Washington Redskins Football Trademark Defense Is So Vulgar It's Silly

.We'll see...

Yes, we will. The Redskins franchise is among the oldest in the NFL. The league doesn't want to see one of its hallmark franchises cease to exist. That's not good for the league, or its financial success.

Tough shit, but they've already lost their trademark status. That means anyone else could also use it in the meantime.

Ssdd_330276_3435289.jpg

And while I'm here.
washingtonredskins_logo.jpg

It's very offensive.

Now.....the donkey of the Democrat Party dates back to the early 1800s and oversaw the Democrats creation of the KKK, Jim Crowe laws, fighting to preserve slavery, founding of an organization whose intent is to exterminate blacks, and on and on.

Redskins should change their mascot....when Dems change theirs.

Can't any of you retarded NaziCons focus on just one topic at a time? BTW, I've never met a donkey KKK member.
I've met a jackass that votes Democrat.... Hi there, Squaw.

It's very offensive.

Now.....the donkey of the Democrat Party dates back to the early 1800s and oversaw the Democrats creation of the KKK, Jim Crowe laws, fighting to preserve slavery, founding of an organization whose intent is to exterminate blacks, and on and on.

Can't any of you retarded NaziCons focus on just one topic at a time? BTW, I've never met a donkey KKK member.

1. You've never met me. 2. You don't know how I vote.

Tough shit, but they've already lost their trademark status. That means anyone else could also use it in the meantime.

It's under appeal as you well know. If the Redskins lose the appeals, expect Snyder to shut the franchise down permanently. No more NFL in one of the country's biggest media markets. Nor would the NFL be able to simply start a new franchise there without Snyder's approval.

It's very offensive.

1. You've never met me. 2. You don't know how I vote.
First guess is that you're a felon and can't vote.

It's under appeal as you well know. If the Redskins lose the appeals, expect Snyder to shut the franchise down permanently. No more NFL in one of the country's biggest media markets. Nor would the NFL be able to simply start a new franchise there without Snyder's approval.

Fine, shut it down!

You're the one who brought it up - if Snyder loses all appeals. So what are you saying?

What I'm saying us that the NFL won't let ut go thst far. Goodell will pull the strings necessary to ensure the Trademark is reinstated, probably with some financial compensation and the problem will go away.

Why would they do that?, you ask.... because the league has enough of a black eye right now with Deflategate and other issues that they cannot afford to have an owner say "I'm taking my team and going home." It would create an unbalanced league for at least 1-2 years and cost huge amounts of money and fan support.

You're the one who brought it up - if Snyder loses all appeals. So what are you saying?

What I'm saying us that the NFL won't let ut go thst far. Goodell will pull the strings necessary to ensure the Trademark is reinstated, probably with some financial compensation and the problem will go away.

Why would they do that?, you ask.... because the league has enough of a black eye right now with Deflategate and other issues that they cannot afford to have an owner say "I'm taking my team and going home." It would create an unbalanced league for at least 1-2 years and cost huge amounts of money and fan support.

So, you're suggesting that the NFL will bribe the government to make it go away? Under President Obama?

So, you're suggesting that the NFL will bribe the government to make it go away? Under President Obama?

I am suggesting that the NFL will do whatever is necessary to ensure this goes away. Whether it's through Government contacts, payouts to the litigants, or buying Snyder out at 2-3 times the value of that franchise. The last option there being one they don't want to think about but msy be necessary.

An NFL without the Washington Redskins is less financially viable and has less fan interest.... two things they don't want.

I am suggesting that the NFL will do whatever is necessary to ensure this goes away. Whether it's through Government contacts, payouts to the litigants, or buying Snyder out at 2-3 times the value of that franchise. The last option there being one they don't want to think about but msy be necessary.

An NFL without the Washington Redskins is less financially viable and has less fan interest.... two things they don't want.

So, you're saying money trumps racism? I don't think so - especially under President Obama.

So, you're saying money trumps racism? I don't think so - especially under President Obama.

I'm saying that history shows the NFL will do almost anything to protect its brand and its income/fan interest. Losing a major market and a country-wide fanbase doesn't help either of those things. They'll find a way to make the issue disappear one way or another.

I'm saying that history shows the NFL will do almost anything to protect its brand and its income/fan interest. Losing a major market and a country-wide fanbase doesn't help either of those things. They'll find a way to make the issue disappear one way or another.

So, will the NFL go to war with the U.S. government and President Obama? Good luck.

So, will the NFL go to war with the U.S. government and President Obama? Good luck.

Militarily, no. They'll do something better.... they will fight the PR battle. They will speak to TRADITION. They will haul out the video of Ronald Reagan throwing a "pass" to Ricky Sanders on the White House lawn in 1988. They'll drag out the photos,from RFK stadium snd remind the legislators of how msny times they sat in luxury boxes there. And the Government will fold. And the team name will remain. PERMANENTLY.

Militarily, no. They'll do something better.... they will fight the PR battle. They will speak to TRADITION. They will haul out the video of Ronald Reagan throwing a "pass" to Ricky Sanders on the White House lawn in 1988. They'll drag out the photos,from RFK stadium snd remind the legislators of how msny times they sat in luxury boxes there. And the Government will fold. And the team name will remain. PERMANENTLY.

Aw, so they'll try to bullshit and cajole their way around their racist logo. I'm sure the government will be impressed.

Forum List

Back