Was Trayvon Martin a burglar?

Are the loot and burglar tools found in Trayvon's locker relevant to the case?

• YES. It shows why he might attack a neighborhood watchman

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • NO, its only about how he died.

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • other, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
If you believe the rightwing inmates around here,

Martin should have been armed too. Then everything would have been okay.

Please point me to someone suggesting that Martin at 17 should have been armed.

Everyone who says background checks are unconstitutional. Everyone who says more armed citizens make for a safer community. Everyone around here who says that 'shall not be infringed' means exactly that.

Why are you asking me, you senile old fuck. You read all the same posts by the gun nuts as I have.

You said rightwingers have said HE should have been armed. I asked you for a name. You couldn't provide one but decided to insult me instead.

Go figure, empty handed and empty headed

I'm simply sick of the desperate attempt to paint the dead kid as evil as possible to justify his death.

Perhaps the confrontation happened exactly as Zimmerman claims, perhaps it happened exactly the way the prosecution claims, or more likely, somewhere in between. Trayvon was still an unarmed 17 year old kid who went out for candy and never came him.

and Im tired of people calling him a kid

That's an out and out lie.

In less than 12 months he'd be a full blown adult

Irrelevant. Under the law he wasnt...Unless Florida is younger?

I'm simply sick of the desperate attempt to paint the dead kid as evil as possible to justify his death.

Perhaps the confrontation happened exactly as Zimmerman claims, perhaps it happened exactly the way the prosecution claims, or more likely, somewhere in between. Trayvon was still an unarmed 17 year old kid who went out for candy and never came him.

Evil? Who knows?
Young and stupid, for sure.

And you know what else it is, fucking offensive. He's dead, for fucks sake. Even if everything Zimmerman claims is 100% true, it doesn't make his death less tragic.

I hope to hell none of you ever lose a child.

So, if you were on the jury you would vote guilty if everything Zimmerman claims is 100% true???

Trayvon Martin SHOULD have been armed.

The point that NYCarboturd was trying to play gotcha with is the point that an armed society is a polite society. If both Martin and Zimmerman were armed it would be because everyone is armed. If they had been armed, this wouldn't have happened. They would have respected each other and the misunderstanding would have been corrected right there between them. In addition, if everyone was armed there would be no need for a neighborhood watch and this also wouldn't have happened.

Gun control kills, it's not rocket science people.

Last edited:
You know what's jibberish, trying to paint the kid as a gang member, a burglar, a drug dealer etc etc.

Bottom line, he didn't have drugs on him, a gun, burglary tools, nada. He wasn't breaking into houses, or stealing cars when he died.

Perhaps he died because he confronted when he should have ran as Zimmerman claims. But all this bullshit about photos of him flipping of the camera or wearing gold caps is just that, stupid bullshit.

And you know what else it is, fucking offensive. He's dead, for fucks sake. Even if everything Zimmerman claims is 100% true, it doesn't make his death less tragic.

None of my kids would be stupid enough to act the way that Martin did. I raised them right. They are smart and productive members of society.

shit happens and nobody is perfect. What exactly did Martin do wrong here?

Had that 17 year old kid not made it a physical altercation he would still be alive. It's that simple and there is nothing that was entered into evidence that conflicts with that.

well besides typical doubt and the fact he is dead and can't refute it.

You know what's jibberish, trying to paint the kid as a gang member, a burglar, a drug dealer etc etc.

Bottom line, he didn't have drugs on him, a gun, burglary tools, nada. He wasn't breaking into houses, or stealing cars when he died.

Perhaps he died because he confronted when he should have ran as Zimmerman claims. But all this bullshit about photos of him flipping of the camera or wearing gold caps is just that, stupid bullshit.

None of my kids would be stupid enough to act the way that Martin did. I raised them right. They are smart and productive members of society.

shit happens and nobody is perfect. What exactly did Martin do wrong here?

Beat on the wrong Hispanic Democrat.

It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....

You walk down the street. You have just turned 17. It's nearly an hour after dark. You went to get some Skittles and an Ice Tea before a game on TV. An armed man starts following you. You run off. After you lost the guy, you stop to call your girlfriend to tell her about the man who was stalking you. He catches up. He stops you and shoots you because you wore a hoodie.

But it's OK. White wingers send the guy with the gun hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense. If you can't shoot an unarmed 17 year old black, they'll probably tell you your not supposed to shoot anybody. That's just not right.

Is a neighborhood watch guy in Florida allowed to shoot and kill a burglar caught in the act?
GZ stated that he wanted to form a neighborhood watch but, at the time he murdered Trayvon, he was not a member of a neighborhood watch.

It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....

You walk down the street. You have just turned 17. It's nearly an hour after dark. You went to get some Skittles and an Ice Tea before a game on TV. An armed man starts following you. You run off. After you lost the guy, you stop to call your girlfriend to tell her about the man who was stalking you. He catches up. He stops you and shoots you because you wore a hoodie.

But it's OK. White wingers send the guy with the gun hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense. If you can't shoot an unarmed 17 year old black, they'll probably tell you your not supposed to shoot anybody. That's just not right.

An armed man starts following you.

When Trayvon was checking out houses on the way home, he didn't know GZ was armed.

After you lost the guy, you stop to call your girlfriend to tell her about the man who was stalking you.

There was no stalking.

He catches up.

Yes, Trayvon circled around and caught up to GZ.

He stops you and shoots you because you wore a hoodie.

The hoodie didn't beat on GZ, that was Trayvon.

I dont know what really happened.

But I do know this:

If Im walking home alone, and a stranger WITH A GUN confronts me and tries to keep me from getting home right away, he'll be met with a violent assault.

Thats exactly what happened. A person walking home alone. A man WITH A GUN confronts him, who admittedly hates it when "these guys always get away". Those facts are absolute.

What happened from that point we dont know. Which is partly why Zimmerman had to be found not guilty.

But, could Zimmerman have presented or flashed the gun to keep Trayvon there? Who knows.

I dont know what really happened.

But I do know this:

If Im walking home alone, and a stranger WITH A GUN confronts me and tries to keep me from getting home right away, he'll be met with a violent assault.

Thats exactly what happened. A person walking home alone. A man WITH A GUN confronts him, who admittedly hates it when "these guys always get away". Those facts are absolute.

What happened from that point we dont know. Which is partly why Zimmerman had to be found not guilty.

But, could Zimmerman have presented or flashed the gun to keep Trayvon there? Who knows.

Then you would be really stupid. If I were confronted by someone with a gun, I would be doing everything I could to deescalate the situation. Not to perpetuate it. If you would assault a person with a gun, you are REEEEEEEEEEALY dumb.

Forum List

Back