WashPo/ABC News Poll Has Ominous News For Democrats

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
[I'm posting this @ 6:50pmPacific]

Olsen-1024x576.png

I don’t know why I bother with pieces like this. Except one like this give me hope even though I know, deep in my heart, most of them are nothing but hot air.

The biggest headwind for the GOP remains Donald Trump. Fifty-two percent of registered voters disapprove of how he’s handling his job as president versus 44 percent who approve. (This is his highest approval rating in the history of this poll.) But the president is at a 16-point deficit among independents.

On Tuesday, all eyes will be on the more than two dozen toss-up House races. It’s here where Democrats don’t appear to have the strong advantage they need to win several of these contests that will take them over the top. The poll shows a slim preference for Democrats—49-44 percent—in these toss-up districts; considering the margin of error in the poll (3.5 percent), it’s essentially a tie.

Pundits usually look at trends close to Election Day to predict the final outcome. If this poll is any indication of what to expect on Tuesday night, Democrats might be in for a big disappointment.

More @ WashPo/ABC News Poll Has Ominous News For Democrats

For all their bluster they might take the house with a razor thin margin but the republicrats have the senate.

Nothing too loony is getting to the senate floor.

Forum List

Back