“We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’ ”

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
I remember a few people here spouting words to the effect that Donald Trump is a successful writer. Few rational, thinking people could swallow that one. I decided to post about Trump's book. It's an interesting story. One that doesn't exactly square with Trump's version of reality.

“We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’ ”

If that was so, Schwartz thought, then he, not Trump, should be running. Schwartz dashed off a tweet: “Many thanks Donald Trump for suggesting I run for President, based on the fact that I wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’

“Tony created Trump. He’s Dr. Frankenstein.”

Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All

“The Art of the Deal” made America see Trump as a charmer with an unfailing knack for business. Tony Schwartz helped create that myth—and regrets it.

Starting in late 1985, Schwartz spent eighteen months with Trump—camping out in his office, joining him on his helicopter, tagging along at meetings, and spending weekends with him at his Manhattan apartment and his Florida estate. During that period, Schwartz felt, he had got to know him better than almost anyone else outside the Trump family. Until Schwartz posted the tweet, though, he had not spoken publicly about Trump for decades. It had never been his ambition to be a ghostwriter, and he had been glad to move on. But, as he watched a replay of the new candidate holding forth for forty-five minutes, he noticed something strange: over the decades, Trump appeared to have convinced himself that he had written the book. Schwartz recalls thinking, “If he could lie about that on Day One—when it was so easily refuted—he is likely to lie about anything.”

Last edited:
Schwartz sent Trump an advanced copy of “The Art of the Deal” for comments before it went to print.

The only comment from Trump was…….Make TRUMP bigger on the cover
Remember his fake Time Magazine Covers.

A Time magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. It’s fake.

The framed copy of Time magazine was hung up in at least five of President Trump’s clubs, from South Florida to Scotland. Filling the entire cover was a photo of Donald Trump.

“Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” the big headline said. Above the Time nameplate, there was another headline in all caps: “TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS . . . EVEN TV!”

This cover — dated March 1, 2009 — looks like an impressive memento from Trump’s pre-presidential career. To club members eating lunch, or golfers waiting for a pro-shop purchase, it seemed to be a signal that Trump had always been a man who mattered. Even when he was just a reality TV star, Trump was the kind of star who got a cover story in Time.

But that wasn’t true.

The Time cover is a fake.

There was no March 1, 2009, issue of Time magazine. And there was no issue at all in 2009 that had Trump on the cover.

When The Donald introduced Trump Airlines he wanted the "greatest" agency and chose Chiat/Day. Chiat produced some brilliant advertising for the Trump Shuttle.

The ads, evidently, not to Trump’s "taste," he sent Jay a very nasty and threatening letter about the work and the agency—nicely typed on beautiful, gold embossed stationery.

In uniquely Jay fashion, he replied with a handwritten note attached to Donald’s original letter that simply said: "Donald, I thought you should know that some lunatic has stolen your stationery. Jay"

And of course Chiat/Day was summarily fired.

How is your border czar doing with closing the border? How many terrorists has she let get into our country?
4 more years of unchecked borders and this country is done.

How many terrorist attacks have there been?

How is your border czar doing with closing the border? How many terrorists has she let get into our country?
4 more years of unchecked borders and this country is done.
I keep hearing about our country being done. Is that because Doneold said that "If I'm not elected, you won't have a country anymore"?

Fat orange drama queen is all that I get out of that.

How many terrorist attacks have there been?
Do we include rape and murder as terror? As for the ones we let in that are on the terrorist list, I'd have to find out how long the terrorists that drove planes into the towers were here before their plan came together. They were here long enough to learn how to fly planes.
Why do you think people on our terrorist list would want access to our country, the big Satan?

Only after all this did ICE run fingerprints and find that Hagos was on the terror watch list and had somehow made his way to Haiti and, from there, the United States.

Biden/Harris just flew 20,000 "Haitians" into one little town in Ohio.

I keep hearing about our country being done. Is that because Doneold said that "If I'm not elected, you won't have a country anymore"?

Fat orange drama queen is all that I get out of that.
No dumb ass. While you pretend to be in a Repub vs Demo conflict, our globalist government plans on the great reset of 2030.
Trump = USD and Crypto
Harris = CBDC = total control. Total control.

Forum List

Back