Was Trayvon Martin a burglar?

Are the loot and burglar tools found in Trayvon's locker relevant to the case?

• YES. It shows why he might attack a neighborhood watchman

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • NO, its only about how he died.

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • other, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
this is ridiculous...there is nothing to show he ever burglarized a home

and even if he did...zimmerman did not and could not know that, thus, this thread is entirely irrelevant

1st contact Martin was in aside yard off the sidewalk in the rain.

To a place that had been burglarized so much that is reasonable suspicion.

I'm simply sick of the desperate attempt to paint the dead kid as evil as possible to justify his death.

Perhaps the confrontation happened exactly as Zimmerman claims, perhaps it happened exactly the way the prosecution claims, or more likely, somewhere in between. Trayvon was still an unarmed 17 year old kid who went out for candy and never came him.

Had that 17 year old kid not made it a physical altercation he would still be alive. It's that simple and there is nothing that was entered into evidence that conflicts with that.

I'm simply sick of the desperate attempt to paint the dead kid as evil as possible to justify his death.

Perhaps the confrontation happened exactly as Zimmerman claims, perhaps it happened exactly the way the prosecution claims, or more likely, somewhere in between. Trayvon was still an unarmed 17 year old kid who went out for candy and never came him.

Had that 17 year old kid not made it a physical altercation he would still be alive. It's that simple and there is nothing that was entered into evidence that conflicts with that.

And even taking that as 100% true, it still doesn't make all the attempts to turn him into a gold cap wearing, drug dealing, gang member who needed killing less disgusting.

and even if he did...zimmerman did not and could not know that, thus, this thread is entirely irrelevant

not even close to reasonable suspicion

Why was he in someone's side yard in the rain ?

It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....

It does not matter if he was a burglar or not.

other facts of his background should have been allowed into evidence in my opinion though.

Why was he in someone's side yard in the rain ?

i have no idea, do you? he could have been running away from zimmerman, taking a shortcut....any number of possibilities besides committing burglary

did they find any burglary tools on him?

AmyNation Wrote:

I am also tired of people who seem to think that Trayvon Martin "deserved" his death or that somehow Zimmerman "did the world a favor." A 17-year old young man is dead. That is tragic, no doubt about it.

However...

Discussing what responsibility that young man might have had in the events that led to his death is not "painting him as evil," or "justifying his death." It is nothing more than trying to understand how these two men who had never met each other before ended up fighting one night, and how one of them sadly ended up dead.

As I see it - Trayvon Martin's background does not need to be brought up in the trial because it doesn't change what I feel the evidence indicated - that Zimmerman followed him, lost him, turned to go back to his car, Martin came back to confront Zimmerman, a fight ensued, Zimmerman ended up punched in the face, on his back, his head hitting the cement a number of times, and shot Martin. Since a reasonable person in that situation might think that they were facing serious bodily harm - I think that the jury must come back with a verdict of not guilty.

You know what's jibberish, trying to paint the kid as a gang member, a burglar, a drug dealer etc etc.

Bottom line, he didn't have drugs on him, a gun, burglary tools, nada. He wasn't breaking into houses, or stealing cars when he died.

Perhaps he died because he confronted when he should have ran as Zimmerman claims. But all this bullshit about photos of him flipping of the camera or wearing gold caps is just that, stupid bullshit.

And you know what else it is, fucking offensive. He's dead, for fucks sake. Even if everything Zimmerman claims is 100% true, it doesn't make his death less tragic.

I hope to hell none of you ever lose a child.

None of my kids would be stupid enough to act the way that Martin did. I raised them right. They are smart and productive members of society.

Bully for you.

I have 3 nephews who are 17, 18 and 19. There is no doubt in my mind that if they were walking home alone at night and realized a strange man was following them, at least 1 of them would turn around and confront him. Maybe argue with him and maybe even throw the 1st punch.

They are young, and often teenages boys act stupidly in the heat of the moment.

Perhaps, knowing all that I would even be able to forgive the man who pulled the trigger and shot. But it wouldn't make their death less heart wrenching. And I think you are pretty disgusting to suggest otherwise.

i have no idea, do you? he could have been running away from zimmerman, taking a shortcut....any number of possibilities besides committing burglary

did they find any burglary tools on him?

This is when Zim first saw him so no.

Not a shortcut.

What logical possibility besides something suspicious ?

I have 3 nephews who are 17, 18 and 19. There is no doubt in my mind that if they were walking home alone at night and realized a strange man was following them, at least 1 of them would turn around and confront him. Maybe argue with him and maybe even throw the 1st punch. They are young, and often teenages boys act stupidly in the heat of the moment.

You might teach them better.

As I see it - Trayvon Martin's background does not need to be brought up in the trial because it doesn't change what I feel the evidence indicated - that Zimmerman followed him, lost him, turned to go back to his car, Martin came back to confront Zimmerman, a fight ensued, Zimmerman ended up punched in the face, on his back, his head hitting the cement a number of times, and shot Martin. Since a reasonable person in that situation might think that they were facing serious bodily harm - I think that the jury must come back with a verdict of not guilty.

Agree, however if the prosecution is going with the mind set zimmerman..... then the mind set of martin should also be allowed. If in fact text records bear out that martin was spoiling for fights.... it should be allowed.

I have 3 nephews who are 17, 18 and 19. There is no doubt in my mind that if they were walking home alone at night and realized a strange man was following them, at least 1 of them would turn around and confront him. Maybe argue with him and maybe even throw the 1st punch. They are young, and often teenages boys act stupidly in the heat of the moment.

You might teach them better.

Perhaps Trayvons death has taught them its better to run away. But, my sister has taught all of her children how to shoot, and the oldest two have a CC. So I don't worry so much about them:)

syrenn wrote:
Agree, however if the prosecution is going with the mind set zimmerman..... then the mind set of martin should also be allowed. If in fact text records bear out that martin was spoiling for fights.... it should be allowed.

I would agree IF the prosecution had argued that Zimmerman had followed Martin and attacked him while Martin was trying to get away. Instead, they (from what I saw) seemed to agree with the Defense's position that Martin returned to confront Zimmerman and then the fight ensued.

If the Prosecution is willing to agree that Martin had time and opportunity to get to safety...but instead chose to return to confront Zimmerman...why do we need to see that he was the type to do that. We KNOW he was the type to do that...because he did.

AmyNation Wrote:
Perhaps Trayvons death has taught them its better to run away.

Or - perhaps its better not to attack strangers who appear to be following you?

It seems to be common knowledge that Trayvon was a burglar?! Yet the court would not let this fact into the court case. Why was Trayvon mad about being followed by a neighborhood watchman?

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool

Lets vote on "relevance" of Trayvon's background....
Let's vote on the relevance of George Zimmerman's background!

Fired as a security guard for assaulting the customers.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/...man-lost-security-guard-job-after-he-snapped/

Charged for assaulting a police officer - charges waived on condition that Zimmerman attend an alcohol education program.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

Zimmerman's former fiancée accused him of assault and succeeded in receiving a restraining order.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/...man-lost-security-guard-job-after-he-snapped/

Zimmerman's cousin has accused him of molesting her as a child.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back