🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it?

Why don't Republicans just be honest with us and admit....
There is nothing we want to do about it and we will do everything in our power to stop anyone else from doing something
It's the Democrats who are "doing everything in their power to stop anyone else from doing something".

They still virulently oppose the only method that has actually worked to reduce mass shootings: Letting everybody carry who wants to. Most people still wouldn't bother, but a few would.

The nutcases doing these mass shootings have the goal of racking up huge body counts, to terrorize the population and/or get lurid headlines for weeks after they're dead. And the nutcase wanting to shoot up the next school or shopping mall or post office (or French concert hall or café or soccer stadium or Calif mental institute), would know there's a probably a few armed people in the crowd he's about to attack. And he won't know which ones they are, or what direction a bullet might come from.

And most of the recent mass shooters have carefully avoided places where there might be armed people on the premises, choosing so-called "gun free zones" where the liberals' laws are in full effect. They don't want to do their crimes in an area where there's a pretty good chance someone might stop them before they achieve their desired body counts.

So, what conservatives will do, is obey the Constitution and let any law-abiding adult carry who wants to. Most still won't bother, but a few will. And that will make all the difference, as murderers realize they probably won't be able to get their large body counts any more.

Why do these leftist fanatics keep pushing their failed "solutions" after it has become obvious they don't work, and avoiding the solutions that do work?

The solution that works, is already law. It's in the Constitution, in fact. When will Democrats stop blocking and violating it, and let the solution work instead?

Show me the laws passed by Republicans doing anything to reduce gun violence

The GOP Congress has passed 60 bills to repeal Obamacare

In spite of dozens of mass shootings in that timeframe, they have done NOTHING

Even if its "More guns for everyone" legislation, at least it shows they care

Funny, after Newtown Obama couldn't even get the Democrats on board.

Propose anything Republicans
You run the Do Nothing Congress
Can't you offer anything better than prayer?
Propose what? It's already law. The highest law of the land, in fact.

It's not up to Republicans to propose that all law-abiding adults be allowed to carry.

We need Democrats to stop violating the law that mandates that.

Perhaps you should be asking, "What can we do to get Democrats such as myself to stop blocking the law that will reduce mass shootings?"

But of course you will never ask that, will you. :cuckoo:

Your goal is not to reduce mass shootings.

Your goal is to scream at Republicans and try to destroy them.

Perhaps you should be asking, "What can we do to get Democrats such as myself to stop blocking the law that will reduce mass shootings?"
Republicans control congress...
Folks, do you begin to see the brain-dead nature of these liberals pretending they want to reduce mass shootings?

When you point out that Congress has already done everything it needs to, and that the liberals themselves are the ones blocking the solutions and enabling those mass shootings, they simply mumble "....but Republicans control Congress...".

No coherent thoughts, no examination of the truth. They simply repeat their useless mantra over and over. :cuckoo:
What are liberals blocking?

There is nothing we want to do about it and we will do everything in our power to stop anyone else from doing something
How about going after the type of people doing these mass killings... Muslims and leftists??

Go for it

Lets see Republicans do anything other than whimper like little bitches.....That won't work, you can't do that......
A good start would be to eliminate gun free zones, they are an magnet to for these leftists and Muslims...

Why don't Republicans propose it?

Show some balls
If banning gun free zones is their solution, stand up and declare it

They control congress. If they really think that is the answer nothing is stopping them.

It's not up to Republicans to propose that all law-abiding adults be allowed to carry.

It's the Democrats who are "doing everything in their power to stop anyone else from doing something".

They still virulently oppose the only method that has actually worked to reduce mass shootings: Letting everybody carry who wants to. Most people still wouldn't bother, but a few would.

The nutcases doing these mass shootings have the goal of racking up huge body counts, to terrorize the population and/or get lurid headlines for weeks after they're dead. And the nutcase wanting to shoot up the next school or shopping mall or post office (or French concert hall or café or soccer stadium or Calif mental institute), would know there's a probably a few armed people in the crowd he's about to attack. And he won't know which ones they are, or what direction a bullet might come from.

And most of the recent mass shooters have carefully avoided places where there might be armed people on the premises, choosing so-called "gun free zones" where the liberals' laws are in full effect. They don't want to do their crimes in an area where there's a pretty good chance someone might stop them before they achieve their desired body counts.

So, what conservatives will do, is obey the Constitution and let any law-abiding adult carry who wants to. Most still won't bother, but a few will. And that will make all the difference, as murderers realize they probably won't be able to get their large body counts any more.

Why do these leftist fanatics keep pushing their failed "solutions" after it has become obvious they don't work, and avoiding the solutions that do work?

The solution that works, is already law. It's in the Constitution, in fact. When will Democrats stop blocking and violating it, and let the solution work instead?

Show me the laws passed by Republicans doing anything to reduce gun violence

The GOP Congress has passed 60 bills to repeal Obamacare

In spite of dozens of mass shootings in that timeframe, they have done NOTHING

Even if its "More guns for everyone" legislation, at least it shows they care

Funny, after Newtown Obama couldn't even get the Democrats on board.

Oh he got them on board but they quickly figured out if they enjoyed being in Congress they better get off board ASAP

Folks, do you begin to see the brain-dead nature of these liberals pretending they want to reduce mass shootings?
When you point out that Congress has already done everything it needs to, and that the liberals themselves are the ones blocking the solutions and enabling those mass shootings, they simply mumble "....but Republicans control Congress...".
Already answered in this thread.

The liberal fanatics seem to have developed a new tactic here. They repeat a question over and over, ignore when people answer it, and keep repeating it as though no one has answered.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish, aside from pretending the liberal fanatics have something to contribute to the debate.

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it? | Page 30 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Already answered in this thread.

The liberal fanatics seem to have developed a new tactic here. They repeat a question over and over, ignore when people answer it, and keep repeating it as though no one has answered.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish, aside from pretending the liberal fanatics have something to contribute to the debate.

We have a mass shooting problem. What are repubs going to do about it? | Page 30 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Your claim is false. They can't block anything when the republicans are doing nothing. Nothing to block.

Why do we think trading freedom for government power is going to make us safer? Were the people under the Soviet thumb during the cold war really any safer because their government had such total control? Are North Koreans really any safer in their every day lives than we are? It's ironic, isn't it, that those who yearn for freedom value that which those who fear freedom want to give away?

Freedom is scary, messy, uncontrolled and wonderful. If you only want a safe, ordered, controlled existence, stay a child in your parents' house as long as they'll let you stay in the basement, because that's not real life.

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

Only if the permit holders are the ones doing the killing. Can you show that they are?

Huh? We have more permit holders and more mass shootings. I didn't say it was holders doing the shooting, but it doesn't seem to be slowing them either.
When there are more permit holders in the victim group, fewer people die, because there is someone with the means to stop the killing. Clearly, gun free zones are not the answer.

So are repubs going to end gun free zones? Will they force corporations to allow guns?
When are republicans going to propose anything?

Oh you think either the Reps or the Dems will do anything?
What do YOU propose be done? I'm guessing total gun ban? It will never happen, it's a leftist pipe dream

I'm not proposing anything. I want to known what republicans are going to do.

Nothing...everybody will point fingers, scream and yell and in a few days life will go on, until the next time and then it will repeat like it has for years

Democrats want guns gone....
No guns for anyone other then military and law enforcement....
They just don't have the balls to come out and say it but it's what they want.
Of course it will not happen but it's their desire....

That's the Dems solution.

Repubs seem to lack the balls to do anything.

Oh and the Dems have a solution?? Doubt it.

My solution is to arm every American. When someone threatens you with a gun. Pull yours and shoot em.

Republicans run Congress...remember all those celebrations?

What are they going to do about Mass Shootings?

Are they willing to admit they are just a do nothing Congress?

Your claim is false. They can't block anything when the republicans are doing nothing. Nothing to block.
And here we have a liberal fanatic trying to pretend that passing illegal "gun control" laws, "gun free zones" etc. and punishing people who disobey, does NOT block law-abiding citizens from keeping and bearing arms, and deterring mass shooters.

What depths of deception and fakery will these people descend to, in their efforts to pretend someone else is enabling these mass shootings?

And here we have a liberal fanatic trying to pretend that passing illegal "gun control" laws, "gun free zones" etc. and punishing people who disobey, does NOT block law-abiding citizens from keeping and bearing arms, and deterring mass shooters.

What depths of deception and fakery will these people descend to, in their efforts to pretend someone else is enabling these mass shootings?

We are talking about now. Republicans control congress. Why don't they end all those things?

You mean more burdens on the law abiding and laws that don't stop criminals?

Fine, how about you get your universal background checks, convicted felons and mentally unstable can't buy guns, but I get to carry what I want, where I want, when I want, how I want until I prove that I'm unable to deal with the responsibility. You get registration, I get Constitutional Carry with no permits or permission required.

But what you really want is more gun control without giving anything back to law abiding gun owners in compromise and we've given and given and given over the years with nothing in return except more calls that we're not doing enough. So, no thanks.

If Republicans want to admit they are satisfied with the number of mass killings....why don't they just say so?

Huh? We have more permit holders and more mass shootings. I didn't say it was holders doing the shooting, but it doesn't seem to be slowing them either.
When there are more permit holders in the victim group, fewer people die, because there is someone with the means to stop the killing. Clearly, gun free zones are not the answer.

So are repubs going to end gun free zones? Will they force corporations to allow guns?

I'm not proposing anything. I want to known what republicans are going to do.

Nothing...everybody will point fingers, scream and yell and in a few days life will go on, until the next time and then it will repeat like it has for years

My solution is to arm every American. When someone threatens you with a gun. Pull yours and shoot em.

Oh and what would you like them to do and what do you think the Dems would do??

Oh and mass shootings is the point you want to make unfortunately the real point is was this a terrorist attack or not??

Only a biased hack would turn it into a gun control issue. Who cares about fourteen dead people in a possible terrorist attack? Certainly not you. All you want to do is belabor guns once again.

Oh and as I recall the Dems were in control when we had mass shootings. What did they do about them?

The same things the reps will do. Nothing because there is nothing you can do about them unless you want to kill the people who are the weapons. The weapons that use the tool The gun.

Last edited:

We are talking about now. Republicans control congress. Why don't they end all those things?
And now the liberal fanatic is trying to pretend he wants his "gun control" laws repealed.

And now the liberal fanatic is trying to pretend he wants his "gun control" laws repealed.

I'm an independent. Why do you think repubs want those laws repealed? If they think that is what should happen they could do it. They control congress.

Oh and what would you like them to do and what do you think the Dems would do??

Oh and mass shootings is the point you want to make unfortunately the real point is was this a terrorist attack or not??

Oh and as I recall the Dems were in control when we had mass shootings. What did they do about them?

The same things the reps will do. Nothing because there is nothing you can do about them.

Well there is. They can ignore who is responsible for "mass shootings, to wit:

1) Mentally ill
2) Terrorists
3) Criminals

It's simpler, easier, and more sound-bite friendly to go after the law-abiding gunowners and make it harder for those people to get guns. Citizens who don't fit any of the above categories are the low hanging fruit.

It's obvious more laws can never help, dumba$$

It's obvious more laws can never help, dumba$$

So just prayer then?

Forum List

Back