WATCH: Trump tries to shake the hand of Polish president’s wife — and gets rejected

Are Polish women allowed to touch strange men? It is an especially socially conservative country, isn't it?

looked like she was being considerate toward melania.
Did she go back and shake his hand?

Not sure, she was probably scared of where his hand has been.
Great minds....
yes, you think like sytfe. Congrats. I would brag too :D
Not always. But it was such an open invitation. I'm going to see if I can find the whole thing and if she went back to shake the President's hand.

Are Polish women allowed to touch strange men? It is an especially socially conservative country, isn't it?

I was wondering if maybe there was a tradition in that country for the First Ladies to greet each other first. It could have been a snub, but if so it was a pretty bold one.

The look on his face!!!

:rofl:

if you watch the clip in it's entirety, she immediately shakes his hand afterwards. She had already made eye contact with the First Lady and was moving to shake her hand. Nice try though.

19527cb3247dd4ecdf052daafab1048aec58ac6e978bac5e601d2730fe5d2b11.jpg

I was wondering if maybe there was a tradition in that country for the First Ladies to greet each other first. It could have been a snub, but if so it was a pretty bold one.
No way it was a snub. Poland's influence in Europe is dangling by a thread right now. They can use all the help they can get, even if it comes from an orange, greasy used-car salesman.

Looks like she went to Melania first because her husband was shaking hands with Trump and speaking to him.
I agree it was pretty low to clip the video and start headlines like she "snubbed him." She didn't!

Forum List

Back