Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
Hillary said that the Taliban have a choice. To "abandon Al Quaida and participate in a peaceful political process." The other choice....be killed....LMAO!!. The hypocrisy of the "all loving, tolerant, and diverse" liberals has no bounds.

Seems you don't understand your political opponents at all.

Why wouldn't we kill any Taliban who will not abandon AlQaeda?

Contrary to the right-wing's attempt at pigeon-holing the left as "peaceniks"... Just because Democrats try to encourage diversity and peace doesn't mean they won't kick ass when needed.

That's why they killed Bin Laden, after all.

Oh, that's right, the right-wingers failed, didn't they?
So you have solid evidence that the SEAL team member/members who offed that sorry SOB were registered democrats?

He is talking about obama killing him, because that is what obama wanted, in his speech I counted 8 "I's or me's". He wanted his speech to portray himself as pulling the trigger. On your point wicked jester, living in San Diego and always being around all factions of the military, you rarely if ever meet one that is a democrat.

For 6 years all we heard was bush and rumsfeld lied and now you want to believe him especially after all the hated comment’s and threats of being brought to justice for using water boarding? Dude you can't be for real.

So you really expect anyone in their right minds to believe that Rumsfeld would lie in order to defend the Liberal point of view here?

What possible motivation would he have?

Are you asking us to believe that Rumsfeld is a Liberal now???
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Umm how about this.

Maybe he's a loyal American and someone from the Administration came to him and asked him to deny waterboarding was done and he agreed to for the sake of the country?

I know most would agree to lie in that situation.

So you have solid evidence that the SEAL team member/members who offed that sorry SOB were registered democrats?

I have evidence that the person who ordered the hit was a registered Democrat, yes.

You want to blame Obama for everything from unemployment, to the shoe bomber, to whatever the hell you people think of next?

Well then, as commander in chief of that SEAL team, and as the man who ordered the hit, you have to give him credit too.

That's the way it works.
I've already given him the credit. He did a gutsy thing......But, he's not the one who did the killing, or put his life on the line.

I would say, and I doubt you'll disagree, that it is those who strapped up for that mission, thereby putting their lives on the line, who deserve the true credit for the missions success.

I mean seriously buddy, what's more ballsy, putting your life on the line, or a political career on the line?

He is talking about obama killing him, because that is what obama wanted, in his speech I counted 8 "I's or me's". He wanted his speech to portray himself as pulling the trigger. On your point wicked jester, living in San Diego and always being around all factions of the military, you rarely if ever meet one that is a democrat.

Whereas, if the right-winger have their way, Obama isn't involved at all, at any level.

No, according to the right-wingers, it was George Bush and John Boehner who gave the order.

Hey, when you're all blaming Obama for the bad unemployment numbers, or some military disaster, or anything else for that matter, I guess you'll take the same approach, right?

"It's not Obama's fault. He's just the president."

After all, you wouldn't do that, because if you didn't give him credit for successes, then you'd be a massive hypocrite if you blamed him for his failures.

Right?

I've already given him the credit. He did a gutsy thing......But, he's not the one who did the killing, or put his life on the line.

I would say, and I doubt you'll disagree, that it is those who strapped up for that mission, thereby putting their lives on the line, who deserve the true credit for the missions success.

I mean seriously buddy, what's more ballsy, putting your life on the line, or a political career on the line?

Everyone has their job to do Jester.

The people who do the dirty work definitely deserve credit, but the man in charge is the man who gets the credit for the win, or the blame for the loss.

That's the way it is in football, in the business world, in politics, or anywhere else for that matter.

You can decide to give him credit or blame for things, or you can do neither. You can't have it both ways.

For 6 years all we heard was bush and rumsfeld lied and now you want to believe him especially after all the hated comment’s and threats of being brought to justice for using water boarding? Dude you can't be for real.

So you really expect anyone in their right minds to believe that Rumsfeld would lie in order to defend the Liberal point of view here?

What possible motivation would he have?

Are you asking us to believe that Rumsfeld is a Liberal now???
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So he lied then but now he's not?:cuckoo:

Seems you don't understand your political opponents at all.

Why wouldn't we kill any Taliban who will not abandon AlQaeda?

Contrary to the right-wing's attempt at pigeon-holing the left as "peaceniks"... Just because Democrats try to encourage diversity and peace doesn't mean they won't kick ass when needed.

That's why they killed Bin Laden, after all.

Oh, that's right, the right-wingers failed, didn't they?

Obama is a narcissist, we get it. Doesn't change the FACT that only an absolute moron wouldn't admit that as President he made the decision to end a scumbag's life. Good for him.

However, if he had had ANY sort of military training, he would have known that is not how you lead or inspire men. You do so by absorbing all the shit and passing on all the credit. So yes, Obama flubbed leadership101 once again, but he still gets credit for the kill.

Long story short. Obama fucks up enough on his own, without idiots like you trying to steal what credit he DOES deserve when things go right. It only makes you look desperate.

You think Rummy is going against his own interests by saying torture was not used at Gitmo?

That's already been well documented. Now, by showing it was effective, he would be able to vindicate the actions taken.

It is not in his best interests to say that waterboarding had no influence on this, no.

I don't think so. Donald Rumsfeld said he never approved waterboarding. Why would he admit to it now?

"Hey, everybody! I lied about waterboarding at Gitmo! Look at me! You can believe me now!"

How many people do you know that lie in a way that is not in their own self-interest?

You would literally have to be insane to do so.

That'd be like coming home late from the bar and telling your wife, for no apparent reason, "No honey, I wasn't at the bar, I was out having sex with the neighbor's wife."

I don't think so. Donald Rumsfeld said he never approved waterboarding. Why would he admit to it now?

"Hey, everybody! I lied about waterboarding at Gitmo! Look at me! You can believe me now!"

Yeah, ok, fine, let's completely ignore Rummy for the time being, just for the sake of argument.

The only person who would have any way of knowing that has said waterboarding had anything to do with it was Peter King.

Everyone else who would be in the know has said the opposite.

And even Peter Kings comments were suspect. As opposed to saying he'd been briefed, he said he had "Heard it from people who would know". So, in other words, he has no official knowledge of anything, he's just shooting off his mouth about things he heard second-hand.

How many people do you know that lie in a way that is not in their own self-interest?

That'd be like coming home late from the bar and telling your wife, for no apparent reason, "No honey, I wasn't at the bar, I was out having sex with the neighbor's wife."

What a terrible analogy.

You can't think of an instance where someone would look at a situation and realize that lying would be better for everyone and not hurt themselves in the least? Really?

Honey does this dress make my ass look fat? Yeah bitch take it off now, or no dear you look beautiful in it, no matter how she looks? Just as a simple example. Lying is the better choice there. Unless of course she actually doesn't look fat in the dress, which of course they always do or they wouldn't have even asked.

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL.
You're gonna HAVE to assume it.

It doesn't work......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7X3ls8orVk]YouTube - Matthew Alexander on consequences of Bush's admission of Torture - Countdown[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn5oOV1RH_g]YouTube - Talk - Matthew Alexander - An Interrogator's Mission to Return America to the Rule of Law[/ame]​

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

Read more: Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location - FoxNews.com

Moot point. According to Rumsfeld, it never happened. Why promote something you only "imagine" helped?

Whats next from the left Bush was a great president?:cuckoo:

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

Read more: Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location - FoxNews.com

Moot point. According to Rumsfeld, it never happened. Why promote something you only "imagine" helped?

Rumsfeld has a brain. There is going to be enough shit hitting the fan and retaliation attemps against the US and it's allies for taking osama out. Do we really need to be advertising we tortured the shit out of some muslims to get the intelligence. LEt's throw a little fuel on the fire why don't we. Are you libs that stupid naturally or do you have to take lessons?

No.

The damage done to the rule of law, statecraft, our gold standard international human rights record and prestige was not worth the pittance of intel gleened by breaking the trust with the American Public.

Yeah, ok, fine, let's completely ignore Rummy for the time being, just for the sake of argument.

The only person who would have any way of knowing that has said waterboarding had anything to do with it was Peter King.

Everyone else who would be in the know has said the opposite.

And even Peter Kings comments were suspect. As opposed to saying he'd been briefed, he said he had "Heard it from people who would know". So, in other words, he has no official knowledge of anything, he's just shooting off his mouth about things he heard second-hand.

Obama's birth certificate is suspect, dumping the body so quickly is suspect.

Forum List

Back