We depend on China for metals used in weaponry but China is cutting us off?

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

This was a scary story. Apparently China is cutting the US off, not allowing us to get metals that only they seem to have.

I can't believe only China has those metals but this US General is saying something like that. So it looks like, according to him, we can't join in overseas wars anymore, to speak of..

This was a scary story. Apparently China is cutting the US off, not allowing us to get metals that only they seem to have.

I can't believe only China has those metals but this US General is saying something like that. So it looks like, according to him, we can't join in overseas wars anymore, to speak of..
Maybe we need to stop antagonizing China

The metal in question is Antimony, and China isn't the world's only source of it.

Again, given the fact that we try to restrict metals as well, I don't think we have the high ground to complain.

The metal in question is Antimony, and China isn't the world's only source of it.

Again, given the fact that we try to restrict metals as well, I don't think we have the high ground to complain.
I don't care about the opinion of someone who LIES about what Trump said (re not caring but wanting our votes). That is not what Trump said or meant. LIAR

I don't care about the opinion of someone who LIES about what Trump said (re not caring but wanting our votes). That is not what Trump said or meant. LIAR
1724875788287.png

Sure, sympathize with the communists, stop antagonizing the human right violators.

Here are a couple of charts for you to chew on. In the bottom 2% for freedom of press and human rights. Those poor, downtrodden authoritarians.

worldpressfreedom.png
humanrightindex.png

Sure, sympathize with the communists, stop antagonizing the human right violators.

Here are a couple of charts for you to chew on. In the bottom 2% for freedom of press and human rights. Those poor, downtrodden authoritarians.

Again, we need to clean up our own house on human rights before we whinge about China.

How is it, we have more people in prison than China does, with five times our population and supposedly being so "Oppressive."

China cut us off on Antimony after we cut them off on computer processing chips. Tit-for-tat and kind of petty.

Again, we need to clean up our own house on human rights before we whinge about China.

How is it, we have more people in prison than China does, with five times our population and supposedly being so "Oppressive."

China cut us off on Antimony after we cut them off on computer processing chips. Tit-for-tat and kind of petty.

You can argue about the tit for tat, I won;t labor that point. However, you cannot associate American trade with what the CCP have done to their own citizens since the 1950s. If you'd like to blame the U.S for that also I will hear you out.

The only legitimate beef they have in terms of Acts of War against them requires that you go back to the Opium War courtesy of the Brits.

Figure it out comrade. Were those who landed on the beaches of Normandy antagonizing the Germans?

Did China start a world war and invade many of it's neighbors?

Oh, wait, China didn't do that?

Yes. Whether you know or not.

Just the poisons alone shipped across your border responsible for 100k deaths a year tells you all you need to know.

Okay, about that.

First, China sells the precursor chemicals.... not the Fentanyl itself. The Precursors are legal and have LEGITIMATE uses. China has agreed wo work with us on controlling the sale and transport of these chemicals.

I consider this pretty decent of them. Especially when the West went to war with China TWICE to maintain the right to sell Opium to the Chinese populace.

Did China start a world war and invade many of it's neighbors?

Oh, wait, China didn't do that?

Okay, about that.

First, China sells the precursor chemicals.... not the Fentanyl itself. The Precursors are legal and have LEGITIMATE uses. China has agreed wo work with us on controlling the sale and transport of these chemicals.

I consider this pretty decent of them. Especially when the West went to war with China TWICE to maintain the right to sell Opium to the Chinese populace.

"PRetty decent of them"? Tell that to the family member of a child who O.D'ed due to this decency.

You can argue about the tit for tat, I won;t labor that point. However, you cannot associate American trade with what the CCP have done to their own citizens since the 1950s. If you'd like to blame the U.S for that also I will hear you out.

What they do to their own citizens really isn't our business, is it?

Not everyone is going to share our values. Some countries think we are barbaric (too many guns, too many prisons, etc.)

The only legitimate beef they have in terms of Acts of War against them requires that you go back to the Opium War courtesy of the Brits.
I think they have more complaints than that.

The unequal treaties.
The Boxer Rebellion
Support of Warlordism after the fall of the Qing Dynasty
Attempts to isolate China after the Civil War.

~~~~~~
I've been saying this for some time now.
America is no longer an industrial manufacturing country.
Our Steel plants are closed, we don't smelt lead, we don't manufacture Copper and we sell our mineral rights to China.

~~~~~~
I've been saying this for some time now.
America is no longer an industrial manufacturing country.
Our Steel plants are closed, we don't smelt lead, we don't manufacture Copper and we sell our mineral rights to China.
Walz was likely chosen by H because of his great love for China

:bang3:

People are just being stupid if they think Harris is going to morph into Trump Lite and stay that way for 4 years. They are being lied to and some of them likely know it or strongly suspect it.. but hey... Trump bad..

Are u sure it's 100,000?

I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose
Well, let's look at that.

We have an opioid epidemic!

Why?

Because for years, Big Pharma got people addicted by encouraging doctors to hand out opioids like Halloween candy.

Because when a drug rehabilitation company tried to set up a clinic in DuPage County, IL, the local townsfolk rose up with the torches and pitchforks.

Because the waiting time to get into a rehab program is months.

But let's blame China for our failures...

Forum List

Back