Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

This is great. Goes to show that it can be done.
This is how it should be done. Not by government force.
Right but a lot of companies don’t give cost of living increases when they should. Decades could go by they won’t give raises except to the ceos
I wouldnt work for a place like that :dunno:
Oh so you think it’s easy to find another company that pays better and will hire you? I don’t think most people in America have that luxury. I bet if most people lost their job tomorrow, they’d be unemployed for at least a couple few months and they’ll probably end up at another company making just about the same or less.

If only it were that easy to just go find another job that pays more. If it were that easy itd be great. Then I would agree with you.

I make almost $100k. It’s very possible if I lost my job I would not find another company that would pay me as well. I’d probably have to go prove I’m worth it and a lot of times companies don’t give you a raise even when you are worth it. I’ve seen my company let people go rather Than give a raise. I think most companies and employees know it’s the corporations who are in the drivers seat here.
That depends on skill set. I make over 100k a year with a 2 year degree. I could lose my job today and be working tomorrow for MORE money than I make now. I stay where I am because of the non monetary perks of the job(vacation time, being able to dictate my schedule for the most part, etc.)
What do you do?
Industrial automation. I make those job stealing robots do what they are supposed to do. :biggrin:

This is great. Goes to show that it can be done.
This is how it should be done. Not by government force.
Right but a lot of companies don’t give cost of living increases when they should. Decades could go by they won’t give raises except to the ceos
I wouldnt work for a place like that :dunno:
Oh so you think it’s easy to find another company that pays better and will hire you? I don’t think most people in America have that luxury. I bet if most people lost their job tomorrow, they’d be unemployed for at least a couple few months and they’ll probably end up at another company making just about the same or less.

If only it were that easy to just go find another job that pays more. If it were that easy itd be great. Then I would agree with you.

I make almost $100k. It’s very possible if I lost my job I would not find another company that would pay me as well. I’d probably have to go prove I’m worth it and a lot of times companies don’t give you a raise even when you are worth it. I’ve seen my company let people go rather Than give a raise. I think most companies and employees know it’s the corporations who are in the drivers seat here.
That depends on skill set. I make over 100k a year with a 2 year degree. I could lose my job today and be working tomorrow for MORE money than I make now. I stay where I am because of the non monetary perks of the job(vacation time, being able to dictate my schedule for the most part, etc.)
What do you do?
Industrial automation. I make those job stealing robots do what they are supposed to do. :biggrin:
My buddy works in the battery car industry. Lost his job but quickly landed on my feet. My brothers a big Whig he could land another job tomorrow.

Most people it’s not that easy.

Also consider this. Today companies have a stack of resumes on their desk. Probably college grads with no experience but a lot of diamonds in that ruff and those people need the experience and they’ll work cheap.

I love the industry I’m in. Manufacturing. aftermarketvsales. I can work for any manufacturing company that has an aftermarket department. When I lost two jobs. 1. Computer training and accounting software, no manufacturing company wanted to hire me because I had no experience in manufacturing. In fact everyone told the president not to hire me because I didn’t know the product. He liked my experience and gave me a chance and I literally tripled their aftermarket sales.

Forum List

Back