"...We are going to start slitting throats on day one,"

I don’t approve of his rhetorical use of a figure of speech.

But had it been President Potato saying it, you’d be the first to jump up and down and alert the world that obviously he was not being literal.

You transparently hypocritical libtards don’t even bother trying to be objective or credible.
So you don't buy into the lame assed attempt by your fellow confederates that he was quoting Mencken?

So you don't buy into the lame assed attempt by your fellow confederates that he was quoting Mencken?
I don’t know what fellow conservative you’re alluding to. And I don’t care. If you’re too dimwitted or dishonest to see or acknowledge that a comment need not be taken literally, that’s entirely on you, Poo Poo.

GOP Hopeful Ron DeSantis stated this in New Hampshire today.

The entire quote...

"We’re going to have all of these deep state people, you know, we are going to start slitting throats on day one," DeSantis said. Not fire people; not force resign..."slitting throats".

This will, of course, make folks on the right very happy for some perverse reason.

The big story for DeSantis out of New Hampshire is how bad his campaign is doing. Local media covered this BBQ event he was having up there--sponsored by former Mass. Senator Scott Brown (remember him???).

The original tickets were being sold for $50. There was such apathy that the price was dropped to $1 at the door. Usually prices are more at the door...not in the case of Ron's campaign....

There is a certain amount of schadenfreude going on here, I admit. I like to see bad people fail. He's among the worst on the national stage without question.
Works for me! :dunno:

If not Trump, it's DeSantis.

I don’t know what fellow conservative you’re alluding to. And I don’t care. If you’re too dimwitted or dishonest to see or acknowledge that a comment need not be taken literally, that’s entirely on you, Poo Poo.

You should read the thread there skippy:

He us using euphemisms to make a point. He is a well educated man. This is what he meant.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.”
— H.L. Mencken

Our patience is long past that point.
Her patience is long past that point and she's ready to start slitting throats too. LOL

You guys are all talk.

You should read the thread there skippy:

Her patience is long past that point and she's ready to start slitting throats too. LOL

You guys are all talk.

And for believing that, we thank you!

You are an idiot. You and the rest of the morons who dream of “slitting throats” will build nothing. You and they will only destroy the Republic that the Framers built … and the precious freedoms we still have.
No, this government needs scaled back to around pre-Reagan levels.

Then people can start prospering once more.

Every single government worker is a drain on private citizens and the prosperity of all.

You are an idiot. You and the rest of the morons who dream of “slitting throats” will build nothing. You and they will only destroy the Republic that the Framers built … and the precious freedoms we still have.

Hey, I'm just telling you history, winger.

If it were a statue, you quislings would probably wanna tear it down, too, huh.

No, this government needs scaled back to around pre-Reagan levels.
Then people can start prospering once more.
Every single government worker is a drain on private citizens and the prosperity of all.
So that’s why you want to “slit throats”? Brilliant!

You probably should go back further, like the days of Daniel Boone and the French & Indian War — so you can dream of “scalping” your enemies… :uhoh3:

I don’t approve of his rhetorical use of a figure of speech.

But had it been President Potato saying it, you’d be the first to jump up and down and alert the world that obviously he was not being literal.

You transparently hypocritical libtards don’t even bother trying to be objective or credible.
Don't know who President Potato is...but if you are saying Biden...

Funny how you had to say "but had it been...."

You couldn't even come up with any similar rhetoric he has used because you know that is not how he conducts himself...it won't stop yall from still trying to both sides it -- it just makes you look more pathetic...

Add that to the fact, the most recent GOP Vice President is someone whom Republican voters wanted hanged..and now call a traitor...and he has had to become so use to the depravity of republican voters -- that he has to pretend they will still vote for him if he says "yea, but Biden.."

But that aint depraved enough, Pence is going to have to pray on national TV that God murders all Democrats for Jesus.....then maybe he will get maybe 10% in the GOP primaries...

The entire quote...

"We’re going to have all of these deep state people, you know, we are going to start slitting throats on day one," DeSantis said. Not fire people; not force resign..."slitting throats".

Oh, the humanity

Agreed. Regardless of whether it's just figurative language, that kind of partisan horseshit is killing the nation. Government has to be by consensus or it's just gang warfare.

LOL ZOMG
He was using a METAPHOR!
oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

GOP Hopeful Ron DeSantis stated this in New Hampshire today.

The entire quote...

This will, of course, make folks on the right very happy for some perverse reason.

The big story for DeSantis out of New Hampshire is how bad his campaign is doing. Local media covered this BBQ event he was having up there--sponsored by former Mass. Senator Scott Brown (remember him???).

The original tickets were being sold for $50. There was such apathy that the price was dropped to $1 at the door. Usually prices are more at the door...not in the case of Ron's campaign....

There is a certain amount of schadenfreude going on here, I admit. I like to see bad people fail. He's among the worst on the national stage without question.

Did Desantis really use that language? He must be crazy.

Hey, I'm just telling you history, winger.
If it were a statue, you quislings would probably wanna tear it down, too, huh.
Let me tell you something about real history, fool. Vidkun Quisling was a longterm Norwegian politician, a “radical” reactionary in the “Agrarian Party,” who later became an open fascist, stooge and puppet “leader” of Norway after the Nazis occupied the country. He wanted to make Norway “great again.”

And yes, not only were statues of him torn down, but after the war he was put on trial, found guilty of charges including embezzlement, murder and high treason against the Norwegian state, and sentenced to death. He was executed by firing squad at Akershus Fortress, Oslo, on 24 October 1945.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back