Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is claiming the information that tipped the U.S. off to terrorist leader Osama bin Laden’s location was not collected through the controversial enhanced interrogation technique known as waterboarding.

“It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance,” Rumsfeld said during an interview with the conservative magazine Newsmax. “But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

Bam.

Newsmax and Rumsfield are credible now?

My, how times change....

Perhaps the poll above should be run again, due to this new evidence.

The poll does not have to based on any evidence. Here's the question:

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

It's just a simple Yes or No answer. I'm sure we'll be debating whether credible evidence can be gleaned from enhanced interrogation techniques for years to come.

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is claiming the information that tipped the U.S. off to terrorist leader Osama bin Laden’s location was not collected through the controversial enhanced interrogation technique known as waterboarding.

“It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance,” Rumsfeld said during an interview with the conservative magazine Newsmax. “But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

Bam.

For 6 years all we heard was bush and rumsfeld lied and now you want to believe him especially after all the hated comment’s and threats of being brought to justice for using water boarding? Dude you can't be for real.

Bam.

Newsmax and Rumsfield are credible now?

My, how times change....

Page 8 I made the same comment and repeated that comment on this page. How times change

What a deflection. You don't want to simply admit shit...you deflect and move on.

Which is it, is Rumsfeld credible or not, dick cheese.

After spending the last hour catching up on this thread, I truly wish I would have saved my time, holy shit I don't think you could get through to ANTIDERIVITIVE if in doing so it would save the planet. We would all be screwed.

I totally agree with the Brain, wicked jester, and most of the peeps on this one. Waterboarding is a form of mental torture, (though is seems some of you military folk can handle it, thats awesome) but if it saves american lives and is being performed on a military enemy/captive, who are any of us to judge or care? In the end it is just waterboarding, I would rather do that then get a bullet in my head like OBL, or a random airstrike that kills whole households daily.
This whole arguement is almost caput because they say no waterboarding was used, but if it was, I congratulate them. The end result is someone who wanted EVERY AMERICAN to die, is no longer here on this earth. The end result is good. Therefore waterboarding, if used, is okay by me.

JackDan,

Whether it's mental or not...which it's clearly not despite your attempts to mischaracterize...it's still torture.

The Founding Fathers didnt stand for torture. They'd be ashamed of it. It's unamerican unless you're a redneck birther type.

Hillary said that the Taliban have a choice. To "abandon Al Quaida and participate in a peaceful political process." The other choice....be killed....LMAO!!. The hypocrisy of the "all loving, tolerant, and diverse" liberals has no bounds.

JackDan,

Whether it's mental or not...which it's clearly not despite your attempts to mischaracterize...it's still torture.

The Founding Fathers didnt stand for torture. They'd be ashamed of it. It's unamerican unless you're a redneck birther type.

I am in agreement that it is torture. I am saying that if it was used to ultimately end a man's life that wanted every american to die, then I am ok with its use this situation. Thats all.

Hillary said that the Taliban have a choice. To "abandon Al Quaida and participate in a peaceful political process." The other choice....be killed....LMAO!!. The hypocrisy of the "all loving, tolerant, and diverse" liberals has no bounds.

You hit the nail on the head.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a deflection. You don't want to simply admit shit...you deflect and move on.

Bush and rumsfeld lied isn't that what we heard for 6 years? Why the change of heart why do you believe him now?

Perhaps the poll above should be run again, due to this new evidence.

The poll does not have to based on any evidence. Here's the question:

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

It's just a simple Yes or No answer. I'm sure we'll be debating whether credible evidence can be gleaned from enhanced interrogation techniques for years to come.

I don't know why we would be debating it at all. The FACT is that the truth will always come out. The only questions are can the interrogators separate fact from fiction, and is it moral?

No question that torture works though.

Newsmax: The news source of the left...

HuffyPuffy. Fair and balanced News for the right......

Bullshit...

Bullshit man? still others say bullshit, honey, it was just another greasy guy who happened to be born next to the frozen beef pies at boney's marketstill others say , and piss on you, jack, he's just a crazy iatlian who drove a red car you see, nobody ever really knew for sure because studebacher was sooooo mysterious ....

FRANK ZAPPA - BILLY THE MOUNTAIN LYRICS

Bush and rumsfeld lied isn't that what we heard for 6 years? Why the change of heart why do you believe him now?

Continue to deflect. It's fine. We all see through it.

Hows iot deflecting? OH thats right you're deflecting the fact that the left was already to hang both Bush and Rumsfeld for lying but now it's ok because he somehow agree's with you.

Forum List

Back