Washington Post: Chris Kyle did not kill enemy sniper "Mustafa"

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
Conservatives wet their panties over the thought that American Sniper Chris Kyle killed his alleged sniper-rival, "Mustafa", via an electrifying Super-Duper very long shot.

In fact, the Washington Post notes today that it is unclear whether Mustafa even "ever existed." More from the link:

In reality, it’s highly unlikely that one insurgent sniper would have appeared in that many different locations during the Iraq War. Jason Hall, the film’s screenwriter, told Checkpoint that including Mustafa in so much of the film acted as connective tissue and made Kyle’s four deployments less “episodic.” Kyle did not kill him.

I see a lot of hatred aimed at Chris Kyle right now. Where is this coming from?

Well, I know the man had character flaws, but I think it takes someone with unusual character to do what he did.

God only knows what price he paid for all the lives he had to take, mentally, psychologically, spiritually.

It must have weighed heavily on his soul.

That's a higher price then losing an arm or a leg.

I am grateful that such men are willing to make these sacrifices, so that the rest of us can sleep peacefully at night.

The left just can't stand those that oppose their garbage, but dam do they love their kings and queens of crap.

What hatred? In Chris Kyle's book Mustafa is given all of two short paragraphs, and Kyle confirms that he not only didn't kill Mustafa but never even came across him. It's not hatred to point this out.

Well, I know the man had character flaws, but I think it takes someone with unusual character to do what he did.

God only knows what price he paid for all the lives he had to take, mentally, psychologically, spiritually.

I am grateful that such men are willing to make these sacrifices, so that the rest of us can sleep peacefully at night.
According to his book he only suffered a severe strain to his marriage and family life on account of his continually choosing to go to Iraq over his family. Spiritually Kyle claimed to be just fine, and he not only had no qualms about taking the lives that he did but actually enjoyed it. Again, this is all in his book. The movie is not an accurate portrayal, and Kyle would likely have been upset about how he was portrayed.

What hatred? In Chris Kyle's book Mustafa is given all of two short paragraphs, and Kyle confirms that he not only didn't kill Mustafa but never even came across him. It's not hatred to point this out.
If his book says that why bring it up at all. We all know Hollywood embellishes certain parts of its movies.

According to his book he only suffered a severe strain to his marriage and family life on account of his continually choosing to go to Iraq over his family. Spiritually Kyle claimed to be just fine, and he not only had no qualms about taking the lives that he did but actually enjoyed it. Again, this is all in his book. The movie is not an accurate portrayal, and Kyle would likely have been upset about how he was portrayed.
Who wouldn't enjoy killing ragheads who were trying to kill your buddies...that was his job...he enjoyed his job.

If his book says that why bring it up at all. We all know Hollywood embellishes certain parts of its movies.
It's important to note the specific embellishments.

I went to see a movie. I enjoyed the movie. The only embellishment I worry about is the one in the White House.

Who wouldn't enjoy killing ragheads who were trying to kill your buddies...that was his job...he enjoyed his job.
Well, for starters, the only people who enjoy killing anybody are psychopaths. Secondly, if China invaded the U.S. would the Chinese soldiers just be doing their job in killing those Americans who would resist them? Finally, your racist nonsense shows you for the nitwit that you are.

I went to see a movie. I enjoyed the movie. The only embellishment I worry about is the one in the White House.
Your irrelevant dig at Obama aside, I'd think anybody who considers Chris Kyle a hero would be a bit more upset at his already interesting, if horrifying, story being changed into something it isn't.

Well, for starters, the only people who enjoy killing anybody are psychopaths. Secondly, if China invaded the U.S. would the Chinese soldiers just be doing their job in killing those Americans who would resist them? Finally, your racist nonsense shows you for the nitwit that you are.
I knew if I poked you a bit you would devolve into a clone of PMS...I was right.

But since Iraq was not a threat to us, and now ISIS is running rampant there and elsewhere, how has he helped you sleep better at night? We have more enemies now that before the war.

I knew if I poked you a bit you would devolve into a clone of PMS...I was right.
I must've forgotten that you were a racist nitwit.

This is what I'm going to say about people who say they like killing.

The United States of America needs such people, we all need such people.

The United States of America has taken millions of young men and women and trained them in how to kill other human beings.

Part of that training, especially in the Marines and elite forces, is to get them psyched up so that they enjoy it.

When the shit hits the fan, and America is invaded by a foreign army, it will be the people who like to kill that will do the lion's share of defending the rest of us who don't.

And I would say the same is true about any nation, at any time in history. Every nation needs its warriors.

We honor them, and give them medals, and give them fancy funerals if they die, but basically being a soldier is a raw deal.

For very low pay, we ask soldiers to live in the mud, not always without enough rations, without the basics of sanitation, only to fight an enemy and die or lose an arm or a leg.

What sane man or woman would take up that deal unless he had something special inside him that makes him better than the rest of us?

It makes me sick to my stomach to see people on this forum, or Hollywood celebrities, badmouth Chris Kyle or any man or woman who put it all on the line for our country.

People who badmouth our military are the lowest of low-lifes, and in my opinion, they should be deported as undesirables.

Forum List

Back