We Defunded PP/Abortions !

Since that cannot be proven, I say they do. But if they don't, then the money won't be missed.
it will b missed in the 15 title x, planned parenthood's specifically located to provide health/medical services for poor women in poor neighborhoods with no doctors or other clinics in their neighborhoods.

Title x funding was specific....there are 90 title x clinics specifically to provide medical care for poor women where no other health care facilities or doctors exist in their neighborhoods. Plan parenthood had 15 of the 90 title x grant clinics.

defunding title x was a BIG MISTAKE and very hurtful to the poorest of the poor women, and in the worst of ways....deadly ways....
I did not hear PP was defunded. I just Googled it and there was nothing since Jan. when it was proposed. What happened?
it's sort of much to do about nothing, depending if your state has a PP Clinic that meets the federal criteria to receive a title x grant.... there are only 15 planned p's that qualified and met the Title x's criteria for a grant, there are a total of 90....title x funded clinics throughout the U.S.....75 Other clinics getting title x grants are NOT PP Clinics.

Under Obama, there were rules for title x funds written that in a convoluted way, prevented states who received the funds and determined where the title x funds went, could not hold title x funds from the clinics who also had separate divisions of their businesses that performed abortions.

What this bill did was allow the States with Title x funds, de-fund title x clinics that performed abortions in their separate division.

This does not mean the State govrnment will do so, just that they will be ALLOWED to do so if they want to, and still be able to receive these title x funds...

IF I AM UNDERSTANDING ALL that I just read on it.

Pence casts tie-breaking vote to advance bill that would let states withhold federal funds from Planned Parenthood
I have a feeling our state will not move to defund PP. I do worry for women in the south, though. More and more moves to close clinics and make it harder to access abortion services are happening all over.
Don't worry, abortion will still be legal, and if you are worried about poor women not being able to afford medical help to kill their babies, you can start an organization to help pay for it. You can call it Protecting America From Its Children.
Please STOP LYING.

Not a DIME of Federal Taxes or Title x funds goes towards paying for abortions, not even for poor people....it's been against the federal law for DECADES, the HYDE AMENDMENT.

Those funds strictly go for medical care for the poor....not a single abortion.

You guys LYING ALL THE TIME on this certainly does not help your cause of wanting to reduce them, because you are simply LIARS on the topic and who in their right mine, would want to debate and argue legitimately on the topic with an unethical liar? Liars are the spawn of Satan....he WINS when you resort to lying.

Amazing how the war on women endures into 2017
Wouldn't it be war on women and unborn babies?

Republicans just voted to spread STD's, cut access to contraceptives (meaning more abortions), and to increase cancer's mortality rate, among other health problems that PP helps with. Well, for 4 years at least until we get a government that does what's best for the nation instead of spreading extremist ideology.
Condoms are still on sale. Now quit twisting the facts, Jimbo.

RWNJs have no way of knowing this but rubbers don't treat, for example.

Think it through.

If ending (legal) abortions were really the intent, defunding PP is the last thing that would even be considered. There is really only one reason to defund PP - it harms poor women.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

it will b missed in the 15 title x, planned parenthood's specifically located to provide health/medical services for poor women in poor neighborhoods with no doctors or other clinics in their neighborhoods.

Title x funding was specific....there are 90 title x clinics specifically to provide medical care for poor women where no other health care facilities or doctors exist in their neighborhoods. Plan parenthood had 15 of the 90 title x grant clinics.

defunding title x was a BIG MISTAKE and very hurtful to the poorest of the poor women, and in the worst of ways....deadly ways....
I did not hear PP was defunded. I just Googled it and there was nothing since Jan. when it was proposed. What happened?
it's sort of much to do about nothing, depending if your state has a PP Clinic that meets the federal criteria to receive a title x grant.... there are only 15 planned p's that qualified and met the Title x's criteria for a grant, there are a total of 90....title x funded clinics throughout the U.S.....75 Other clinics getting title x grants are NOT PP Clinics.

Under Obama, there were rules for title x funds written that in a convoluted way, prevented states who received the funds and determined where the title x funds went, could not hold title x funds from the clinics who also had separate divisions of their businesses that performed abortions.

What this bill did was allow the States with Title x funds, de-fund title x clinics that performed abortions in their separate division.

This does not mean the State govrnment will do so, just that they will be ALLOWED to do so if they want to, and still be able to receive these title x funds...

Pence casts tie-breaking vote to advance bill that would let states withhold federal funds from Planned Parenthood
I have a feeling our state will not move to defund PP. I do worry for women in the south, though. More and more moves to close clinics and make it harder to access abortion services are happening all over.
Yes, I agree, our State will not hold back Title x funds for a clinic that provides women's health care services for the poorest....even if the same clinic also provided abortions at the Patient's expense.

You can tell, by the way Collins, who represents the State as Senator, voted at the Federal level.
i thought Medicaid covered our poorest...
ONLY if you have children.

Don't worry, abortion will still be legal, and if you are worried about poor women not being able to afford medical help to kill their babies, you can start an organization to help pay for it. You can call it Protecting America From Its Children.
Please STOP LYING.

Not a DIME of Federal Taxes or Title x funds goes towards paying for abortions, not even for poor people....it's been against the federal law for DECADES, the HYDE AMENDMENT.

You guys LYING ALL THE TIME on this certainly does not help your cause of wanting to reduce them, because you are simply LIARS on the topic and who in their right mine, would want to debate and argue legitimately on the topic with an unethical liar? Liars are the spawn of Satan....he WINS when you resort to lying.

If you honestly think no federal money went to abortions at PP you're a fool

Yes, I agree, our State will not hold back Title x funds for a clinic that provides women's health care services for the poorest....even if the same clinic also provided abortions at the Patient's expense.

You can tell, by the way Collins, who represents the State as Senator, voted at the Federal level.
i thought Medicaid covered our poorest...
ONLY if you have children.
so PP is for childless women who need health care other than abortion?

Please STOP LYING.

It straight up did, there is 100% no denying it.

FEDERAL MONEY WAS USED TO FUND ABORTIONS.

PERIOD.

Please STOP LYING.

All the money that goes to PP pays for abortions because the less they have to spend on other services the more they have to provide free or cheap abortions.

From the ACLU website:

Public Funding for Abortion

Most states have followed the federal government's lead in restricting public funding for abortion. Currently only seventeen states fund abortions for low-income women on the same or similar terms as other pregnancy-related and general health services. (See map.) Four of these states provide funding voluntarily (HI, MD, NY,1 and WA); in thirteen, courts interpreting their state constitutions have declared broad and independent protection for reproductive choice and have ordered nondiscriminatory public funding of abortion (AK, AZ, CA, CT, IL, MA, MN, MT, NJ, NM, OR, VT, and WV).2 Thirty-two of the remaining states pay for abortions for low-income women in cases of life-endangering circumstances, rape, or incest, as mandated by federal Medicaid law.3 (A handful of these states pay as well in cases of fetal impairment or when the pregnancy threatens "severe" health problems, but none provides reimbursement for all medically necessary abortions for low-income women.) Finally, one state (SD) fails even to comply with the Hyde Amendment, instead providing coverage only for lifesaving abortions.

TELL US AGAIN HOW NO TAXPAYER MONEY HAS EVER BEEN USED TO FUND ABORTIONS.

Snowflakes just do not like truth.

Please STOP LYING.

If you honestly think that PP is using federal money for abortion, you are a total idiot. Why would they do the ONE thing that is guaranteed to cut all funding?

Why are YOU lying about this. Oh, right, you don't believe in women's rights.

. If it's your choice as a woman, then you pay for it. Uh oh the room just emptied.This way no one else has to partake in your sick thinking in life. P/P was way out of line, and it's about time to roll that sick entitlement funding or thinking back.
You weren't paying for it. You folks are cutting off your nose to spite your face by defunding Planned Parenthood, which prevents many more abortions than all your twisted propaganda ever will.
. Other clinics or organizations can take over those things you speak of, and that aren't linked or connected to abortion.
Wait a few years and see what happens in the areas that close their Planned Parenthoods. You may be right it's no big deal, but I somehow doubt it.

There is no reason why Planned Parenthood should lose federal or state funding because it is providing a LEGAL procedure. Even Gorsuch says abortion is established law at this point. If you think it is infanticide, by all means don't have one. Help women out of a tough spot so they can choose a different path. But all this closing of abortion clinics that is happening in various southern states and now this ability for states to stop funding PP is definitely an attack on women's freedom to choose. You are punishing women for being the one who bears the child. If men were the ones who got pregnant, I have a feeling this would not have been an issue, ever.

Since when are we obligated to fund anything that is legal?
I don't know how many times you've already been told this, but boy, are you thick. YOU WEREN'T FUNDING ABORTIONS. You are just punishing an organization that is providing a legal service at the patient's expense.

I was literally responding to your post saying we should fund it because its legal.

We have no obligation to fund anything just because it's legal. Whether its abortion or health services we have no obligation to fund it no matter how legal it is.

In fact, if we actually followed the constitution, the federal government has no authority to fund abortion or any other health services. There is no clause that gives the feds power to do anything when it comes to basic medical services outside ancillary military purposes.

So please tell me what obligation the federal government has in funding any of this and stop the nonsense

Please STOP LYING.

If you honestly think that PP is using federal money for abortion, you are a total idiot. Why would they do the ONE thing that is guaranteed to cut all funding?

Why are YOU lying about this. Oh, right, you don't believe in women's rights.

You're not an American, stay out of it. As a taxpayer I have a say in the mattet...you don't

Condoms are still on sale
Condoms aren't a tool in diagnosing cancer
. They got doctors and hospitals for that.. Last I checked women were allowed to go to all nessesary medical facilities in which there are many, but that old murder plantation called Planned Parenthood might no longer be one of them.

You seem very enlightened.

So in your universe, some teen girl would walk into her local ER to inquire about birth control? For gynecologist appointments?
You're creepy, timmy.

What's creepy is men forcing women to reproduce. Next, you assholes will demand women be chained to beds until they deliver.

BTW, how did YOUR last pregnancy end?
That's what I thought.

Do you believe I should be able to force you to reproduce?
That's what I thought.

Who's going to pay for poor women's health care?
That's what I thought.

If RWNJs really wanted to stop abortions, they would go where many many more are done.

If RWNHs really wanted to stop abortions, they would control the source, the actual cause of pregnancy - men.

Instead, RWNJs punish single mothers who work shit jobs to feed, clothe, educate the children that men refuse to. The same RWNJs want to end school programs, food stamps and anything else that benefits the poor.

And most of these inhuman and in humane RWNJ assholes will tell you they are christians.

Your complete lack of knowledge of women's health care needs is acknowledged. You ignorant assholes are all about women's health care except you have no idea what it is or what it entails.

But damn we're not smart enough to make our own decisions. Yeah right.

You can still make descions...its just taxpayers won't be paying for it

I'm not an American, I have no need for Planned Parenthood, and I am grateful to live in a country that treats it's women with respect in regard to their reproductive decisions.

If you're not an American it doesn't concern you
Well you could call it concern if she's suddenly grateful to be in someone's shoes..

It concerns human rights. It's amazing how often you people say that. Other people's well being in other countries can and should concern people with a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong.

You're right. It is about human rights. The only human rights involved in issues of abortion. - The child's human rights.

No matter how much you may want it to be so. No matter what you say or claim. You will never have the right to kill your children
Except that in all civilised countries women have a right for an abortion though so soon in the pregnancy it is not considered a child. Going back from there is barbarism.

You can still make descions...its just taxpayers won't be paying for it

I'm not an American, I have no need for Planned Parenthood, and I am grateful to live in a country that treats it's women with respect in regard to their reproductive decisions.

If you're not an American it doesn't concern you
Well you could call it concern if she's suddenly grateful to be in someone's shoes..

It concerns human rights. It's amazing how often you people say that. Other people's well being in other countries can and should concern people with a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong.

You're right. It is about human rights. The only human rights involved in issues of abortion. - The child's human rights.

No matter how much you may want it to be so. No matter what you say or claim. You will never have the right to kill your children
Except that in all civilised countries women have a right for an abortion though so soon in the pregnancy it is not considered a child. Going back from there is barbarism.

Civilized people do not murder the most innocent of all.

Take your leftist BS and sell it to someone else.

Condoms are still on sale
Condoms aren't a tool in diagnosing cancer
. They got doctors and hospitals for that.. Last I checked women were allowed to go to all nessesary medical facilities in which there are many, but that old murder plantation called Planned Parenthood might no longer be one of them.

You seem very enlightened.

So in your universe, some teen girl would walk into her local ER to inquire about birth control? For gynecologist appointments?
You're creepy, timmy.

What's creepy is men forcing women to reproduce. Next, you assholes will demand women be chained to beds until they deliver.

BTW, how did YOUR last pregnancy end?
That's what I thought.

Do you believe I should be able to force you to reproduce?
That's what I thought.

Who's going to pay for poor women's health care?
That's what I thought.

If RWNJs really wanted to stop abortions, they would go where many many more are done.

If RWNHs really wanted to stop abortions, they would control the source, the actual cause of pregnancy - men.

Instead, RWNJs punish single mothers who work shit jobs to feed, clothe, educate the children that men refuse to. The same RWNJs want to end school programs, food stamps and anything else that benefits the poor.

And most of these inhuman and in humane RWNJ assholes will tell you they are christians.

what's creepy is a man forcing the killing of his own unborn baby...and not being man enough to take responsibility for his own child....

You weren't paying for it. You folks are cutting off your nose to spite your face by defunding Planned Parenthood, which prevents many more abortions than all your twisted propaganda ever will.
. Other clinics or organizations can take over those things you speak of, and that aren't linked or connected to abortion.
Wait a few years and see what happens in the areas that close their Planned Parenthoods. You may be right it's no big deal, but I somehow doubt it.

There is no reason why Planned Parenthood should lose federal or state funding because it is providing a LEGAL procedure. Even Gorsuch says abortion is established law at this point. If you think it is infanticide, by all means don't have one. Help women out of a tough spot so they can choose a different path. But all this closing of abortion clinics that is happening in various southern states and now this ability for states to stop funding PP is definitely an attack on women's freedom to choose. You are punishing women for being the one who bears the child. If men were the ones who got pregnant, I have a feeling this would not have been an issue, ever.

Since when are we obligated to fund anything that is legal?
I don't know how many times you've already been told this, but boy, are you thick. YOU WEREN'T FUNDING ABORTIONS. You are just punishing an organization that is providing a legal service at the patient's expense.

I was literally responding to your post saying we should fund it because its legal.

We have no obligation to fund anything just because it's legal. Whether its abortion or health services we have no obligation to fund it no matter how legal it is.

In fact, if we actually followed the constitution, the federal government has no authority to fund abortion or any other health services. There is no clause that gives the feds power to do anything when it comes to basic medical services outside ancillary military purposes.

So please tell me what obligation the federal government has in funding any of this and stop the nonsense
You want to get rid of Medicare and Medicaid, good luck.

Republicans just voted to spread STD's, cut access to contraceptives (meaning more abortions), and to increase cancer's mortality rate, among other health problems that PP helps with. Well, for 4 years at least until we get a government that does what's best for the nation instead of spreading extremist ideology.

Think it through.

If ending (legal) abortions were really the intent, defunding PP is the last thing that would even be considered. There is really only one reason to defund PP - it harms poor women.

Sure the only way to stop abortion is to fund the biggest abortion providers.

Like a unborn baby isn't human

Or like the earth getting cooler proves that man is warming up the planet

Or how us warming the planet will cause the next ice age

Or hows man mutilating his body to make himself look like a woman means hr is a woman and is perfectly healthy.

Why is reason lost on so many?

Think it through.

It harms the only women too resourceless to fight back.

Forum List

Back