We have a Pope

tumblr_mbhv5nqryS1qba8m9o1_500.jpg

In all fairness, My Sister (a good Catholic) says that its true that this guy is a hard ass, and that he wont tolerate the diddling of children, or another bull shit.

In all fairness, My Sister (a good Catholic) says that its true that this guy is a hard ass, and that he wont tolerate the diddling of children, or another bull shit.

I just don't believe that. They've tolerated it and hidden the pedophile priests for generations. Nothing will stop a pedo-priest and nothing will clean up the filth of the church.

Let's see what he does with the former cardinal in Scotland just forced to resign because of his forced homosexual relations on seminarians of age. Since all were of age, I don't know if he can force the priest out of the priesthood, but perhaps he will confine him to a nunnery as the nun's chaplain.

I care about who the pope is, about as much as I care about who is head of the Mormon Church, another "Top Down" authoritarian religion...which means that I don't care at all... with the exception that I am most gratified that I don't believe in any of their teachings.

Shame, you could be so much more than you are if you believed.

I could do w/o some of the graphics and comments, too.

Secrecy is how they got away with so much for so many hundreds of years. The graphics and comments are crude but the truth needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

No more letting them hide their vile actions behind the closed doors of the confessional.

Evil--yes, it is truly despicable.

And there are other truly despicable and indefensible matters.

Start somewhere and go forward -that is about all that can be done?

I could do w/o some of the graphics and comments, too.

Secrecy is how they got away with so much for so many hundreds of years. The graphics and comments are crude but the truth needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

No more letting them hide their vile actions behind the closed doors of the confessional.

Evil--yes, it is truly despicable.

And there are other truly despicable and indefensible matters.

Start somewhere and go forward -that is about all that can be done?

Oh I agree wholeheartedly but in this case, there is so much money and power protecting the monsters who have done this and continue to do it - The victims will never get justice.

It made me feel ill tonight - watching all the upturned faces and listening to the CRAP about hope for the future and yadda yadda.

Child victims are given a life sentence. They never get sent to a secluded island paradise like these priests do. They have to live with the shame and guilt their whole lives. Evil is exactly the right word to describe the Catholic church.

I just don't believe that. They've tolerated it and hidden the pedophile priests for generations. Nothing will stop a pedo-priest and nothing will clean up the filth of the church.
we will see talk is cheap lets judge him by him action

white smoke

Not enthused....he's a homophobe. And in light of all of the gay priests and pedophiles in the Catholic laity...it's quite ridiculous for him to be such. I see the Catholic Church as the ultimate in hypocrisy and having no moral authority.

I still believe this will be enough to unify the masses and resources of the people to solve problems as a whole.

Obama was only half Black and half white, and that was enough to unify the Blacks from both parties to support him. We still have a ways to go with unifying liberal Democrat and conservative Republican; so maybe the Christian/Constitutional focus on agreed solutions to immigration reform will force a reckoning and resolution from left and right. This choice for Pope can only help push that issue more, where the solutions will require collaboration between all nations and all groups, whether church or state, nonprofit or business or school.

Out of pure necessity for survival, we will see unity come out of all this mess going on now.

Emily..it dont mean squat unless you are a Catholic.....i am an ex catholic and i will not listen to any more of their bullshit.....Obama did not unify any blacks.....the blacks of this Country overall vote Democrat....i dont care what color the Prez is....

$.02?

The fact that he is not 'from Europe' has been mentioned several times. Perhaps he does have greater perspective because of that? Not a Catholic and I am only repeating what is being 'said'.

The cardinal? interviewed on CNN mentioned things like this. He sounded realistic--there are issues that need to be addressed and whether 'all the issues' can be resolved some improvement is needed.

yea we will see.....maybe Cardinal Mahony will give him some advice.....

Forum List

Back