Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
You know I don't want to put too much importance on the bush era interogation tactics but I heard we just paid out the $25 million dollar reward leasing to the capture of bin laden to a waterboard :lol:

You know I don't want to put too much importance on the bush era interogation tactics but I heard we just paid out the $25 million dollar reward leasing to the capture of bin laden to a waterboard :lol:
Hopefully the board will share it with the water handlers, and the on site doctor.....They all deserve a piece of the pie for job well done.

No.

The damage done to the rule of law, statecraft, our gold standard international human rights record and prestige was not worth the pittance of intel gleened by breaking the trust with the American Public.

You parrots from the left with your "intel gleaned" cracked me up. You read that shit right off your mass email didn't you? It's pretty fucking obvious when you use the exact same terminology time after time.

I bet they're right, we didn't waterboard anyone. I bet someone was out and out tortured for the intel leading to Bin Laden's whereabouts.

You're a naive child if you don't think that's how things work in the real world. Somewhere in the halls of the White House someone whispered to someone else "The Boss wants Bin Laden found , and he doesn't give a fuck how it's done." and lo and behold some Muslim got his balls electrocuted until he coughed up the intel.

Who gives a shit.

He is talking about obama killing him, because that is what obama wanted, in his speech I counted 8 "I's or me's". He wanted his speech to portray himself as pulling the trigger. On your point wicked jester, living in San Diego and always being around all factions of the military, you rarely if ever meet one that is a democrat.

Whereas, if the right-winger have their way, Obama isn't involved at all, at any level.

No, according to the right-wingers, it was George Bush and John Boehner who gave the order.

Hey, when you're all blaming Obama for the bad unemployment numbers, or some military disaster, or anything else for that matter, I guess you'll take the same approach, right?

"It's not Obama's fault. He's just the president."

After all, you wouldn't do that, because if you didn't give him credit for successes, then you'd be a massive hypocrite if you blamed him for his failures.

Right?
Who said Bush and Boehner gave the order?

And yes, I blame Obama for making unemployment much higher by his inept economic policies, as well as driving the economy fully off the bridge. For sending our debt into the the damn stratosphere, and screwing over at least the next two generations.

I give him credit for making ballsy decisions on the Ship Hijacking, and the Bin Laden mission.

I'm a realist, and fully understand that this great victory is not going to erase the meat and potatos of his abject failures.

Taking out Bin Laden will not provide jobs. It will not erase the S&P's embarrassing downgrade. It will not keep people in their homes. It will not erase the debt. And on and on and on.

He is talking about obama killing him, because that is what obama wanted, in his speech I counted 8 "I's or me's". He wanted his speech to portray himself as pulling the trigger. On your point wicked jester, living in San Diego and always being around all factions of the military, you rarely if ever meet one that is a democrat.

Whereas, if the right-winger have their way, Obama isn't involved at all, at any level.

No, according to the right-wingers, it was George Bush and John Boehner who gave the order.

Hey, when you're all blaming Obama for the bad unemployment numbers, or some military disaster, or anything else for that matter, I guess you'll take the same approach, right?

After all, you wouldn't do that, because if you didn't give him credit for successes, then you'd be a massive hypocrite if you blamed him for his failures.

Right?

And yes, I blame Obama for making unemployment much higher by his inept economic policies, as well as driving the economy fully off the bridge. For sending our debt into the the damn stratosphere, and screwing over at least the next two generations.

I give him credit for making ballsy decisions on the Ship Hijacking, and the Bin Laden mission.

I'm a realist, and fully understand that this great victory is not going to erase the meat and potatos of his abject failures.

Taking out Bin Laden will not provide jobs. It will not erase the S&P's embarrassing downgrade. It will not keep people in their homes. It will not erase the debt. And on and on and on.

obama knew his stimulus package would do nothing for the economy. it was nothing more than democratic pork. his hope was the economy would follow his normal course and rebound on it's own. he provided enough funding to keep public servants, teachers, firemen, police on the payroll through the midterms to stave off further massive layoffs before the vote. his plan fell short. what we were left with was increased dept and higher unemployment

Right?

No it will not , but conversely we as a nation can surely afford to give all that other shit a rest for a week or so and congratulate Obama on what is after all an important victory. That's one of the things that made me sick about the left when Bush was in office, and I don't like to see the right repeat the behavior now. Obama has without doubt proven that he will give the order when the scope is on target. I didn't think he would, I congratulate him; just as I congratulate him for taking the advice to change his stance on torture and GITMO when the evidence he received after taking office showed him that it was necessary.

Right?

No it will not , but conversely we as a nation can surely afford to give all that other shit a rest for a week or so and congratulate Obama on what is after all an important victory. That's one of the things that made me sick about the left when Bush was in office, and I don't like to see the right repeat the behavior now. Obama has without doubt proven that he will give the order when the scope is on target. I didn't think he would, I congratulate him; just as I congratulate him for taking the advice to change his stance on torture and GITMO when the evidence he received after taking office showed him that it was necessary.

The people and the policy behind the scenes doing the hard dangerous work were put there by the Bush administration.

Since no one fought harder against the US military in Iraq than the Democrat party, should this thread be asking;

Should we continue waterboarding Democrats to protect mainstreet USA?

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

Read more: Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location - FoxNews.com

Yes, absolutely.

The people and the policy behind the scenes doing the hard dangerous work were put there by the Bush administration.

You're an irrational partisan hack. I have no interest in debating with you on whether the man sitting in the Oval Office, the man who gets blamed when things go wrong , gets any credit when things go right.

Go fuck yourself, YOU are a prime example of what is wrong in this nation.

Right?

Hey, i'm all for basking in the glory of seeing that SOB turned into crab bait.

But the fact of the matter is, these politicians on both sides of the aisle, too include Obama, need to get their asses in gear right now and do something about the dire straits this country is in.

Obama is about to watch his third large set of high school and college students graduate next month and hit the job market. There are no jobs. The taxpayers are now responsible for them. We can't afford it.

If he watches a fourth set graduate next year, and nothing has changed, that is a huge voting bloc that will undoubtedly turn against him. Like the previous three, they will not have jobs to enter.

Kudos to him for making a gutsy call. Now it's time for he and the politicians to start reversing their failures.

Last edited:
Since no one fought harder against the US military in Iraq than the Democrat party, should this thread be asking;

Should we continue waterboarding Democrats to protect mainstreet USA?

yea, like we'd get any useful information out of THEM :eusa_whistle:

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Moot point. According to Rumsfeld, it never happened. Why promote something you only "imagine" helped?

Rumsfeld has a brain. There is going to be enough shit hitting the fan and retaliation attemps against the US and it's allies for taking osama out. Do we really need to be advertising we tortured the shit out of some muslims to get the intelligence. LEt's throw a little fuel on the fire why don't we. Are you libs that stupid naturally or do you have to take lessons?

So Rumsfeld is lying? Republicans seem to think their leadership lies all the time about everything. Yet they follow those leaders without question. So very odd.

Moot point. According to Rumsfeld, it never happened. Why promote something you only "imagine" helped?

Rumsfeld has a brain. There is going to be enough shit hitting the fan and retaliation attemps against the US and it's allies for taking osama out. Do we really need to be advertising we tortured the shit out of some muslims to get the intelligence. LEt's throw a little fuel on the fire why don't we. Are you libs that stupid naturally or do you have to take lessons?

So Rumsfeld is lying? Republicans seem to think their leadership lies all the time about everything. Yet they follow those leaders without question. So very odd.

Once again stupid. ALL politicians lie, and only an idiot would follow ANY of them without question.

I notice you never question Obama.

Forum List

Back