Watch Ted Cruz take apart Sierra Club President on Climate Change...Good Stuff!

Cruz is being a dick

"Anything can be debated Senator, but the preponderance of the evidence shows otherwise"

Cruz is just pissed that he was told he can't debate his bizarre theories

However, Cruz did have a point when it comes to "preponderance of evidence".

In any case, I looked up an explaination for the Satellite data. Cruz my have pulled a fast one!

Satellite measurements of warming in the troposphere

No, that data shows the temperature has been flat since 1998. Here's the same data without an upward sloping line drawn through it to mislead you:

figure-23.png

The UAH is using data from satellites without the correct equipment to justify their model.

With the correct equipment, the measured satellite data fits most climatologists models. That was just discussed.

Horseshit. The correction simply required a mathematical adjustment. The corrected data is posted above. If you have another version of the data, then post it.

A great example of a political position being destroyed by facts, yet denied by the one whose political position is being destroyed. Go Cruz!
Some facts: Ted Cruz’s claim that there has been ‘zero’ global warming in 17 years

From the article:

"Novack said such explanations of current global warming trends goes directly to Cruz’s point that major policy decisions should not be made on scientific theories that are based on flawed models. They should be based on data, and the temperature plateau shows the models that previously were used projecting continued rise were incorrect, Novack said. Cruz is not denying temperatures are warmer now than they were 50 years ago, Novack said, noting that Cruz voted for an amendment in January stating climate change is real."

Burning both ends of the candle?

When scientific truth is determined by a vote of politicians, perhaps your story might be relevant.

Funn
A great example of a political position being destroyed by facts, yet denied by the one whose political position is being destroyed. Go Cruz!
Some facts: Ted Cruz’s claim that there has been ‘zero’ global warming in 17 years

From the article:

"Novack said such explanations of current global warming trends goes directly to Cruz’s point that major policy decisions should not be made on scientific theories that are based on flawed models. They should be based on data, and the temperature plateau shows the models that previously were used projecting continued rise were incorrect, Novack said. Cruz is not denying temperatures are warmer now than they were 50 years ago, Novack said, noting that Cruz voted for an amendment in January stating climate change is real."

When scientific truth is determined by a vote of politicians, perhaps your story might be relevant.

Funny, coming from a guy that thinks Cruz is a global warming denier
(He is not!)

What does ted cruz know about science? I don't think he knows anything about it so he's just running his uneducated mouth!

Sounds like you are as uneducated with the facts as the Sierra Club Prez.

He can't back up what he is saying and in-spite of any evidence he isn't going to change his mind.

Cruz sounds a lot smarter than him or you.

What does ted cruz know about science? I don't think he knows anything about it so he's just running his uneducated mouth!

He can't back up what he is saying and in-spite of any evidence he isn't going to change his mind.

Cruz does understand the argument he is presenting and like a shark, he tore into someone that was not well informed.

But it does not matter

Apparently, Cruz was putting on a show for his constituents. By posing like he is a denier, he can count on them to vote for him. However, Cruz will go back and look at what is asked and analyze the issue and vote according to his best judgement.

It has been shown that his best judgement says that global warming is plausible.

Here is a reply letter back to Cruz from the president of the Sierra Club

"This week, you held a hearing on the clean air and clean water safeguards that protect millions of American families. I testified because I wanted to talk about how these safeguards are especially critical for people of color and low-income communities, who are disproportionately affected by pollution and climate disruption ."

Don't we all drink the same water and breath the same air, why is a study needed for this..ummmm

Just because this clown doesn't have a clue about his job, doesn't mean that we do not have global warming...

He was speaking the only language his constituency appreciates:

"The children ... blah ... blah ... blah..."

"The poor ... blah ... blah ... blah..."

"People of color ... blah ... blah ... blah..."

Ted Cruz Chairs Committee on the impact of Obama's new EPA regulations and takes apart the president of the Sierra Club...This is why I support Cruz for President:cool:

What I see is a man who doesn't understand the expression "not up for debate."

Except he DID say it was up for debate. He said anything he could think of to say to make Cruz stop making a fool out of him. :lol:

I was under the impression that English was Cruz's first language, so he can't be excused on that basis. The conclusion is that he's either linguistically tone-deaf or a humorless twat.

Given his overall behavior, I'm going with humorless twat.

Do you apply the same standard of criticism to the CNBC moderators?

Last edited:

Cruz does understand the argument he is presenting and like a shark, he tore into someone that was not well informed.

But it does not matter

Apparently, Cruz was putting on a show for his constituents. By posing like he is a denier, he can count on them to vote for him. However, Cruz will go back and look at what is asked and analyze the issue and vote according to his best judgement.

It has been shown that his best judgement says that global warming is plausible.
What show? it's not show when he exposes the frauds for what they are. He cant help it if his IQ is 50 points higher than those crony government leftists.

From the article:

Climate change has always been real ..whats was the point again?

It is a take down--But it needed not go that way.
Some of the questions asked by Cruz was best suited to a Meteorologist than the president of an environmental club.

The head of Sierra Club is as responsible for knowing the facts behind that which he promotes as anyone ... perhaps more so.

But it does not matter

So the Sierra Club makes a stupid uninformed statement and when asked the President of the Sierra Club can't answer it and it is a show that Cruz is putting on?

Looks like the Sierra Club made a stupid statement and should have shut their trap, what a stupid looking group.

Cruz is being a dick

"Anything can be debated Senator, but the preponderance of the evidence shows otherwise"

Cruz is just pissed that he was told he can't debate his bizarre theories

Translation: When in doubt punt and that's exactly what "the preponderance of the evidence shows otherwise" was.

Cruz was being a lawyer dick arguing the legal definition of preponderance of the evidence

The point being made was that there is overwhelming evidence to the point it can't be legitimately debated

What is Cruz doing on a science panel?

What the hell was the head of the Sierra Club doing there?

From the article:

Climate change has always been real ..whats was the point again?

Ted Cruz finds AGW is plausible, but takes the denial position in his interview of the President of the Sierra Club.

But it does not matter

So the Sierra Club makes a stupid uninformed statement and when asked the President of the Sierra Club can't answer it and it is a show that Cruz is putting on?

Looks like the Sierra Club made a stupid statement and should have shut their trap, what a stupid looking group.

No--Cruz asked a question that the layman can not answer but a scientist in the field could. There is a way to answer the question that is both honest and does not make the Sierra Club look stupid.

He could have told Cruz simply that he, himself, is not fully versed on all the data and that Cruz need to ask an expert on why the data is as it is.

Most likely, Cruz already knows the answer. He is demonstrating that most people that says AGW is real do not know the full story of how scientist came to that conclusion. The science and models behind AGW is not well understood and the best any one outside the field can say is that it probably is/is not true.

So i s Senator Cruz a Scientist?
He doesn't have to be a scientist to cite scientific data.

No, but he should be to comment on it intelligently.

So who are you going to believe,

Some Senator who graduated from a college where they teach about Talking Snakes?

Or

95% of scientists who actually study this stuff.

I'm going with the Scientists. Oh, yeah, and the fact that I can tell it's warmer in 2015 then when I was growing up in the 1970's.

So i s Senator Cruz a Scientist?
He doesn't have to be a scientist to cite scientific data.

No, but he should be to comment on it intelligently.

So who are you going to believe,

Some Senator who graduated from a college where they teach about Talking Snakes?

Or

95% of scientists who actually study this stuff.

I'm going with the Scientists. Oh, yeah, and the fact that I can tell it's warmer in 2015 then when I was growing up in the 1970's.
I'm gonna tend do believe the guy with the scientific data that hasn't been altered rather than the guy who clearly wasn't able to answer basic questions but instead just kept repeating "that's my story and I'm sticking to it".

Forum List

Back