July Retail Sales Smash Estimates, Recession Fears Subsided

you are great entertainment, watching you grasp at straws is much fun!
Do you know what will be fun?... to watch you disappear like a coward after Trump wins... now that will be fun... I know your type... you are a liar and a coward...

Do you know what will be fun?... to watch you disappear like a coward after Trump wins... now that will be fun... I know your type... you are a liar and a coward...

I might have to for a few months, seems I made like 3 bets on the outcome of the election.

But, since I was here after Trump won the first time, why would I leave he is wins again....my life will not change one iota not matter which of them wins.

Also, it will be fun to watch you all try to explain why nothing has changed once he has been back in office for a while

Well it looks like the consumer is spending comfortably. July sales beat forecasts without being so good to spike inflation fears. Call it the goldilocks report for being 100% perfect. Stock market shot up 400 points on the reporting.

Bidenomics is cranking along very nicely. Cant wait to see what Kamalanomics has in store for us.

Consumer spending held up even better than expected in July as inflation pressures showed more signs of easing, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

Advanced retail sales accelerated 1% on the month, according to numbers that are adjusted for seasonality. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.3% increase. Excluding auto-related items, sales increased 0.4%, also better than the 0.1% forecast.

There was also good news on the labor market front: Initial unemployment benefit claims for the week ended Aug. 10 totaled 227,000, a decrease of 7,000 from the previous week and lower than the estimate for 235,000.

Gains in sales were propelled by increases at motor vehicle and parts dealers (3.6%), electronics and appliance stores (1.6%), and food and beverage outlets (0.9%). Miscellaneous retailers saw a plunge of 2.5% while gas stations saw receipts climb just 0.1% and clothing stores were down 0.1%.

View attachment 996092
Half of that spending is on credit which means it has a very dark future. Also we could actually use a brief recession to strengthen the dollar. Continuously leveraging the next step of progress at the cost of the monetary unit has a predictably morbid end in sight.

Half of that spending is on credit which means it has a very dark future. Also we could actually use a brief recession to strengthen the dollar. Continuously leveraging the next step of progress at the cost of the monetary unit has a predictably morbid end in sight.
Credit levels are at very low levels in history. I feel like you guys don’t even try to be authentic.

IMG_0031.jpeg

Credit levels are at very low levels in history. I feel like you guys don’t even try to be authentic.

View attachment 1008422
Doesn't change a thing....
People are spending on credit. Just because it's not record debt doesn't mean it's good debt.

I watch when I'm in line what they use to pay with. It's an indicator.

This is the philosophy you guys use.... "The femoral artery has slowed down to a gush.... We Should be thankful."

Doesn't change a thing....
People are spending on credit. Just because it's not record debt doesn't mean it's good debt.

I watch when I'm in line what they use to pay with. It's an indicator.

This is the philosophy you guys use.... "The femoral artery has slowed down to a gush.... We Should be thankful."
Justoffal: makes a statement

Citygator: shows him his statement is untrue

Justoffal: says his statement doesn’t matter he still thinks the same even though he was wrong

Sure… tell me it’s not a cult.

Justoffal: makes a statement

Citygator: shows him his statement is untrue

Justoffal: says his statement doesn’t matter he still thinks the same even though he was wrong

Sure… tell me it’s not a cult.

You foolishly stepped in it by trying to rebuke me for a statement I did not make.
It's on you not me.

Forum List

Back