. That is reasonable suspicion to call the cops. Which Zim did.

And that's where Zimmerman's role in this should have ended. He's a wannabe cop POS who ended the life of a young man.

Trayvon didn't mug anyone. You people are monsters.

I'm simply sick of the desperate attempt to paint the dead kid as evil as possible to justify his death.

Perhaps the confrontation happened exactly as Zimmerman claims, perhaps it happened exactly the way the prosecution claims, or more likely, somewhere in between. Trayvon was still an unarmed 17 year old kid who went out for candy and never came him.

and Im tired of people calling him a kid

That's an out and out lie.

In less than 12 months he'd be a full blown adult

No he would not.

He would not be able to drink or smoke tobacco.

He didn't ?
Then where was Trayvon's broken nose and cuts to the back of his head?

He didn't ?

Are you trying to tell me that Zimmerman's injuries were the result of Trayvon attempting to mug him? Is that the new right-wing revisionist lie? The kid is dead. Zimmerman (your latest hero) is free. Let the poor kid rest in peace and stop smearing him.

He didn't ?

Are you trying to tell me that Zimmerman's injuries were the result of Trayvon attempting to mug him? Is that the new right-wing revisionist lie? The kid is dead. Zimmerman (your latest hero) is free. Let the poor kid rest in peace and stop smearing him.

like it or not, his background is pertinent, just as Zimmerman's background is pertinent.

as far as letting him rest in peace, its the left wing media and the race baiters who will keep this stirred up

He didn't ?

You're the one who is doing the smearing.
Zimmerman is no ones hero.
Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.
It was not proved one way or the other whether Trayvon tried to get Zimmerman's gun.
The kid was beating up Zimmerman and Zimmerman had a right to defend himself. Which he did.

You know what Trayvon Martin was? 17 and loved.

You know what he is now? Dead.

Was he possibly a criminal or one who would attack someone he felt dissed by ?

What law makes it permissible to shoot someone because they might have committed a crime once upon a time?

Stop making shit up. No one has said that.
The question is whether or not his past had any bearing on his behavior that night.
Does he show thug tendencies? I would say yes. And that lends weight to GZ account of that night.

Forum List

Back