We KNEW it would happen sooner or later.. Vegas victim suing

They did because the actual law prevents modification to the gun itself. A bump stock doesn't do that.
Adding something to a gun doesn't modify it? Talk about unclear on the concept. :lol:
The bump stock is a legal mod because it doesnt alter the rate of fire. It SIMULATES it.
He said "the actual law prevents modification to the gun itself. A bump stock doesn't do that". That's simply not correct.

Adding a stock to the weapon does not change the mechanical operation of the gun. EOS.
Adding ANYTHING to a gun modifies it. Not saying it makes it illegal or anything, just that if you add something to something else, it modifies it.
The only modification that is illegal to apply to a semiautomatic rifle is the modification of the firing mechanism to make it fully automatic

I don't really see why that is so hard to understand

Adding ANYTHING to a gun modifies it. Not saying it makes it illegal or anything, just that if you add something to something else, it modifies it.

It does not modify the operation of the mechanical parts at all! I can take a gun, remove the stock, remove the pistol grip, cut off the barrel and it will still operate as though all of that were still present because they do not affect the mechanical operation of the weapon. You will still get just as dead.
With a bump stock, would Paddock have been able to empty a clip while simply holding his finger on the trigger?
No, he would have to keep pulling the trigger. There is only a difference of about two bullets per second, typically.
If he had to keep pulling the trigger, what purpose does a bump stock serve?
I misunderstood your question. I took it as without a bump stock.
No problem. So again... with a bump stock, would Paddock have been able to empty a clip while simply holding his finger on the trigger?

It does not modify the operation of the mechanical parts at all! I can take a gun, remove the stock, remove the pistol grip, cut off the barrel and it will still operate as though all of that were still present because they do not affect the mechanical operation of the weapon. You will still get just as dead.
With a bump stock, would Paddock have been able to empty a clip while simply holding his finger on the trigger?
No, he would have to keep pulling the trigger. There is only a difference of about two bullets per second, typically.
No problem. So again... with a bump stock, would Paddock have been able to empty a clip while simply holding his finger on the trigger?
yes. You keep the trigger in and the stock bumps and your finger simulates a faster rate of fire.

With a bump stock all that happens is the trigger is pulled faster by using the natural recoil of the rifle to move the rifle back and forth the trigger is not just depressed once it is depressed many times so the rate of fire is still one shot per trigger pull

yes. You keep the trigger in and the stock bumps and your finger simulates a faster rate of fire.
actually it's more accurate to say you keep your trigger finger stationary while the rifle moves back and forth

actually it's more accurate to say you keep your trigger finger stationary while the rifle moves back and forth
thats what i meant when i said "keep the trigger in"
Perhaps not the best choice of words. lol

If one can empty a clip by holding the trigger as opposed to having to manually squeeze the trigger to fire each and every round, why are some folks on here lying and claiming a bump stock doesn’t modify the operation of the gun? That clearly modifies the operation.

And when you say it “simulates a faster rate of fire,” you actually mean it really does fire st a faster rate. I read a bump stock can enable a shooter to get off as many as 800 rounds per minute, depending on the weapon used. No human can squeeze a trigger 800 times in a minute without some mechanical aid. So it’s not simulating a faster rate, it actually is s faster rate.

If one can empty a clip by holding the trigger as opposed to having to squeeze the trigger to fire each and every round, why are some folks on here lying and claiming a bump stock doesn’t modify the operation of the gun? That clearly modifies the operation.

And when you say it “simulates a faster rate of fire,” you actually mean it really does fire st a faster rate. I read a bump stock can enable a shooter to get off as many as 800 rounds per minute, depending on the weapon used. No human can squeeze a trigger 800 times in a minute without some mechanical aid. So it’s not simulating a faster rate, it actually is s faster rate.
No it SIMULATES it. It bumps against your finger. The mechanism itself isnt modified.
If you need more clarification than that, read the ATF letter i posted a few pages back.

If one can empty a clip by holding the trigger as opposed to having to squeeze the trigger to fire each and every round, why are some folks on here lying and claiming a bump stock doesn’t modify the operation of the gun? That clearly modifies the operation.

It doesn't make the rifle fully auto.

What makes a rifle fully auto are very specific differences in the trigger mechanism and the bolt carrier.

All bump firing does is use the recoil of the rifle (the back and forth motion) to pull the trigger and only one shot is fired per trigger pull.

You can bump fire without a bump stock

No it SIMULATES it. It bumps against your finger. The mechanism itself isnt modified.
If you need more clarification than that, read the ATF letter i posted a few pages back.
Don’t have to read it again because I didn’t say it modifies “the mechanism itself.” I said it modifies the operation of the gun.

Without a bump stock, a shooter has to manually squeeze the trigger multiple times to empty a clip.

With a bump stock, the shooter only has to manually squeeze the trigger once to empty a clip.

That is a modification to the operation of the gun.

Don’t have to read it again because I didn’t say it modifies “the mechanism itself.” I said it modifies the operation of the gun.

Without a bump stock, a shooter has to manually squeeze the trigger multiple times to empty a clip.

With a bump stock, the shooter only has to manually squeeze the trigger once to empty a clip.

LOL ok
That doesnt matter under federal law anyways

No.
It doesn't change anything in regards to the firing of the rifle. Bump firing is merely a technique that can increase the speed of the trigger pull. The trigger is still pulled once for every round fired

What makes a rifle fully auto are very specific differences in the trigger mechanism and the bolt carrier.

All bump firing does is use the recoil of the rifle (the back and forth motion) to pull the trigger and only one shot is fired per trigger pull.

Try reading for clarity. I didn’t say it makes the gun fully automatic.

But when I came on this thread, I saw someone posting how a bump stock doesn’t modify the operation of a gun. I’m merely pointing out how absurd such a statement is.

LOL ok
Well for now it doesn’t. Hopefully that changes.

Try reading for clarity. I didn’t say it makes the gun fully automatic.

But when I came on this thread, I saw someone posting how a bump stock doesn’t modify the operation of a gun. I’m merely pointing out how absurd such a statement is.

It doesn't modify the operation at all.

The operation is exactly the same the only thing that changes is the speed of the trigger pull.

I can bump fire without any accessories added to my rifle. Would you say that my rifle has been modified if I can bump fire with nothing but my two hands?

No.
It doesn't change anything in regards to the firing of the rifle. Bump firing is merely a technique that can increase the speed of the trigger pull. The trigger is still pulled once for every round fired
One squeeze is all that’s needed. After that, simply maintaining that one squeeze will empty the clip.

No.
One squeeze is all that’s needed. After that, simply maintaining that one squeeze will empty the clip.
no you are wrong.

The trigger is pulled once for each round fired.

Look at it this way

If I took a dowel and placed it in the trigger guard then I used my hands to move the rifle back and forth I am replicating bump firing. The trigger has to be depressed and released for every round fired the only difference is that instead of my finger moving back and forth I am moving the gun back and forth

No.
no you are wrong.

Look at it this way

If I took a dowel and placed it in the trigger guard then I used my hands to move the rifle back and forth I am replicating bump firing. The trigger has to be depressed and released for every round fired the only difference is that instead of my finger moving back and forth I am moving the gun back and forth
It still requires nothing more than squeezing the trigger once and maintaining that squeeze. As you even admitting, a bump stock enables the shooter to fire more rapidly — that’s modifying the operation of the gun. :eusa_doh:

No.
no you are wrong.

Look at it this way

It still requires nothing more than squeezing the trigger once and maintaining that squeeze. As you even admitting, a bump stock enables the shooter to fire more rapidly — that’s modifying the operation of the gun. :eusa_doh:

No you are wrong.

You don't just pull the trigger and keep it depressed when you are bump firing. The trigger gets pulled and released but instead of your finger moving and the gun staying stationary your finger stays stationary and you allow the recoil of the gun to move the gun back and forth

I don't know how many different ways I can explain this to you.

You pull the trigger once for every round. You have to as that is the very definition of a semiautomatic rifle.

LOL ok
Well for now it doesn’t. Hopefully that changes.
Yes, we need more gun laws. That .00000001% of the population that abuses our freedoms should absolutely ruin it for the rest of us.

Forum List

Back