Washing machines/dryers prices up 17% under Trump (thank you, tariffs)

How much $ did Carrier get to still move jobs to Mexico? Was that a good deal too?

I don't know, you tell me. How much did our federal government PAY (not tax reduction) for Carrier not to move jobs to Mexico? And even with those jobs lost, many still remained in the US.
I believe Indiana paid 7 million for lost jobs. But for you big government righties that was a good investment right?

They paid? You mean they wrote Carrier a check for 7 mil?
Face Liberal reality...As long as someone with an R next to their name does something it's evil.
Your a big supporter of giving tax dollars to corporations too eh?
I'm a big supporter of keeping jobs in America.
You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
I owe the bank more than I borrowed.
Get it?

Of course not.

I don't know, you tell me. How much did our federal government PAY (not tax reduction) for Carrier not to move jobs to Mexico? And even with those jobs lost, many still remained in the US.
I believe Indiana paid 7 million for lost jobs. But for you big government righties that was a good investment right?

Face Liberal reality...As long as someone with an R next to their name does something it's evil.
You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.
So then how do you support spending 7 million in tax dollars and still losing jobs? We can lose jobs for free...

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.
So then how do you support spending 7 million in tax dollars and still losing jobs? We can lose jobs for free...
Because I don't expect to see anything happening in one day.
Liberals have itchy crotches When an R does anything.
And I don't see Trump running around, like Obama and GW did, offering incentives left and right.
If and when Trump feels he got screwed, he'll let everyone know it.

On the other hand, you seem to get off on the billions we lose to China and India every year.
When you can flowchart how selling our souls to China makes sense, get back to me.

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.
And I don't see Trump running around, like Obama and GW did, offering incentives left and right.

On the other hand, you seem to get off on the billions we lose to China and India every year.
When you can flowchart how selling our souls to China makes sense, get back to me.
Trump taxing us more isn't going to change that... Tariffs have been used many times, and they just cost us jobs.

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

Trump taxing us more isn't going to change that... Tariffs have been used many times, and they just cost us jobs.
It is too early to draw this conclusion.
Grab your diaper, grit your teeth and give it a bit of time.

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

Once more, detail in history where tariffs haven't worked.
Especially when globalism has surely failed.
And where is Trump raising taxes?
I must have missed that news on Politico and TheHill.
Yeah, I don't do CNN and DailyKOS.

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

So you think this time the square peg will fit in the round hole? Unlikely...

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

You realize many have blamed the great depression on tariffs right? They have never created jobs. Look at the Bush steel tariffs, lost jobs.

Tariffs are a tax on us, do you not even realize that?

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

I make no assumptions. I just realize that times change and so does everything else. A bolt of lightning might spark a fire and it might not.
We played with NK with kid gloves for DECADES. Then Trump insulted them and called them out and look at the outcome this far.
Time to stop counting the chickens before they hatch.

I make no assumptions. I just realize that times change and so does everything else. A bolt of lightning might spark a fire and it might not.
We played with NK with kid gloves for DECADES. Then Trump insulted them and called them out and look at the outcome this far.
I don't disagree with you on NK. Glad to see people talking, but that was never tried before with NK. Tariffs have been tried over and over with the same results. The square peg will never fit in the round hole...

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

You realize many have blamed the great depression on tariffs right? They have never created jobs. Look at the Bush steel tariffs, lost jobs.

Bush rescinded his tariff almost as fast as he started it. You need time to see how the other players play. Of course (at first) you are going to get a negative reaction, but let the pressure build and see who wins in the end.

I don't disagree with you on NK. Glad to see people talking, but that was never tried before with NK. Tariffs have been tried over and over with the same results. The square peg will never fit in the round hole...
Time will tell

Bush rescinded his tariff almost as fast as he started it. You need time to see how the other players play. Of course (at first) you are going to get a negative reaction, but let the pressure build and see who wins in the end.

We lost over 100k jobs. You wanted to lose more?

You know what I have?
A house.
And a mortgage.
Get it?

Of course not.

The Great Depression was caused by excessive overseas investment and the inability to instantly check how those investments were invested.

Bush Sr was a jerkoff.
He was sending businesses off to Europe to spread capitalism.
It resulted in a lot of job losses.
Did I say he was a jerkoff?

Question...
Do Democrats spend like drunken sailors and raise taxes when they want to spend more and more?

I see. Would you like me to go back and quote your article?
How much $ did Carrier get to still move jobs to Mexico? Was that a good deal too?

Does it matter? You claimed it mattered and then I showed you WI was making cash payments and you suddenly no longer cared. Your beliefs are a joke. You believe whatever Trump tells you to.

Most deals are not that way. It's an anomaly. Most cities and states offer abatements to attract businesses, but I'm sure in your mind it's all the same thing.

In a neighboring city of ours, they offered a huge tax abatement to Amazon. Now they are ripping down an old mall (the largest mall in the country at one time) and are building a new state of the art facility. Besides the construction advantages, it will create many jobs, offers college reimbursements, benefits, and a host of other related jobs in the area like packaging companies, transportation companies, revitalize the parts of the mall in jeopardy of closing up. It's a great thing for their community and ours.

In fact, Amazon will be opening up another huge facility at another closed down mall about 20 miles away in Euclid, Ohio.

Hey, if you don't want those jobs because you are hell bent on not offering them anything, just send them our way. We will be happy to take them and provide incentives to help our communities.

Forum List

Back