Watch live(starts in 2 & a half hours): House Judiciary Committee hearing led by Jordan on crime in NYC & Bragg's double standard in prosecuting Trump

Bragg has pushed back on those calling him soft on crime, telling CBS New York such accusations are "not accurate."

"Now that we've been in office for a year … gun prosecution is up 20%. Shootings and homicides are down," he said in January. "Hate crime prosecutions up. We're doing the work. We're doing it thoughtfully, focusing on those who are doing the most harm in Manhattan."

And stores small and large are still being looted on an if not daily, at least weekly basis.

“Police officers don’t want to be sent out to enforce laws that the district attorneys won’t prosecute, too many people believe that they can commit crimes, resist arrest, interfere with police officers and face zero consequences.” - Pat Lynch

Nothing happens in a vacuum. People just stop reporting petty crimes, and sometimes even things like assault because they know the perpetrator will get away with it.

If so, thats a state issue yes? Why this hearing?

Congress, as a representative as the people in general has far more right to pull this admitted stunt than Bragg has of trying to turn a federal civil law issue into a State Criminal one.

Which is not only a stunt, but a complete abuse of power.

Congress, as a representative as the people in general has far more right to pull this admitted stunt than Bragg has of trying to turn a federal civil law issue into a State Criminal one.

Which is not only a stunt, but a complete abuse of power.
The Bragg charges are state charges.
What Federal legislation is Jordan proposing that makes this relevant? The World Wonders!

(I love the dark packed room like a bad hotel meeting room).

The Bragg charges are state charges.
What Federal legislation is Jordan proposing that makes this relevant? The World Wonders!

(I love the dark packed room like a bad hotel meeting room).

The Bragg Charges are a trojan horse to jury rig a State prosecution for supposed Federal issues, i.e. during a federal election.

Is Congress' investigative powers limited to legislation only by the Constitution?

The Bragg Charges are a trojan horse to jury rig a State prosecution for supposed Federal issues, i.e. during a federal election.

Is Congress' investigative powers limited to legislation only by the Constitution?
Federal legislation and oversight of Federal entities, yea it kind of is. Else they are using taxpayer money for...nothing.

Are we going to go to Austin next and subpoena the governor? Murder per capita in Texas is 6.6 vs 4.7 for New York State.

Federal legislation and oversight of Federal entities, yea it kind of is. Else they are using taxpayer money for...nothing.

Are we going to go to Austin next and subpoena the governor? Murder per capita in Texas is 6.6 vs 4.7 for New York State.

They are responding to their constituent's concerns about crime. I'm sure they were smart enough to get a few requests to make the whole thing Kosher.

Where did you get those numbers? Because they can play games and only count "murders", not manslaughters, or they can go by conviction rate, and not actual deaths.

We all know how the statistic game is played.

i'm sure fireworks will fly. i will be posting the best highlight clips from it if you don't wanna watch the whole thing! stay tuned! a Dem city council man who hates Bragg will be testifying

It's a false equivalency and this is only going to make Jordan look even dumber and more desperate than he already does.
Is NYC's crime rate the result of the same kind of criminals as Donald Trump?
White collar grifters and corporate tax cheats?
No!
Not even the same things.
Jordan's attempts to impugn Bragg's character will not make Trump any less guilty.
This is just a case of Jordan and other Republican accomplices and co-conspirators engaging in an attempted cover-up for Trump in plain sight.
The same American electorate that TROUNCED Trump backed candidates at the polls last November will not fall for this ruse.
All Jordan is doing is sealing The GOP's fate in the 2024 election.

Where did you get those numbers? Because they can play games and only count "murders", not manslaughters, or they can go by conviction rate, and not actual deaths.

We all know how the statistic game is played.
This is true. I found numbers from the Wall Street Journal. CDC also has them, but the Texas rate is substantially higher using that metric.

EDIT: I don't disagree with the stat, given carte3l drug routes and the fact that "He needed killin your honor" is a legal defense for women here. :texflag:

This is true. I found numbers from the Wall Street Journal. CDC also has them, but the Texas rate is substantially higher using that metric.

Where did THEY get them from. The issue is comparing apples to apples. For example I think the UK only counts homicides in their numbers when someone is convicted of a homicide.

And stores small and large are still being looted on an if not daily, at least weekly basis.
So, what is the Republican party's solution to the problems in cities (more guns?)and what have they even tried to do about it?

And don't say they can't do anything but yell from the peanut gallery....because they can't win in cities. Giuliani proved Rs could win....so that bull crap won't fly....

Stand up, or shut up. Time to put your money, where your mouth is....

So, what is the Republican party's solution to the problems in cities (more guns?)and what have they even tried to do about it?

And don't say they can't do anything but yell from the peanut gallery....because they can't win in cities. Giuliani proved Rs could win....so that bull crap won't fly....

Stand up, or shut up. Time to put your money, where your mouth is....

Enforce the laws on the books. Stop treating criminals as victims.

We already did that when Guiliani and Bloomberg ran things, but they had actual DA's in all the Boroughs, not Soros paid for Public Defenders pretending to be Prosecutors.

Enforce the laws on the books. Stop treating criminals as victims.

We already did that when Guiliani and Bloomberg ran things, but they had actual DA's in all the Boroughs, not Soros paid for Public Defenders pretending to be Prosecutors.
Your Soros comment is bullshit, but you know that....

Your Soros comment is bullshit, but you know that....

No, it isn't. His orgs fund PAC's that supply funds to a certain type of prosecutor running for elections.

All think the criminals are the real victims, and their victims are just further victims, with society being the criminal.

Forum List

Back