We KNEW it would happen sooner or later.. Vegas victim suing

If he was hell bent on murder as he was what law would have stopped him?

He could have just as easily fired those shots without a bump stock
He could have bought a Ford F350 and an 8 foot snow plow and killed as many or more.

The intent of the person is the causal factor not a gun not an accessory for a gun not a truck etc
But how does he shoot 600 people in such a short time if there had been laws outlawing what he used?

There were no laws outlawing what he used!

That's like asking what would have happened had he slipped in the shower, cracked his skull, and died before shooting anyone.
So you're comparing a 600 person shooting to falling in the shower? :cuckoo:

You really ARE that stupid! You need to log off this web site and do a Google search for adult education opportunities in your area.

Your ass is D-U-M-B!
If I'm so dumb, then tell me, if there would have been laws in place outlawing what the Vegas shooter used, how would he have killed and wounded as many as he did from that window?

Related information - New tests: Even inexperienced shooters can be fast, accurate when shooting cops

"A strong majority of the shooters fired all 3 rounds within 1.5 seconds. That included reaction time in responding to the timer signal. Some were able to react and shoot all 3 shots within 1 second. A “very large majority” fired all 3 with about a quarter-second between shots. Some were longer, up to .35-.40.

An actual assailant who is deciding when to shoot without reacting to an auditory signal and who is likely bringing his gun out and up with his finger already on the trigger could be expected to get a first round off even faster than the volunteers, Avery said.
A strong majority of the shooters fired all 3 rounds within 1.5 seconds. That included reaction time in responding to the timer signal. Some were able to react and shoot all 3 shots within 1 second. A “very large majority” fired all 3 with about a quarter-second between shots. Some were longer, up to .35-.40.

An actual assailant who is deciding when to shoot without reacting to an auditory signal and who is likely bringing his gun out and up with his finger already on the trigger could be expected to get a first round off even faster than the volunteers, Avery said."

---

These figures are for hand guns, only three shots, and [I believe] a stationary target but in that case math spits out 2,700 kills...

I think we'd have to guess on long range, multi-target for novices, but I'll see if I can find any studies on it.

But how does he shoot 600 people in such a short time if there had been laws outlawing what he used?

That's like asking what would have happened had he slipped in the shower, cracked his skull, and died before shooting anyone.

You really ARE that stupid! You need to log off this web site and do a Google search for adult education opportunities in your area.

Your ass is D-U-M-B!
If I'm so dumb, then tell me, if there would have been laws in place outlawing what the Vegas shooter used, how would he have killed and wounded as many as he did from that window?

Related information - New tests: Even inexperienced shooters can be fast, accurate when shooting cops

"A strong majority of the shooters fired all 3 rounds within 1.5 seconds. That included reaction time in responding to the timer signal. Some were able to react and shoot all 3 shots within 1 second. A “very large majority” fired all 3 with about a quarter-second between shots. Some were longer, up to .35-.40.

An actual assailant who is deciding when to shoot without reacting to an auditory signal and who is likely bringing his gun out and up with his finger already on the trigger could be expected to get a first round off even faster than the volunteers, Avery said.
A strong majority of the shooters fired all 3 rounds within 1.5 seconds. That included reaction time in responding to the timer signal. Some were able to react and shoot all 3 shots within 1 second. A “very large majority” fired all 3 with about a quarter-second between shots. Some were longer, up to .35-.40.

An actual assailant who is deciding when to shoot without reacting to an auditory signal and who is likely bringing his gun out and up with his finger already on the trigger could be expected to get a first round off even faster than the volunteers, Avery said."

---

These figures are for hand guns, only three shots, and [I believe] a stationary target but in that case math spits out 2,700 kills...

I think we'd have to guess on long range, multi-target for novices, but I'll see if I can find any studies on it.
Nowhere near the rounds discharged in Vegas in the same amount of time. Please try again.

If they wanted to sell something like that to licensed target ranges and made sure that those fucking things weren't allowed off the range under ANY circumstances, fine. It turns a semi into a machine gun. And don't say it doesn't. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a DUCK.
Its LEGAL
WELL IT SHOULDN'T BE!
But your feels arent grounds for suing. Sorry. Maybe in 50 years when the bedwetters take complete control
They never should have been made legal by the ATF to begin with. What were they thinking?
No civilian needs a steenkin machine gun and I don't care if you made it a machine gun from empty catfood tins, if it fires like one it should be as illegal as the machine gun itself.

A video linked on USMB shows anyone can use a rubber band to accomplish the same thing as a bump stock. Thick rubber band is best.

Well then thick rubber bands need to be regulated. You should need a license to purchase a thick rubber band and be able to pass a background check.

Its LEGAL
WELL IT SHOULDN'T BE!
But your feels arent grounds for suing. Sorry. Maybe in 50 years when the bedwetters take complete control
They never should have been made legal by the ATF to begin with. What were they thinking?
No civilian needs a steenkin machine gun and I don't care if you made it a machine gun from empty catfood tins, if it fires like one it should be as illegal as the machine gun itself.

A video linked on USMB shows anyone can use a rubber band to accomplish the same thing as a bump stock. Thick rubber band is best.

Well then thick rubber bands need to be regulated. You should need a license to purchase a thick rubber band and be able to pass a background check.

Best ban 3d printers too. Those things can print a gun, even an automatic as I understand it. They were sitting at $250 last I checked.

The objects discussed are irrelevant to the intention and action of the person wielding them
So if the Vegas shooter didn't have the firepower that he had, how does he shoot 600 people from a window far away in the 10 or so minutes it took to find him? :popcorn:

He could have bought a Ford F350 and an 8 foot snow plow and killed as many or more.

The intent of the person is the causal factor not a gun not an accessory for a gun not a truck etc

Do you know that 600 people were shot?

All I know is 600 people were injured. Many of those could be injuries from falls or getting stepped on for all we know

So if the Vegas shooter didn't have the firepower that he had, how does he shoot 600 people from a window far away in the 10 or so minutes it took to find him? :popcorn:

All I know is 600 people were injured. Many of those could be injuries from falls or getting stepped on for all we know
Around 600. Do you feel any better now that you know UNDER 600 people where killed or injured?
Maybe you should compare the Vegas shooting to a paper cut, falling in a shower seems a bit strong, don't you think? :biggrin:

Las Vegas shooting: Lawsuit filed as new questions raised over timeline - CNN
California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice the shooter's behavior in several instances.
Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM, of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.
The lawsuit, which also names the shooter's estate and other entities, comes as an MGM employee says he owes his life to Campos' heroism, and as Lombardo tells the local newspaper that he refuses "to say that somebody dropped the ball."
---
Frivolous bullshit.
I bet she was in tears of joy before she even felt the blood coming out.
Dont even know the motive and already there are law suits.... SMH
Pathetic
I hope the judge throws it out and forces to her to pay everyones legal fees like they did an aurora victims mother.
My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
I know I will be pillaged for this, but I see some merit in suing the manufacture of the bump stock. The whole design was made to circumvent the law. At least in my opinion.

Although I don't believe having the bump stock necessarily caused the injury total to increase she would have to prove it did.

California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice the shooter's behavior in several instances.
Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM, of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.
The lawsuit, which also names the shooter's estate and other entities, comes as an MGM employee says he owes his life to Campos' heroism, and as Lombardo tells the local newspaper that he refuses "to say that somebody dropped the ball."
---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
I hope the judge throws it out and forces to her to pay everyones legal fees like they did an aurora victims mother.
My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
I know I will be pillaged for this, but I see some merit in suing the manufacture of the bump stock. The whole design was made to circumvent the law. At least in my opinion.

Although I don't believe having the bump stock necessarily caused the injury total to increase she would have to prove it did.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
Bump stock manufacturers for sure should be sued. They made a product that turned something illegal. People need to take responsibility for what they put out there. But I bet they won't.
You Sound like a pussy whipped bitch, You have any idea what a bump stock even is?
You need to get educated you silly little fucker... Homemade Bump fire stock - AR15.COM

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
Bump stock manufacturers for sure should be sued. They made a product that turned something illegal. People need to take responsibility for what they put out there. But I bet they won't.
You Sound like a pussy whipped bitch, You have any idea what a bump stock even is?
You need to get educated you silly little fucker... Homemade Bump fire stock - AR15.COM

Pussies are those who are afraid to leave home without a gun stuffed in their bra....like yourself.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

Pussies are those who are afraid to leave home without a gun stuffed in their bra....like yourself.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

Pussies are afraid of firearms, Firearms are harmless on their own

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

So what? Outlaw them. They are not needed for self-defense or hunting.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

I don’t give two shits about bump stocks, They were never great sellers for me till Vegas. Now I’m sold out of them.
But banning bump stocks is like putting up Band-Aid on a broken arm, it may look like you’re doing something but it doesn’t fix shit it just makes things much worse.
Banning things like bump stocks is a slippery slope... Very frivolous in nature.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

I don’t give two shits about bump stocks, They were never great sellers for me till Vegas. Now I’m sold out of them.
But banning bump stocks is like putting up Band-Aid on a broken arm, it may look like you’re doing something but it doesn’t fix shit it just makes things much worse.
Banning things like bump stocks is a slippery slope... Very frivolous in nature.

Ok, so you're a gun dealer. You opinion is so tainted on this subject as to be pretty much useless.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

Ok, so you're a gun dealer. You opinion is so tainted on this subject as to be pretty much useless.

And the opinion of a snowflake as yourself?

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

It was signed off by the ATF

Around 600. Do you feel any better now that you know UNDER 600 people where killed or injured?
Maybe you should compare the Vegas shooting to a paper cut, falling in a shower seems a bit strong, don't you think? :biggrin:
Gee forgive me if I happen to think ACCURACY is important

Ya, ok, because accuracy about exactly how many were shot is more important than trying to defend your comment comparing a mass shooting to a slip in the shower. Got it.

Ya, ok, because accuracy about exactly how many were shot is more important than trying to defend your comment comparing a mass shooting to a slip in the shower. Got it.

I made the comment about slipping in the shower. Try reading it again.

I said, "That's like asking what would have happened had he slipped in the shower, cracked his skull, and died before shooting anyone."

I honestly believe that most liberalism is cause by the lack of ability to read for comprehension. Your stupidity is that you cannot read!

I made the comment about slipping in the shower. Try reading it again.

I said, "That's like asking what would have happened had he slipped in the shower, cracked his skull, and died before shooting anyone."

I honestly believe that most liberalism is cause by the lack of ability to read for comprehension. Your stupidity is that you cannot read!

Forum List

Back