"We Know in 2001 Cell Phones Worked Up To 50,000 Feet and..."

I just can't help but laugh every time I see that people believe there are AA units around the pentagon.... LOL I bet they believe there are hidden Quad 50's at the White house too.

Here's another example of your collective inability to analyze info. Why is it so many of you assume my pointing out the fact there are no phone records automatically assuming I'm implying it was a government inside job? The reason is simple: you live in a bipolar world of black and white and are unable to use any imagination. Stop trying to make your conclusions fit neatly around the facts because it isn't working.

Ponder this you little einsteins: one does not have to believe it was either all terrorists or all an inside job. Here's another aspect to consider: the hijackers were not the only criminal organization in the world with a motive to attack.
Really...so who then do you think was responsible and in cahoots with our government?

For flight 77 the first claimed cell call occurred at 9:12 am.

Please provide a link for this. I want to see the actual claim that someone is making that a CELL PHONE call was made at 9:12 from flight 77.

Should be easy since you obviously have it handy and are arguing that it is not possible.
There isn't one.

From the 9/11 Report:

At 9:12, Renee May called her mother,Nancy May, in Las Vegas. She said
her flight was being hijacked by six individuals who had moved them to the
rear of the plane. She asked her mother to alert American Airlines. Nancy May
and her husband promptly did so.56
At some point between 9:16 and 9:26, Barbara Olson called her husband,
Ted Olson, the solicitor general of the United States. She reported that the
flight had been hijacked, and the hijackers had knives and box cutters. She further
indicated that the hijackers were not aware of her phone call, and that they
had put all the passengers in the back of the plane. About a minute into the
conversation, the call was cut off. Solicitor General Olson tried unsuccessfully
to reach Attorney General John Ashcroft.
Shortly after the first call, Barbara Olson reached her husband again. She
reported that the pilot had announced that the flight had been hijacked, and
she asked her husband what she should tell the captain to do.Ted Olson asked
for her location and she replied that the aircraft was then flying over houses.
Another passenger told her they were traveling northeast.The Solicitor General
then informed his wife of the two previous hijackings and crashes. She did
not display signs of panic and did not indicate any awareness of an impending
crash. At that point, the second call was cut off.

Even most Troofers have dropped the cell phone conspiracy theory. The phones did work and they were the real voices of passengers. This one should just be dropped. It just doesn't help the Troofer cause.

I'd like to know where this "quote" came from ... it only exists on this message board.

We Know in 2001 Cell Phones Worked Up To 50,000 Feet

Google

Please provide a link for this. I want to see the actual claim that someone is making that a CELL PHONE call was made at 9:12 from flight 77.

Should be easy since you obviously have it handy and are arguing that it is not possible.
There isn't one.

From the 9/11 Report:

At 9:12, Renee May called her mother,Nancy May, in Las Vegas. She said
her flight was being hijacked by six individuals who had moved them to the
rear of the plane. She asked her mother to alert American Airlines. Nancy May
and her husband promptly did so.56
At some point between 9:16 and 9:26, Barbara Olson called her husband,
Ted Olson, the solicitor general of the United States. She reported that the
flight had been hijacked, and the hijackers had knives and box cutters. She further
indicated that the hijackers were not aware of her phone call, and that they
had put all the passengers in the back of the plane. About a minute into the
conversation, the call was cut off. Solicitor General Olson tried unsuccessfully
to reach Attorney General John Ashcroft.
Shortly after the first call, Barbara Olson reached her husband again. She
reported that the pilot had announced that the flight had been hijacked, and
she asked her husband what she should tell the captain to do.Ted Olson asked
for her location and she replied that the aircraft was then flying over houses.
Another passenger told her they were traveling northeast.The Solicitor General
then informed his wife of the two previous hijackings and crashes. She did
not display signs of panic and did not indicate any awareness of an impending
crash. At that point, the second call was cut off.

Right, so where is Curvelight getting the statement that it was made CELL PHONE at 9:12 am? That's what I am curious about.

Maybe it's another "I was mistaken" excuse like the "30,000 foot cell phone call" that was supposedly in the CR.

Even most Troofers have dropped the cell phone conspiracy theory. The phones did work and they were the real voices of passengers. This one should just be dropped. It just doesn't help the Troofer cause.

If we're using "not helping the troofer cause" as a barometer of whether or not they should comment, I would submit that they should all shut the hell up as nothing ever written has actually helped the "cause."

It is in the O
P link.....not to mention several news reports right after the events......

It is in the O
The OP link is wrong. Whoever wrote the OP link has editorialized. Notice that the 9/11 Commission's statement DOES NOT back up what the OP claims.

On flight AA 77, which allegedly crashed into the Pentagon, the transponder was turned off at 8:56am; the recorded altitude at the time the transponder was turned off is not mentioned. According to the Commission's Report, cell calls started 16 minutes later, at 9:12am, twenty minutes before it (allegedly) crashed into the Pentagon at 9.32am:
" [at 9.12] Renee May called her mother, Nancy May, in Las Vegas. She said her flight was being hijacked by six individuals who had moved them to the rear of the plane."

I'd like to know where this "quote" came from ... it only exists on this message board.

Google

I looked for that also. Couldn't find it either.

I already posted the link for that too. How many times do I need to re-post the same links to the same info?
The link you posted merely shows some other blowhard making the claim that someone said cell phones work up to 50,000.

Where is the source? Oh, right...there isn't one.

You really are an idiot. :lol::lol::lol:

Google

That is what David Coburn of Popular Mechanics claimed in response to troofers pointing out cell calls would not have happened at cruising altitude and speed.
rightwingnuthouse.com/archives/2007/08/21/911-truthers-gut-punched-by-history-channel/

That's the second time I posted the link. He said it on the HC's bullshit documentary about 9E.

I looked for that also. Couldn't find it either.

I already posted the link for that too. How many times do I need to re-post the same links to the same info?
The link you posted merely shows some other blowhard making the claim that someone said cell phones work up to 50,000.

Where is the source? Oh, right...there isn't one.

You really are an idiot. :lol::lol::lol:

Really? I'm an idiot because I'm pointing out what David Coburn stated on the History Channel?

It is in the O

Right. So I clicked on the link you provided and read the paragraph about Flight 77's calls. Here isthe quote from that link:
American Airlines Flight 77

American Airlines Flight 77 was scheduled to depart from Washington Dulles for Los Angeles at 8:10... "At 8:46, the flight reached its assigned cruising altitude of 35,000 feet."

At 8:51, American 77 transmitted its last routine radio communication. The hijacking began between 8:51 and 8:54. As on American 11 and United 175, the hijackers used knives (reported by one passenger) and moved all the passengers (and possibly crew) to the rear of the aircraft (reported by one flight attendant and one passenger). Unlike the earlier flights, the Flight 77 hijackers were reported by a passenger to have box cutters. Finally, a passenger reported that an announcement had been made by the “pilot” that the plane had been hijacked....

On flight AA 77, which allegedly crashed into the Pentagon, the transponder was turned off at 8:56am; the recorded altitude at the time the transponder was turned off is not mentioned. According to the Commission's Report, cell calls started 16 minutes later, at 9:12am, twenty minutes before it (allegedly) crashed into the Pentagon at 9.32am:

" [at 9.12] Renee May called her mother, Nancy May, in Las Vegas. She said her flight was being hijacked by six individuals who had moved them to the rear of the plane."

According to the Report, when the autopilot was disengaged at 9:29am, the aircraft was at 7,000 feet and some 38 miles west of the Pentagon. This happened two minutes before the crash.

Most of the calls on Flight 77 were placed between 9.12am and 9.26am, prior to the disengagement of automatic piloting at 9.29am. The plane could indeed have been traveling at either a higher or a lower altitude to that reached at 9.29. Yet, at the same time there is no indication in the Report that the plane had been traveling below the 7000 feet level, which it reached at 9.29am.

At some point between 9:16 and 9:26, Barbara Olson called her husband, Ted Olson, the solicitor general of the United States. [using an airphone]

(Report p 7, see http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Ch1.pdf )

The only part I see that mentions CELL calls is this statement from the quote above:
According to the Commission's Report, cell calls started 16 minutes later

To which you even admitted that there was no mention of cell calls in the CR:
You're absolutely correct about the final report as it does not definitively provide proof how the calls were made nor where they came from. I apologize for claiming the CR said May's calls came from a cell. I believe I had read that regarding one of the Hearings but it was not included in the final report.

So why are you continuing to post bogus information that you yourself have admitted to being incorrect?

It is in the O
The OP link is wrong. Whoever wrote the OP link has editorialized. Notice that the 9/11 Commission's statement DOES NOT back up what the OP claims.

That could be because during hearings cell phones were stated, as well as several news reports. I do agree the article is incorrect to state the 9E CR states it was a cell phone as the Report fails to provide any evidence of what kind of phone was used.

It is in the O

That could be because during hearings cell phones were stated, as well as several news reports. I do agree the article is incorrect to state the 9E CR states it was a cell phone as the Report fails to provide any evidence of what kind of phone was used.

So what's the point of this thread then? Since we have established that all your other claims in the OP are based on incorrect information, is the only thing left to discuss the statement from Coburn as being correct or incorrect?

It is in the O

Right. So I clicked on the link you provided and read the paragraph about Flight 77's calls. Here isthe quote from that link:

The only part I see that mentions CELL calls is this statement from the quote above:
According to the Commission's Report, cell calls started 16 minutes later

To which you even admitted that there was no mention of cell calls in the CR:
You're absolutely correct about the final report as it does not definitively provide proof how the calls were made nor where they came from. I apologize for claiming the CR said May's calls came from a cell. I believe I had read that regarding one of the Hearings but it was not included in the final report.

So why are you continuing to post bogus information that you yourself have admitted to being incorrect?

I'm not "continuing" to post bogus info. I'm pointing out Olson claimed his wife called on a cell and several news reports were may and olson both used cells. The CR fails to mention any of that as well as provide any actual evidence of the calls themselves.

So what's the point of this thread then? Since we have established that all your other claims in the OP are based on incorrect information, is the only thing left to discuss the statement from Coburn as being correct or incorrect?

There is no hard evidence of the calls. The "50,000 feet" comment was to help show how biased PM has become about the issue. How many times do you need this repeated?

Well, that was the claim from some guy working for Popular Mechanics. He never supports that claim, but since he said it then it must be true! Unfortunately, the facts do not support his claim. The HC is running its old bullshit "look at 9E" which is really just airwave fodder for people gullible and insecure enough to simply accept what the government says and to not question such stellar publications such as Poopular Mekanics.

Here's some info:

"Travelers could be talking on their personal cellphones as early as 2006. Earlier this month [July 2004], American Airlines conducted a trial run on a modified aircraft that permitted cell phone calls." (WP,July 27, 2004)

Aviation Week (07/20/04) described this new technology in an authoritative report published in July 2004:

"Qualcomm and American Airlines are exploring [July 2004] ways for passengers to use commercial cell phones inflight for air-to- ground communication. In a recent 2-hr. proof-of-concept flight, representatives from government and the media used commercial Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) third-generation cell phones to place and receive calls and text messages from friends on the ground. For the test flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, the aircraft was equipped with an antenna in the front and rear of the cabin to transmit cell phone calls to a small in-cabin CDMA cellular base station. This "pico cell" transmitted cell phone calls from the aircraft via a Globalstar satellite to the worldwide terrestrial phone network"

Needless to say, neither the service, nor the "third generation" hardware, nor the "Picco cell" CDMA base station inside the cabin (which so to speak mimics a cell phone communication tower inside the plane) were available on the morning of September 11, 2001."
The 9/11 Cell Phone Calls

Wow. There was not a whole lot of buzz about those announcements. How do OCTAs defend the claim cell calls were possible?

I went on about 6 flights between Boston and Nebraska between 2005 and 2006 and my cell signal dropped shortly after take off and didn't come back until after landing and this was the usual for other passengers trying to use their cells as well. Personal experiences aside, there is no evidence cell phones would have been operational on 9/11 from those altitudes and speeds. For flight 77 the first claimed cell call occurred at 9:12 am. According to the flight path by the 9E CR, flight 77 would have been too high and traveling too fast for calls to be possible.

I have no doubt nobody can prove cell phones were capable of conversational operations on 9/11 on flight 77 at 9:12 am. Is there anyone who can prove that was possible? I've provided evidence it was not possible. I anticipate two usual events: the usual dickless whiny wonders of fizzbitch, Snitch Bitch, Diveass, and Candyass will do nothing but try to distract and nobody will provide actual evidence showing the cell call from flight 77 at 9:12am was technologically possible.

They do have phones on planes that you can call to the ground from. Next.

Forum List

Back